User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Fe and Te?

MBTI
    INFP

Throughout someone's existence as being an introverted judger, they abide by their own code of values (I am saying values because I am only talking about Fi for this post) which has been in creation their whole life. They are concerned with making their own actions congruent with their own values. Extraverted judgers (and this is my perception and understanding) are concerned with making the actions of both themselves and others congruent with an accepted, objective code of ethics.

So you are right. Fi wants to be what it believes. Fe wants to do/see done what it believes.
    Last edited by disregard; 05-05-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: accidentally put the word "not" where it wasn't supposed to be

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Fi makes judgments based on an internal code of values.
    it only cares about the feelings of the present moment. Ni and Si contain the actual code of values you're referring to.

Fe, on an external code of values.
    again, the code of values is actually stored in Ni or Si. Fe just cares about the users feelings associated with the outside world in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, we just assume that at some level, the world makes sense, and we just have to figure out how.

... or... well... maybe not at all. *sigh*
    sorry to sound like a broken record, but that assumption lies in the introverted perception functions.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    they all factor in the above premises and the information they get from perceiving functions and make deductions.

anyone have thoughts on that?
    Ti assumes truth is the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    So, could that in some way mean that people with dominate Fi are "be-ers" and people with dominate Fe are "do-ers"?

Sorry if that sounded ignorant. I have had trouble completely understanding the different mindsets of Fi and Fe.
    Extroverted judging functions are all about "doing" where as introverted judging aims for understanding.

Hence Js have Te/Fe while Ps have Ti/Fi.

MBTI
    INFP

[Fi] only cares about the feelings of the present moment. Ni and Si contain the actual code of values you're referring to.
    You'll need to explain this..

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

sorry to sound like a broken record, but that assumption lies in the introverted perception functions.
    Oh, stop hogging all the good stuff for yourself.

I suppose, tho, that Ji functions don't assume anything at all, regardless -- they only process information they actually receive. At best, they can distinguish areas where judgments can be made and where they cannot... and how conclusive said judgments are.

Perhaps that ties into your comments about Fi judging internal feelings only in the moment. It relies on a data stream because it needs something to process.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    So, could that in some way mean that people with dominate Fi are "be-ers" and people with dominate Fe are "do-ers"?

Sorry if that sounded ignorant. I have had trouble completely understanding the different mindsets of Fi and Fe.
    Je people are do-ers because they're focused on conclusions regarding the external world, and taking action can immediately affect that world in accordance with those conclusions.

Pe people are be-ers, or thinkers, because the outer-world isn't assumed to be important. but it can be, and when it is, Ji people will do, too.

Throughout someone's existence as being an introverted judger, they abide by their own code of values (I am saying values because I am only talking about Fi for this post) which has been in creation their whole life. They are concerned with making their own actions congruent with their own values. Extraverted judgers (and this is my perception and understanding) are concerned with making the actions of both themselves and others congruent with an accepted, objective code of ethics.

So you are right. Fi wants to be what it believes. Fe wants to do/see done what it believes.
    again, the code of values is completely a Pi thing. Pi takes in new data in the context of overall experience (abstract for Ni, concrete for Si). an Fi person will take in new data, which Pi places, and judge the placement of that data with the assumption that feelings are most important. someone who uses Fi a lot will have an experience constantly molded by the assumption that feelings are the most important, which is where long-term values come into play.

but an Fi person who takes in new data through a Pe will only evaluate the data that it gets from that Pe in that moment. long-term stuff is only at play when Pi is used.

MBTI
    ENFP

Thanks for explanations. I understand some, but to be honest, I'm still lost.
    Heres the list of confusion:

- If "Fe assumes that feelings about the outer world are most important", then what explains the INTP behaviour of making decisions based on logic (Ti) ??
    - "Fi makes judgments based on an internal code of values. Fe, on an external code of values." If thats the case, again where does logic fit into it with those with Ti ? Also with for eg ENFPs who have Te? How does Te come into play with Fi ??

it only cares about the feelings of the present moment. Ni and Si contain the actual code of values you're referring to.
    Yeah you have to explain this please? As an ENFP I dont have a Ni nor Si. Does this mean I dont have code of values??

Thanks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You'll need to explain this..
    hopefully i did in the above post. let me know if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, stop hogging all the good stuff for yourself.

I suppose, tho, that Ji functions don't assume anything at all, regardless -- they only process information they actually receive. At best, they can distinguish areas where judgments can be made and where they cannot... and how conclusive said judgments are.

Perhaps that ties into your comments about Fi judging internal feelings only in the moment. It relies on a data stream because it needs something to process.
    i completely agree, except for the bolded section. i still think that's a Pi thing -- judgments made by J functions are seen the the context of experience. the experience tells you if the judgments are useful.

MBTI
    INFP

It does, thanks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Yeah you have to explain this please? As an ENFP I dont have a Ni nor Si. Does this mean I dont have code of values??

Thanks.
    you definitely DO have Ni AND Si.

i've been thinking about this a lot in the last few days, and i'm beginning to think of extroversion and introversion of perceiving functions as a spectrum. how much of the past is weighed into the experience of novel information?

purely extroverted perceiving functions basically don't even exist.

crap, i have class right now; hopefully i'll be able to continue the discussion, but i need to find a power outlet because my laptop battery is done for.