Thread: Fe and Te?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Thanks. How does this come into effect when making decisions?
    Hmmmm....
    Fe is taking people into consideration when making decisions so I don't see it as fake.

Te when making decisions.... I don't know. My Te is a third function and it helps me to organize and categorize information that I receive. That way it helps me make decisions as a third function.

I have observed strong Te in a ESTJ where Te is seen as actually organizing and categorizing real material things. I would say that ENTJ does the same but only in mental level. ?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Te and Ti are kind of like this.

Let's say we have people of both types try to manufacture something.

Te sees: Materials ---> Process ---> Product.

Its easy to follow and doesn't lead to a whole lot of problems, even if it is simple. Sometimes things need not be complex to work properly.

Ti sees: Materials ---> sldjfljKLJLHKHFJLSJGF LKAJSLjlkghliejdw9052ojrwefih asidujoiwurpwijOI KRNKEIGHF SKJFHSIRHFALKSDJ
    SNHKFHJE WILRTWEIOEJFKSDJKj lkjskljdfklsejr iowjflsjls ---> Product.

While Ti just sees the process that he needs to follow, Ti tries to sort out EVERYTHING. To Te, that jumble is irrelevant and does not need to be analyzed. To Ti, it does.

Ti is, "What does this mean?"
    Te is, "What does this require?"

What I see is that all introverted functions, no matter if they're P or J functions, are dissecting, and all extroverted functions are constructing, because really, to internalize anything, you have to tear it apart and process it first.

It's like, the differences between Ne and Ni, Ni sees a thread and pulls as hard as it can until it finds the root, while Ne takes multiple threads and knots them all together. Ne has already gotten its 'understanding' from Ji and Ni gets its implementation from Je, so it all works out.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcea Rosea View Post
    Hmmmm....
    Fe is taking people into consideration when making decisions so I don't see it as fake.

Te when making decisions.... I don't know. My Te is a third function and it helps me to organize and categorize information that I receive. That way it helps me make decisions as a third function.

I have observed strong Te in a ESTJ where Te is seen as actually organizing and categorizing real material things. I would say that ENTJ does the same but only in mental level. ?
    All extraverted procsses can go on mentally without being spoken.
    If it's extraverted processing, even if people have thought about something with an extraverted process without talking, they love to talk about what they just thought, and they're willing to refine the results of the process through talking it out.

So, what actually happens with ENTJs, according to Building Blocks of Personality Type, is that they seem to talk without caring if others are listening. I definately have noticed this sometimes with my ENTJ physics teacher.

MBTI
    INTP

For Ni vs. Ne (I think any other comparison has been pretty well explained by other posters), for me, Ni is kind of like this really weird daydream; I think about something that happened and I play out in my mind many ways how that event could evolve. I think it's so often described as a "flash of insight" because J types are more inclined to jump on the first thing it tells them and act (and Ni is more dominant in them), while when P types use Ni they let it kind of take over and play something out until it has nothing else to say. Ne puts the user in a less trance-like state and is less detailed. If Ni is a beam, Ne is a fan, rapidly exploring several possibilities in less time but with less detail. If Thomas Edison was Ni dominant, he probably would have started out with a single design for the lightbulb and continually improved it until a functioning product came out; as he was Ne dominant, however, he tried many vastly different designs. Ne questions the basic principles behind something more often, while Ni questions the details.