User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Ti vs Te Explained!

Ti vs Te Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyx5xQfNPaA

Third video in my MBTI series! Hope you enjoy it, hope you learn something!

Let me know if I said anything you disagree with Or if you liked it!

What characteristics of Te or Ti do you notice in yourself or others? Which do you prefer someone else having?

Other MBTI Videos:

Ni vs Ne Explained:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyx5xQfNPaA

Fi vs Fe Explained:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuTtRjqnXJo

Introversion vs Extraversion Explained:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXBFnqu8VxE
    Last edited by Doctorjuice; 05-15-2012 at 06:54 PM.

MBTI
    TiNe

I think you really are a Ti dominant, one of the few whose got their type correct. It's good to see you being proactive and channeling.

I also watched your other one about Fi/Fe. I wouldn't start getting into typing via smiles just yet though. It seems people all over typology communities are starting to notice certain things related to visual reading but they've got a ways to go. It takes a lot of research and a lot of people-watching to see it clearly.

There are several different groups presently in progress who are trying to crack the code of visual-reading.
    I think you could learn a lot by teaming up with them and studying what they've found thus far, and expanding from that.

• intuitivetime.com
    • podlairproductions.com
    • physiognomy.me
    • socionics v.i.

To name a few.

deleted

I think xNTJs get a lot of drivel for not being theoretical types or thinkers. A large part of the difference you've learned about Te is that as logical Js we all get to the point and deliver, thus saying we've learned to shed most Ti 'thinking' to a more basic and immediate use. This portion is unfortunately more or less the stereotype of a worker or someone immersed fully in reality, more than it has to do with functional manifestation: a trait expounded by Keirsey made a shallo functional reinterpretation of thinking, to sound more true than it is. In my experience this definition of Te and Ti is the same thing merely used to divide goal-setters from theorists, like the difference between sensor and intuitive. It was called "directive" vs "informative" I believe. All aside from the fact that both Ti and Te types like to plan logically, the difference is a lot deeper than that. I would say for one xNTJs love constructing plans and ideas externally with terminology and organization applicable to general use, however this would be less faithful to IxTJs as their secondary mode, who are really immersed in the world of emerging personal impressions than they are organizing or analyzing. I defined Te more as efficient than productive. This however doesn't mean Te makes ready for immediate work or one is looking for a plan in real-time. Te is as much an abstract function for an abstract type, and the division of a personality into only external application doesn't work half of the time. We're only talking about Te and Ti.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    I think you really are a Ti dominant, one of the few whose got their type correct. It's good to see you being proactive and channeling.
    Thanks! I'm sure there are a lot of people who mistype themselves. What made you believe I really was Ti dominant as opposed to just thinking I was?

@polikujm
    Exactly what part of the video were you criticizing?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm still not sure if I use Ti more or Te more, but thanks to your videos at least, I know that I seem to not use Fi.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Doctorjuice

I should also mention that I am extremely entertained by the fact that you look like Steve from, "Blues Clues".

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I'm still not sure if I use Ti more or Te more, but thanks to your videos at least, I know that I seem to not use Fi.
    It seems like you definitely use Ti.

I should also mention that I am extremely entertained by the fact that you look like Steve from, "Blues Clues".
    I will take that as a compliment.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    It seems like you definitely use Ti.

I will take that as a compliment.
    Why do I DEFINITELY use Ti? Also how do you know that I use it more than Fe?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Why do I DEFINITELY use Ti? Also how do you know that I use it more than Fe?
    Sorry, cut out the definitely, too strong a word, I said before that I was almost sure you use Fe, which entails you using Ti. If you use Fe then you'll also have Ti as one of your first four functions, and vice versa. Same with Te and Fi. So if you can identify one of your functions, you also know another one of your functions.

In all of the ENTPs I know, they use Ti more than Fe. I would bet that you use Ti more than Fe too. Some people say their auxiliary and tertiary functions battle it out, but in my experience this is not the case. Though maybe it is the case for some people out there, I don't know.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    Sorry, cut out the definitely, too strong a word, I said before that I was almost sure you use Fe, which entails you using Ti. If you use Fe then you'll also have Ti as one of your first four functions, and vice versa. Same with Te and Fi. So if you can identify one of your functions, you also know another one of your functions.

In all of the ENTPs I know, they use Ti more than Fe. I would bet that you use Ti more than Fe too. Some people say their auxiliary and tertiary functions battle it out, but in my experience this is not the case. Though maybe it is the case for some people out there, I don't know.
    Yeah, I know all about function order. I would pretty much swear though that my functions are Ne<Fe<Ti<Si. It really doesn't make much sense.