User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    I'll be covering what the functions are and how you can figure out which ones you use in the future as well as some type comparisons and other stuff. If you want to be informed when I upload them, subscribe to my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1/featured
    For good measure I linked you though I know you'll see this anyway since it is your thread. And ps. no youtube accnt, and I like your L pic *thumbs up*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I took the enneagram test at personality cafe too and I got 5w6. This and 3w2 both seem pretty accurate.
    Now you just have to determine what your core type is: 3 w 2 or 5 w 6. I will say that it is extremely common for an INTP to be a 5 w 6 core type though.

@burymecloser

Also, I didn't know that 3 was an uncommon enneagram for INTP's. I would say that in the videos he posts at least he seems a lot more 5 w 6 than 3 though.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo Breeder View Post
    Darn, I accidentally refreshed the page and lost my post lmao. So it will be weird to rewrite this, but here it goes. I meant Tdoms and Fdoms. Don't Tdoms generally place value on objective truths? If so, then what makes them different from an Fdom that values the same? Are you saying that the other cog fxs will make up for this discrepancy? If so, how? I'm just trying to figure this out :O. Your videos did emphasize emotion for the F functions, but I thought that F functions didn't necessarily involve emotions, especially if that wasn't something they placed as one of their subjective values. Like this:

"2. Feeling (mostly women): a rational function that weighs, values, and attaches a proper value to things. Truth is seen as inter-subjectivity. (The "feeling" is not the result of something—it’s more like practical wisdom, knowing the appropriate thing to do under the circumstances-- phronesis). {The feeling type has an underdeveloped thinking function.}"
    http://philosophy.lander.edu/ethics/jung.html

So what happens with an Fdom that doesn't value emotions nearly as much as objectivity? :O
    Tricky question.

So let's take an ENFP (even though they're Ne-dom). They are concerned with their subjective, personal values and feelings (Fi) but they can also be very rational, objective thinkers (because of their Te). Sometimes you might run into an ENFP who uses their Te more than their Fi, maybe because it's what their career calls for. In this case, I wouldn't say the ENFP values their emotions more than objectivity, rather I would just say the ENFP is getting more use out of their Te. However, the ENFP will always have that inclination to use Fi and tasks that involve use of their Fi will energize them, more so than tasks that involve use of Te.

Perhaps because of social conditioning or some other cause, the ENFP believes that objective thinking is more valuable than their personal feelings and values. So the ENFP would just be using their Te more so than they would naturally and their Fi less so than they would naturally. I wouldn't say it would be all that healthy for them though.

With an INFP, the same principles apply, just they're going to have even more of a tendency to use Fi and even less of a tendency to use Te. The pressure needed to get them to use Te more than Fi is going to be much greater.

Tricky question.

So let's take an ENFP (even though they're Ne-dom). They are concerned with their subjective, personal values and feelings (Fi) but they can also be very rational, objective thinkers (because of their Te). Sometimes you might run into an ENFP who uses their Te more than their Fi, maybe because it's what their career calls for. In this case, I wouldn't say the ENFP values their emotions more than objectivity, rather I would just say the ENFP is getting more use out of their Te. However, the ENFP will always have that inclination to use Fi and tasks that involve use of their Fi will energize them, more so than tasks that involve use of Te.

Perhaps because of social conditioning or some other cause, the ENFP believes that objective thinking is more valuable than their personal feelings and values. So the ENFP would just be using their Te more so than they would naturally and their Fi less so than they would naturally. I wouldn't say it would be all that healthy for them though.

With an INFP, the same principles apply, just they're going to have even more of a tendency to use Fi and even less of a tendency to use Te. The pressure needed to get them to use Te more than Fi is going to be much greater.
    So you're saying that in order to use objective reasoning you Must be using a T fx? How did you decide it? I can't really find any trusted links online, and I read the link you sent some time ago and everything on it was so vague. The link I sent you seemed the most straight-forward and looks to be notes from Jung rather than interpretations, and it claims that the F fx isn't based on emotions. So couldn't and Fdom person value objectivity and without having to use a T fx as well? Or does the F only decide what is valued while the S/N gather the info? If so, then a T would be unnecessary for objective reasoning, wouldn't it? Because T would be doing the same type of judging, but not the gathering.

MBTI
    INTP

So you're saying that in order to use objective reasoning you Must be using a T fx?
    No

The link I sent you seemed the most straight-forward and looks to be notes from Jung rather than interpretations, and it claims that the F fx isn't based on emotions.
    I did not care for the link in your post at all. There were a lot of really off things on the site, such as when it said introverted thinking is not concerned with reality and is concerned with abstract stuff and then listed introverted thinkers as people into math, philosophy, etc. Now that's just confusing part of introverted thinking with part of intuition which is just not good at all.

Second, many people have claimed that the Feeling functions are not based on emotions. I don't know how true this is, but it's pretty obvious to me that to notice Fi and Fe in other people it works really well to pay attention to their emotions.

So couldn't and Fdom person value objectivity and without having to use a T fx as well? Or does the F only decide what is valued while the S/N gather the info? If so, then a T would be unnecessary for objective reasoning, wouldn't it? Because T would be doing the same type of judging, but not the gathering.
    I don't really understand a lot of what you said here. Thinking functions are better at categorizing data based on objective, impersonal, and technical parameters. Whether that makes them necessary for objective reasoning, I do not know.

So you're saying that in order to use objective reasoning you Must be using a T fx?

No

I'm confused why you disagree. What did you mean by this then?

"they can also be very rational, objective thinkers (because of their Te)"

And then you said you didn't know here: "Thinking functions are better at categorizing data based on objective, impersonal, and technical parameters. Whether that makes them necessary for objective reasoning, I do not know."

And where did you find trustworthy data? I've showed you some of where I got my info (not saying I trust it), but I still don't understand where you gathered your info for your videos. Or was your info only from that one link? Do you know if it is credible? I can't really tell who made it or what the sources were. Sorry, I just thought this would be a lot easier than it turned out. I thought I'd just ask and you'd pop me a link and say it's from Jung or Keirsey or whoever.

"I don't really understand a lot of what you said here."

This is what I meant, from just a random googled page, but I can't find where I got my information previously. I just read a lot of forum links, since the people on these forums seem more focused on the subject and more likely to find the correct info than myself, but the info I'm focusing on from this site corresponds to what I've seen from forums:

"thinking and feeling are the decision-making (judging) functions. the thinking and feeling functions are both used to make rational decisions, based on the data received from their information-gathering functions (sensing or intuition)."

http://mbti-types.tumblr.com/the_mbti

So if and Fdom person values objective reasoning, then what would make it different from a Tdom who does the same is what I was asking.

And do you know how to multi-quote? I don't know how it works :O

MBTI
    INTP

@Chocobo Breeder

I'm confused why you disagree. What did you mean by this then?
    I just meant I'm not sure whether Thinking functions are necessary for objective reasoning.

And where did you find trustworthy data?
    I mean, I get my information from just about everywhere: Books, internet articles, videos, forums... And then I take all this information and filter it through my direct experience with people, see how it matches up. Really, the experience with people is extremely important. Often, people will just go all out reading about the theory and everything, thinking up thoughts about it in their own head (which is good and all), but won't really go out and interact with people enough to see if it holds up. It should be something like 25% theory and studying, 75% interacting with people IMO.

"thinking and feeling are the decision-making (judging) functions. the thinking and feeling functions are both used to make rational decisions, based on the data received from their information-gathering functions (sensing or intuition)."

http://mbti-types.tumblr.com/the_mbti

So if and Fdom person values objective reasoning, then what would make it different from a Tdom who does the same is what I was asking.
    That quote is good and accurate. I understand the question you're asking now, but the question is kind of out of context, it's hard to explain. You're oversimplifying the Thinking and Feeling functions.

And do you know how to multi-quote? I don't know how it works :O
    Just put (quote) blah blah blah (/quote)

Except replace " ( " and " ) " with " [ " and " ] "

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Also, I didn't know that 3 was an uncommon enneagram for INTP's. I would say that in the videos he posts at least he seems a lot more 5 w 6 than 3 though.
    I always think of this old thread: SURVEY: list your zodiac sign, MBTI, and enneagram!
    5w4 is by far the most common enneagram for INTPs on this site.

Three is kind of a diva type in enneagram: wants to be impressive and attractive, tends to be image conscious, and much more associated with Te (success-oriented, pragmatic, tends to focus on doing and accomplishments) than Ti. I would be surprised at a properly typed INTP being a 3.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

Thanks for your help, Doctorjuice!

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks for your help, Doctorjuice!
    No problem