User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Okay, I take back what I said before -- I can definitely think of examples of Te without external action. Never mind! Whoops!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I'm sorry...maybe I could rephrase. What skill is there in knowing not everyone is going to be thinking outloud?

I would think most would agree there's not much mystery in knowing that. Just sayin'.

For what it's worth.
    ... Yeah, I agree with that statement. You're right that not everyone thinks out loud, and everyone knows that not everyone thinks out loud.

I guess I'm confused as to how it relates to the discussion at hand, though?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    What she's describing is discipline/maturity.
    I've never met one Te user like this.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yes, you have.

I can name MANY INTJs and ISTJs on the forum, as well. Plus, obviously, @SD45T-2
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

You've probably met quite a few and just couldn't tell. Call it a hunch.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    LoLz

Does it count if my first few thoughts after reading a few pages of this were, "I've learned how to deal with this, how are people so f'in stupid not to see it? Do I even want to bother with this?" LOL, that was Si, Te, Fi right there. Okay, I'm ISTJ.

The way I've learned to deal with it? Stick to Te and Fi, but support Te's decision making with Si. Basically, what I mean, is I have a tendency to piss people off with Te. It's not in what I do or how I do things. It's more in what I let myself say because I don't allow much of social barrier to hinder me or I'm more willing to bypass people's feelings or ideas if they just don't make sense. My whole family knows it, and my INTJ father does, also. But, I learned to correct my bluntness by trying to interject it with even more of the patented introvert Think First Then Speak mentality.

Experience keeps on being a deciding factor on how I adjust myself...I very quickly ask myself very often things like:

1) Is what I'm wanting to say socially acceptable? By that, how will it affect the other person? Will it offend them? Will it hurt their feelings? If the latter, I ask myself, do I care? Does it even matter to me?

Most of the time, if I know it will just completely eviscerate their feelings, I refrain from it. However, at the same time, my mentality is logical and forceful. I put up with almost no crap. Like a girl saying they're fine and expecting you to know what's wrong? We're not 5 years old. Get a grip and grow up. Give me a call when you're not playing the emotional games of a grade schooler.

2) I think about how it will fly based on any professional or legal conduct I'm supposed to be abiding by. Then, I strictly follow it.

3) Am I just trying to outright be annoying for fun? Like when I played "They see me stroll on my segway, I know in my heart they think I'm white and nerdy" as I drove past a group of people on segways downtown last week. Yeah, I can just be outright mean for fun.

The bottom line is, while I've learned I can easily piss someone off and I do it regularly, intentionally or unintentionally, I've learned to avoid 60-70% of mistakes by just putting a lot of what I say through a social cause and effect filter. Kind of like, "that's just dumb to say, because you'll get your butt kicked" way of thinking.

Not much of Fe at all, just taking prior experiences, building a way of interacting with the world, and solidifying it with what I actually do or do not care about.

Anew Leaf

@EJCC

Subdoing your Te? If you are subduing your Te then you are then using another function what the hell? Are you sure you aren't an ESFJ?
    It's the same thing that happens when people yell at the ENTP to use their indoor voice.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

The colloquialism could have been avoided.

Although my comment was meant in literal fashion. To enlighten. Served with more honey probably would have been better.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Expanding on the "don't be a dick about it" advice -- be sensitive to coming off like a tedious overbearing know-it-all.
    I thought that was Ti

Seriously, a mature, developed, wellbalanced TJ (read: with realistic self asessment and social skills) is a wonderful, wonderful thing! Some of the coolest people on here are friendly NTJs.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Oh man, I so need this thread. I get so embarrassed with my Te.
    Thanks so much, love you mwuah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I've been on this forum enough to have heard from Fe and Ti users that Te can be overwhelming/aggravating to them. I want to understand better why this is so. And I want to know how to fine tune my use of Te in such a way that it doesn't unnecessarily chafe.

• Advice or hints on how to use Te without pissing people off?
    • Any Te horror stories you want to share?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I thought that was Ti

Seriously, a mature, developed, wellbalanced TJ (read: with realistic self asessment and social skills) is a wonderful, wonderful thing! Some of the coolest people on here are friendly NTJs.
    True, no question about it.