User Tag List

First 12345 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I have, however, a slight prejudice against ISTJs. Both my mother and my step-mother are ISTJs, it's a complex family problem... Grmmmbll...

Stupid and childish, isn't it?
    I think we all have our own versions of this.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I think we all have our own versions of this.
    For me it's ESTJs.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Ns and ISTP.

ESF_s are insufferable for me.
    we fukin won boys

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

List? Hmmm in some order

ENTP
    INFP, INFJ
    ENFJ
    INTP, ISTP
    ESTP, INTJ, ENFP
    XSFP (? I barely interact with any), ISFJ
    ENTJ, ISTJ
    ESFJ, ESTJ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

1. Any healthy type
    x. Unhealthy Type

A good deal has been said about how the MBTI fails to measure the "Big Five" trait of Neuroticism, which encompasses such rejectable quirks as an overgrown temper, personal insecurity, and self pity. Nor does one's MBTI type say whether a person treats another human being with respect or not. This more than anything else, including type, is important to me in liking a person whether they're an ESFJ or an INTP. For records sake I will say this. I know very few Intuitive types and I've yet to meet enough people of each of the 16 types to draw a logical consensus and while ESTJs and ESFJs tend not to like me very much, I have met individual people of these types who were genually good people and other individuals who were a torture to deal with. However, by general grouping I get along best with the temperaments in this apparent order.

1. Rational
    2. Artisan
    3. Idealist
    4. Guardian

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

ENTJ
    ESTJ
    INTJ
    ISFP

My deepest awe and respect goes to the TJ's because they operate on levels that are incomprehensible to me. When I think of a TJ, William Blake's The Tiger comes to mind. As for the ISFP's, I've romanticized them because of their innate understanding of beauty and movement, subtlety and grace; I imagine being one is like being flowing water.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'm going to have to go ahead and say that I hate all of them.

All of them have the potential to be asshats. Best to be indiscriminate here, I guess.

If I were to type my best friends, though, I'd guess that one is an INFP and the other is an ISFP, both female. Also, my brother, who I love to death, is either INTP or INFP (I still can't decide.)
    Kudos for the pessimism! How about saying you love all types because each one has its special gifts, and potential to make the world more beautiful, instead.

My closest friends through various phases of my life have been these types:
    1) INFP
    2) ISTP
    3) ENTP
    4) INFJ
    5) ISTJ

Though I can name a friend in my life of every type.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I enjoy my moments with ENTJ more than I enjoy my time with any other type, but I guess it's because it's always about accomplishing something. They usually have the perfect deal, one that I've been looking for, and I'm the missing ingredient, one that they've been looking for. I just absolutely love doing business with them.

I like the time spent with them socially, too, but I don't seek their company. They're a bit image conscious in their rest & relaxation in a way I am not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    Kudos for the pessimism! How about saying you love all types because each one has its special gifts, and potential to make the world more beautiful, instead.
    I was going to do something along those lines but I figured that I was going to get flamed, even though that's closer to my actual philosophy. But, you know, I get pounced on for saying the opposite.

I can't win. C'est la vie.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    1. Any healthy type
    x. Unhealthy Type

A good deal has been said about how the MBTI fails to measure the "Big Five" trait of Neuroticism, which encompasses such rejectable quirks as an overgrown temper, personal insecurity, and self pity. Nor does one's MBTI type say whether a person treats another human being with respect or not.
    The Type Differentiation Indicator is an updated version of MBTI that adds the "Comfort/Discomfort" scale (And divided into subscales like the Step II) that roughly corresponds to Neuroticism.

Looking at the Interaction Styles, I would think "directiveness" (NJ/ST) would tend to be more higher in Discomfort. (Directing/Informin seems to correspond more to Agreebleness, though) Structure-orientation (SJ/NT) seems to be high Discomfort as well. And to a certain extent, introversion. All of those will deal with the quirks you mentioned.