• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Subtypes of MBTI types

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm ENTP. There is no way in hell that I'm Fe first. Fe doms infuriate me.

Why would an ExTP with high Fe be infuriated by Fe doms?

That makes no sense at all.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=8543]Nerd Girl[/MENTION]

Okay, I posted my results on that thread.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Why would an ExTP with high Fe be infuriated by Fe doms?

That makes no sense at all.

I use Fe to manipulate and get what I want. I like to sometimes do things to push the social limits, and it angers Fe doms.

G

garbage

If you're more of a Keirseyan with no sense of typing with functions then you would disagree.
I've reached an impasse with those who value JCF.

But, for kicks, we can replace "ISFP > ISTP" with "ENTJ > ESTJ." Whatever results in the least mental gymnastics and dissonance to get my point across.

deleted
I've reached an impasse with those who value JCF.

Just for the reference I wasn't talking about JCF. I speak mainly of it's foundational priority "F > S > N > T." When feeling is the strongest, thinking fades furthest in the background by obvious supremacy and rejection, and the other two lie in-between for supporting pieces. Merely pointing out that ISFPs to me are always feeling primary types, not necessarily defined by embraced "Fi" terminology which I've found ineffectual, nor necessarily a trait of being P, but rather some function of feeling universally practiced solely by those types, which can then to some extent be surveyed and described.

Meaning basically, what a group of ISFPs have influenced to be Fi may not hold to complete viability if some of them are not feeling-primary types. It is one definition among an unverified set of data. By obtaining data about Fi from those I believe are actually "introverted feelers" in the strict sense of the term, a more reputable familiarity about the type is formed first-handedly.

But, for kicks, we can replace "ISFP > ISTP" with "ENTJ > ESTJ." Whatever results in the least mental gymnastics and dissonance to get my point across.

In your case you may type ENxJ in basic MBTI, but when we think in cognitive functions you would by no reason be one of those types if you think you are both. ENTJs know they're thinkers and ENFJs know they're feelers. You seem to be most comfortable with intuition. If you think you are then it really is that practical, and there's no better reason you would question it. But in the chance of not relating to any of them, by recommendation, I would continue to familiarize myself with the terms more and get a feel for your primary mode of thought.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think of types in these terms.

To use intj as an example.

Intj, INtj, iNTj, iNtJ.. etc etc

I also think there can be tiNEFIse, tInefiSE, ItEn intjs, etc. (Yes, I a using socionics). I find it much more nuanced and it allows you to see the intratype conflicts and relationships more easily. While still having a framework to let the patterns flow.

I also see people flow between the types. I also believe that it is typical for the inverse dominant functions within an individual to be "strong" which is why it can be hard to distinguish between introverts. For example I believe infp has strong ni and ne with fi and fe

G

garbage

By obtaining data about Fi from those I believe are actually "introverted feelers" in the strict sense of the term, a more reputable familiarity about the type is formed first-handedly.
All you're doing here is clustering people in your own mind. It's circular, and it's a thing that we all do.

.. which is perfectly acceptable, but presenting those clusters into the external world and creating a universal theory surrounding them would be a hard sell.

In your case you may type ENxJ in basic MBTI, but when we think in cognitive functions you would by no reason be one of those types if you think you are both. ENTJs know they're thinkers and ENFJs know they're feelers. You seem to be most comfortable with intuition. If you think you are then it really is that practical, and there's no better reason you would question it. But in the chance of not relating to any of them, by recommendation, I would continue to familiarize myself with the terms more and get a feel for your primary mode of thought.
Thanks for the advice, but this isn't going to lead anywhere. You can assume that I know the material enough.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Socionics goes into subtypes in a way that I find to be accurate. You can read the descriptions at Wikisocion.

Please remember that conversion between MBTI and Socionics is NOT "if you're an introvert switch the J and P."

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
how do they infuriate you? i see ENTPs usually getting along well with ExFJs

Sometimes they piss me off with the way that they say that, "this is the way you should act, and this is the way you should not act" thing. I hate it when they try to control me with their Fe.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are 24 INTP Subtypes: http://www.personalitynation.com/intp/1767-24-types-intp.html

Source: The 24 types of INTP
Author: stuck
Note: Apparently, this thread was made as a joke so don't take it too seriously- still, it is rather interesting and amusing though! :p

As we know, the label of INTP is far too broad. I have decided to break it down by a second system, where the letters are sorted by strength. Taking myself, for example, I have the most N, followed by P, I and T. I would be an NIPT.

Take this test to get the weighting

IE: Joe has 76% I, 50% N, 65% T and 78% P. Joe would be a "PITN"

The meaning of the system is that having stronger mixtures of things will have different consequences than having weak mixtures. An INTP with a strong IT will be different than one with an ambivalent IT. The system can be broken up in different ways, so I'll just dive into the subtypes.

P-type

"The improviser"

PNTI-"the qc"
This type uses a wild intellectual instinct to perfect systems, whether they were the originator or not. The weak TI creates ambivalence towards identity and logic.

PNIT-"the context jumper"
The other PN, tends towards comparing seemingly incompatible systems. They thrive on ideas like quines and seemingly inappropriate metaphors.

PINT-"the secret prostitute"
The first of our identity-strong subtypes, they court several identities at once without thought of global inconsistency.

PITN-"the reed in the wind"
Skilled in the evasive arts, these are one of the physical subtypes. Their sense of physical evasion echoes in the chameleon nature of their soul.

PTNI-"the cold shower"
With the inherent paradox of being a T-strong perciever, this type excels in using parsimony to reduce systems to a simplest metaphor. This activity can be sobering.

PTIN-"the collector"
The second in the physical/material subtype, the PTIN collects ideas into a centerless framework.

N-type

"The speculator"

NPIT-"the niche maker"
This type tends to create systems starting from a specific example, creating the framework to fit the criteria of the intuition-object. They want to find a place for everything, and a frame big enough for everyone.

NPTI-"the mediator"
With a kind, agreeable nature, this subtype wants to classify and sort much like the NPIT, but tries to do this from within whichever system is dominant.

NIPT-"the virus"
This identity subtype tries to infect others with a prevailing thought in order to create self-replicating satelites. The best memes are created by the NIPT.

NITP-"the loyalist"
The first of our value-heavy subtypes, the NITP creates an identity through adherence to usually one thought-style or system-style (which may evolve slowly over the years), finding the similarity of all things within this frame.

NTIP-"the armchair general"
One of two pure rationals-this type likes to win. It will usually win long before playing the game, having created and perfected the gaming system.

NTPI-"the arcologist"
The second of the pure rationals, the NTPI tends towards creating utopian architectures. It does this out of a strong intuition of global truth.

I-type

"The solipsists"

INTP-"the unabomber"
With the strong sense of values and identity, this type leads to a greater truth by quiet example.

INPT-"bodhidharma"
This type, the second of the hermit-like INs, seeks obliteration of the personality through calm meditation.

IPNT-"the deadhead"
These types tend to be long-simmering hippies, who are secretly yearning for a simpler existence, usually involving nature or anachronism.

IPTN-"the stoner"

Stoned or not, this type uses themselves as the basic element in their fantasy world. Consequently, they tend to make very self-indulgent frameworks to inhabit.

ITNP-"slow burn"
These annihilate their personalities with their razor brains, and can get into J/P spirals that can lead to madness and suicide.

ITPN-"the cutter"
This type has all the identity strife of the ITNP, but tends to externalize it as physical activity of some kind. The two ITs tend to be the most objective of all the subtypes, because they are constantly forced to face their faults.

T-type

"The editor"

TNIP-"the global paradox"
This is the first of the two flipped rationals. From a long tradition of having their N destroy the workings of their T, the TNIP has found a way to boil anything down to a single metaphorical paradox.

TNPI-"the saboteur"
The other of the flipped rationals, the TNPI has found a favored heuristic with which to destroy any system. This type prefers to destroy in service of a stronger whole, which it ironically knows will never be perfect or complete.

TIPN-"the ourobouros"
This artistic subtype is always destroying itself, finding an identity in the process of constant self-creation. This is the mellower version of the ITs.

TINP-"the silver bullet"
This subtype is always searching for the achilles' heel of a system, with the goal of being recognized as the person who brought it down.

TPIN-"the stress test"
This type is the pure analyst who succeeds in dispassionately running simulations in their mind. These are the best visualizers out of all the 384 subtypes.

TPNI-"the actuary"
This type is the most ambivalent of identity as well as the most logical of the subtypes. The pure debater.

There are also 5 other INTP subtypes: http://homepage.mac.com/bahlberg/iblog/B1386252977/C715152919/E467503953/index.html

The five INTP subtypes

By iganokami,
It has come to my attention and that of my esteemed colleagues that there are various subtypes of the MBTI INTP type. Following is a breakdown:

1) Liberal Loser:
This INTP subtype tends to let an overwhelming sense of social injustice often due to their inability to control their immature feelings cloud their logic. Too much weed, or not enough, smoked at the peace rallies they attend with their overwhelmingly illogical SP soul mates typically add to the feelings of social injustice. They tend to rationalize everything around them in black and whites and gross generalities, by spouting off cliches and urban myths as fact. They are the classic pseudo intellectual, who look for social injustices in the way that INTPs are generally thought to look for facts, and are always ready to spout off why something is bad or wrong based upon one of their illogical findings, which they consider "conventional wisdom" or "common sense". Unfortunately, as an INTP, they don't actually do anything about it, just complain about it on groups such as the INTPopen.

2) Golden Boy (or girl):
This INTP subtype is as rare to see as a baby pigeon, as they tend to be physics professors, philosophy professors, professional programmers for prestigious universities or international companies, or as government analysts for the CIA and NSA. They are rarely seen, but when they are, it is typically due to personal issues that they need to whine about on internet lists, such as "my wife is a crazy bitch" or "I have no friends, I want someone to love me". They tend to be blind to the plight of their lesser INTP brethren because they have been given a golden spoon, accelerated classes in grade school, honors classes in high school, and full scholarships to MIT and Princeton. They tend to be very strange, as they are successful enough to not know or care how to bathe or take care of themselves, and tend to dress very poorly, and are incapable of brushing their hair. They tend to marry the first woman who lays them in their late 20's or early 30's, but eventually end up with their wives cheating on them with their more "normal" colleagues in the Business Administration department, but never tend to notice anyway, because they are too busy and engrossed in their esoteric work for any human activities.

3) Classic Nerds:
Similar to golden boys without the golden spoons, they tend to be intelligent, yet utterly incapable of holding a jargon free conversation. Most normal humans are incapable of communication with them outside of topics such as Star Trek, role-playing games, or the latest Matrix movie. To most, they appear asexual (and tend to BE asexual). They tend to get low level programming jobs, teach computer science at the local community college, or unemployed creating annoying email viruses while living in their parent's basement in a rat-hole filled with moldy pizza and empty potato chip bags. If they find a woman at all, it tends to be in their late 20's to mid 30's, when they realize that the odd human mating rituals involve things such as bathing and clean laundry, however, fortunately, they tend to attract others of the same subtype for mating – greasy overweight slobs, or Auschwitz- skinny freaks with coke bottle glasses, and can easily be spotted together with dyed black hair, wearing matching "Card Captor Sakura" t-shirts while browsing the latest additions to the anime section at blockbuster, while talking about their latest goth festival or roll playing gathering.

4) Religious Fanatic:
This type has given internal logic up for the external imposition of logic. This is usually due to severe bullying and ridicule as a child, which causes this INTP to be crushed to an empty shell – the perfect vessel for religion. These INTPs have no need for mere objective logic; they become masters of their religion, able to counter any argument logically within the confines of said religion. They accept the tenets and scriptures on "faith", and then feed it into their pool of logic. This type of INTP is incapable of losing an argument as they can creatively invent new logic off of old ideas. If their religion tells them the sun is a big chocolate square, they WILL FIND A WAY to deflect any argument that points out that the sun, in fact, is not a big chocolate square at all. The easiest way to end a debate with this type is "you are right" (due to the fact that they are incapable of being wrong, as that would require more pages of the dead sea scrolls which have yet to turn up).

5) Cynical Realist:
This type of INTP has seen the world, and realized that they want no part of it, except where they can get knowledge, experience, and entertainment from it. They see life for what it is, a big cosmic joke, and often wonder if they should laugh or cry, but otherwise just say the hell with it, and go get laid. They tend to be sarcastic and funny, are world travelers, and can blend in to any environment, and they tend to get laid a lot. They also tend to be fairly well educated, yet stuck in worthless and meaningless jobs, both because the people around them are idiots and because they don't have the mindless compulsion to kiss ass to move up in life. They are the street philosopher, the beat poet, the writers, and fountains of knowledge and wisdom. They tend to play multiple instruments, and just generally look cool and sexy. Their experience is as wide as their knowledge is deep, and tend to be very observant, and get laid a whole lot. They shower regularly, dress well yet comfortably, tend to be sexy in a low key sort of way, and tend to score easily with members of the opposite sex. Although their living quarters tend to appear disorganized, it is an organized disorganization, arranged in such a way as to be easy to get from the bed to the door, and back without interruption. This subtype also tends to like to party, likes to go out for drinks, can get along with pretty much anyone, and tends to get laid more than any other subtype of INTP.