User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default intuition explained, short and simple

intuition is a perception by intermediate links and you only get the results of that whole chain of associations to your conscious mind in forms of instincts, metaphors or symbols, thus it is an perception via unconscious.

Ni sets the links between things according to how something fits his own subjective view of things(subjective impressions of collective symbols, impressions of relations between extraverted sensations, personal judgments or personal impressions of judgments of others). Ne sets the links according to objective factor, how things have been before and what seems plausible according to the things that have been before(comparing links of Si data points to understand the big picture of external world).
    Last edited by INTP; 05-20-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

bump
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

sounds pretty good. can't even find anything to nitpick

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Ni and Ne alike are the ultimate magical mind powers of the mystical, but I don't know what I am talking about.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I may have got this wrong, (and im a bit too lazy and tired this morning to look it up), but from what I understood of Jung from his Psy Types book, it is about trusting your speculations over your sensual realities, but in any case your description seemed very good.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I may have got this wrong, (and im a bit too lazy and tired this morning to look it up), but from what I understood of Jung from his Psy Types book, it is about trusting your speculations over your sensual realities, but in any case your description seemed very good.
    you are mixing intuition as a function to intuitive type. intuitive type trusts his intuitive perceptions more than sensing perceptions. functions doesent trust anything, they just perceive/judge according to rules of whatiexplainedaboutintuition(N)/fact(S)/reason(T)/value(F), its the ego that either trusts or doesent, ego of N dom naturally trusts N more than S, ego of T dom naturally trusts T over F etc.

also intuition is not about speculation
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you are mixing intuition as a function to intuitive type. intuitive type trusts his intuitive perceptions more than sensing perceptions. functions doesent trust anything, they just perceive/judge according to rules of whatiexplainedaboutintuition(N)/fact(S)/reason(T)/value(F), its the ego that either trusts or doesent, ego of N dom naturally trusts N more than S, ego of T dom naturally trusts T over F etc.

also intuition is not about speculation
    This is true. Cognition first.

Although I disagree about intuition not being about speculation, speculation plays a huge part. Yes it uses existing data but it always fills in the gaps with leaps of what is likely. People think speculation is usually negative, but it really isn't, or rather it isn't necessarily so.

Incidentally im tying this into intuition in general not just strong intuition as in the Intuitive types.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Thanks - this definitely sounds familiar for the way I experience Ni!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    This is true. Cognition first.

Although I disagree about intuition not being about speculation, speculation plays a huge part. Yes it uses existing data but it always fills in the gaps with leaps of what is likely. People think speculation is usually negative, but it really isn't, or rather it isn't necessarily so.

Incidentally im tying this into intuition in general not just strong intuition as in the Intuitive types.
    contemplation isnt an automated unconscious process, but is an conscious reasoning, this is about thinking, not intuition
    — C.G. Jung

Read

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Thanks - this definitely sounds familiar for the way I experience Ni!
    If you can relate to this does that make the connective process Ne?

@INTP - How would an Ni relate to this description, or accept it if it does not fit it's impression and how can Ni have an impression if fitting to that impression is connectivity brought by Si and Ne?