User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Fe and Te?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Is the outer world everything but yourself? Would Ti and Fi be selfish, or self-absorbed functions then?

According to your definitions, wouldn't someone afflicted with Ti be delusional, and someone afflicted with Fi be hysterical?
    well i don't think they necessarily don't care about the outer world. they just don't place any extra value on it in making decisions.

and it's not like an xxTP ONLY has Ti. they have all the other judging functions, too, to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Moral codes don't exist as perceptions. If you have no judgement, you might know the world is going to end but won't give a damn.

So the rational functions do the job of constructing the moral code. The feeling functions don't just passively react and 'have feelings'. (burning your hand is a sensation)

That's how the distinction works.
    but experience in general is in the realm of Pi. a set of long-term values is a part of overall experience (a part than Fi factors in quite often).

from the Pi's perspective, the values aren't even decipherable. it's the F function's job to decipher them and analyze them against other data from P functions.

all judging functions function the same exact way. pure deduction. the information they deduce from is what's different.

J functions don't start with any information by themselves. they get information from P functions and output the result of their analysis.

to me, it doesn't make sense any other way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

So Te is most concerned with synthesizing information while Ti is most concerned with analyzing information?

If that's the case, I know that I analyze information with the hope and intent of synthesizing cohesive systems of "truth". I enjoy creating categories, not categorizing, if that makes sense.
    i don't think that's the correct distinction to make between Te and Ti. they're pretty much the same, with the difference being that Te is biased toward the outer world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    My high tertiary Fe allowed me to develop a genuine interest into others, how they live, how they think, and I appreciate diversity. It allows me to listen to new ideas everywhere, to feed my dominant Ne.
    Impeccable description. However, the phrase "Tell me about yourself/the subject at hand," stated by a wide-eyed ENTP, can often be translated as "Amuse me."

An ENTP recently implored me to tell him about MBTI and his type. I replied, with a smirk, "Make a list of questions." No list, and the conversation hasn't been revisited since!

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i don't think that's the correct distinction to make between Te and Ti. they're pretty much the same, with the difference being that Te is biased toward the outer world.
    Please define outer world.

How is there a distinction between the world you belong to and the world that exists outside yourself?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Impeccable description. However, the phrase "Tell me about yourself/the subject at hand," stated by a wide-eyed ENTP, can often be translated as "Amuse me."
    Touche!

Htb, your deep cleverness will never cease to amaze me.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    These expressions you're talking about usually come with Ti or Fi being in the inferior (and sometimes tertiary) functions. Fi may be self-absorbed but in a dominant/auxillary position it respects that others are self-absorbed, too, and work on that assumption. Fe doesn't do that and rather looks at known expectations for behavior.

Fi will try to seek deeply into somebody for understanding and be quite merciful with what it finds. Fe, however, will find something 'wrong' and try to fix it so that the person is happier, whether the person wants it or not.
    This (the distinctions between Fi and Fe) makes plenty of sense to me for some reason, but I don't yet fully understand the distinctions between, or definitions of Ti vs. Te.

If you can, please enlighten me.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    all judging functions function the same exact way. pure deduction. the information they deduce from is what's different.
    How can you be so sure it's only "pure deduction", and not inductive (most likely), abductive or even transductive (analogy) reasoning?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFJ

This (the distinctions between Fi and Fe) makes plenty of sense to me for some reason, but I don't yet fully understand the distinctions between, or definitions of Ti vs. Te.

If you can, please enlighten me.
    Ti searches for things like internal consistency in logic while Te looks for external consistency. Te will be satisfied with a model that obtains consistent results, while Ti might find something logically 'wrong' with the model based on what is known about things in the model and discredit it based on that.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Please define outer world.

How is there a distinction between the world you belong to and the world that exists outside yourself?
    well i'm using inner-world to mean your thoughts and feelings.

i'm not saying you don't exist in your outer world.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    How can you be so sure it's only "pure deduction", and not inductive (most likely), abductive or even transductive (analogy) reasoning?
    inductive and transductive are in the realm of intuition. i dont know what abductive is, but i'd assume it's in the realm of intuition as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'd say Te compares datas according to know models (objective thinker), while Ti is obsessed with the intrinsic meaning of things and the little glitches no one suspects (subjective thinker). Both functions can be contradictory sometimes.

Ti always seeks context, definition, inner logic... [ALWAYS!]

while

Te speaks about order, organization, position, comparisons...

7w8 SCUxI