First 123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Can somebody give a good description of what a Ti-Ni loop is? Thanks!

garbage

We tend to regard someone with high Ne and Te as an ENFP in such-and-such a loop, because that's the only way they'll fit the theory. We then extrapolate based upon that ENFP typing, viewing them as we would anyone else whom we type as ENFP. Classic.

We also tell ourselves that we're Jungian cognitive functions to get at the cognitive core of an individual, yet we turn around and use them to predict surface-level behaviors. Also classic.

One might wind up believing that JCF is bullshit because it's often applied in ways that it ought not to be applied, attempting to explain things with it that it's not equipped or even intended to explain.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    We tend to regard someone with high Ne and Te as an ENFP in such-and-such a loop, because that's the only way they'll fit the theory. We then extrapolate based upon that ENFP typing, viewing them as we would anyone else whom we type as ENFP. Classic.

We also tell ourselves that we're Jungian cognitive functions to get at the cognitive core of an individual, yet we turn around and use them to predict surface-level behaviors. Also classic.

One might wind up believing that JCF is bullshit because it's often applied in ways that it ought not to be applied, attempting to explain things with it that it's not equipped or even intended to explain.

or maybe people in Ne/Te loops are really ENTJs? Doubtful. There's still more Fi in an ENFP in an Ne/Te loop than in an ENTJ.

Also, sometimes I swear people think they're seeing Te and its really Se (as in my case).

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    or maybe people in Ne/Te loops are really ENTJs? Doubtful. There's still more Fi in an ENFP in an Ne/Te loop than in an ENTJ.
    I didn't say anything about the person in an Ne/Te loop being an ENTJ, either. ENTJs don't "have" Ne (). But, hell, even that's tangential to my point, my answer to the question posed by the OP--which is summed up in that third paragraph up there.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I didn't say anything about the person in an Ne/Te loop being an ENTJ, either. ENTJs don't "have" Ne (). But, hell, even that's tangential to my point, my answer to the question posed by the OP--which is summed up in that third paragraph up there.
    So someone in an Ne/Te loop is an ENTP then?

garbage

So someone in an Ne/Te loop is an ENTP then?
    By definition, no.

But these questions aren't my concern.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

By definition, no.

But these questions aren't my concern.
    Well if cognitive loops aren't real, then I want you to explain to me why they aren't, because otherwise you're just standing in the middle of the room screaming this isn't real because you said so.

I mean someone who shows signs of being in a cognitive loop tends to be extroverted to the point of lacking introspection, or even being invasive to other people...while someone in an introverted loop tends to be extraordinarily introverted to the point that they may be avoidant, delusional, or simply unable to make contact with the external world in any kind of meaningful or productive way.

Furthermore, as I said, Ne/Te doesn't equal ENTJ, typically you can see more Fi even with someone in an Ne/Te loop. They don't really look like an ENTJ.

So I'm asking you for another explanation without dismissing it without thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Can somebody give a good description of what a Ti-Ni loop is? Thanks!

like in an istp?

perhaps it is what istp depression looks like? (it is a very bitter misanthropicness that tends to not tolerate happiness around them)
    paranoia and thinking everyone else thnks you are inferior or stupid? Just throwing out ideas so I could be totally wrong.

Beautiful TiNi makes amazing art and does amazing adaptive kinisthetic excellence. Fast, prestine, finely aimed precision.

garbage

Well if cognitive loops aren't real, then I want you to explain to me why they aren't, because otherwise you're just standing in the middle of the room screaming this isn't real because you said so.
    I didn't say that cognitive function loops aren't real. The function loops themselves aren't even my point.

I also really don't owe you an explanation, and I think your criterion for "not having thought about something" is completely off.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I didn't say that cognitive function loops aren't real. The function loops themselves aren't even my point.

I also really don't owe you an explanation, and I think your criterion for "not having thought about something" is completely off.
    It's not about "owing me an explanation" it's about making your ideas clearly understood. For example, if you gave a detailed argument, you might convince me that your perspective was right, partly right, or at least I could see why you feel that way, even if I don't agree with you.

I think you're looking at this with Fe and I'm looking at it with Te, because this isn't about "personally owing" me anything, but about making yourself rationally clear on your position.