User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 22

  1. #1

    Default Mourning & Personality Type: how different types go trough it.

    any input or experience?
    functions and their impact on this?

  2. #2
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,123

    Default

    are you still creating threads trying to tie everything to the MBTI and never actually participating by explaining who you are and WHY you keep asking these questions?

    if so, welcome, if not, what is your motivation behind all of this?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    are you still creating threads trying to tie everything to the MBTI and never actually participating by explaining who you are and WHY you keep asking these questions?

    if so, welcome, if not, what is your motivation behind all of this?
    ??? is just a question. Motivation for this question is self-explanatory. If you do not want to share your opinion on this, there are other topics that you might like, I guess.

  4. #4
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    ??? is just a question. Motivation for this question is self-explanatory. If you do not want to share your opinion on this, there are other topics that you might like, I guess.
    the point is that you have 169 posts and 121 threads on this forum... almost all of your posts are OPs to threads... what is your motivation for trying to type everyone and trying to correspond everything to MBTI type? a 1.31 post to thread ratio puts you at the highest number of threads started to posts made ratio on the forum... and if you weren't aware, posting to thread starting is kind of like conversation, and the numbers indicate that you really don't care to participate in the conversation, only to mine data for SOME purpose from this site

    you've had thread after thread moved to the graveyard for this and you still haven't explained to us why you keep asking these questions but don't really participate... we've had something like this happen before with someone starting thread after thread to get answers for yahoo answers a few years ago and NOBODY was happy with being used, and that's kind of what it looks like with your continual thread starting, so could you answer why you keep asking these questions, or shall I assume that you're using this site?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    only to mine data for SOME purpose from this site

    you've had thread after thread moved to the graveyard for this and you still haven't explained to us why you keep asking these questions but don't really participate... we've had something like this happen before with someone starting thread after thread to get answers for yahoo answers a few years ago and NOBODY was happy with being used, and that's kind of what it looks like with your continual thread starting, so could you answer why you keep asking these questions, or shall I assume that you're using this site?
    I have no idea what you are talking about. All this is in your imagination, I do not even have a yahoo account. By the way, the criteria for locking threads is nuts. I just saw one of my many legit posts, this one about Diane Arbus, locked and moved to the graveyard for no reason. All this censorship and intolerance makes me wonder if I should contribute again in this site that sometimes seems to lack any logical criteria or set of rules.

  6. #6
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. All this is in your imagination, I do not even have a yahoo account. By the way, the criteria for locking threads is nuts. I just saw one of my many legit posts, this one about Diane Arbus, locked and moved to the graveyard for no reason. All this censorship and intolerance makes me wonder if I should contribute again in this site that sometimes seems to lack any logical criteria or set of rules.
    I didn't say that you are Adam007, I was merely drawing a comparison, because your only interest in this site appears to be gathering information from it's members, which is similar to before... I'm not imagining anything, you're simply not reading carefully

    criteria is not nuts, starting threads but not participating in other people's threads really isn't contributing anything to the forum... it's rather egotistical to think of oneself as a contributor if all that's done is to post in one's own threads after all your threads seem to be locked because you have not once explained why you only post in your own threads, you mostly just post OPs and you have some odd compulsion to tie EVERYTHING to the MBTI... the madmins are being sensible around here if you look at the site as a whole as opposed to being an entity to serve your own questioning
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I didn't say that you are Adam007, I was merely drawing a comparison, because your only interest in this site appears to be gathering information from it's members, which is similar to before... I'm not imagining anything, you're simply not reading carefully

    criteria is not nuts, starting threads but not participating in other people's threads really isn't contributing anything to the forum... it's rather egotistical to think of oneself as a contributor if all that's done is to post in one's own threads after all your threads seem to be locked because you have not once explained why you only post in your own threads, you mostly just post OPs and you have some odd compulsion to tie EVERYTHING to the MBTI... the madmins are being sensible around here if you look at the site as a whole as opposed to being an entity to serve your own questioning
    I contribute new people threads that are quite original, as well new worthy topics to discuss. I really do not see the need to explain, I have more questions than answers, that is all -and common among smart people.
    It is a shame that many of my threads have been locked, some are really fresh.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    If you want to start a proper conversation on this topic, I think you need to give a bit more to go on than "Any thoughts?". Explain where you're coming from, and what kind of answers you're looking for from members. Start with a personal anecdote maybe.

    What facet of mourning are you interested in? Do you want to know how people react to the death of family or friends? Colleagues or acquaintances? Do you want to know how they deal with sudden death as opposed to an extended illness? The death of a young person versus an old person?

    Thread needs more direction.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  9. #9
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    I contribute new people threads that are quite original, as well new worthy topics to discuss. I really do not see the need to explain, I have more questions than answers, that is all -and common among smart people.
    It is a shame that many of my threads have been locked, some are really fresh.
    a smart person would know that to ask such questions is pointless, as there is no actual definite way to even prove MBTI type, and even if there is correlation does not imply causation

    so it's ok for you to ask questions but not ok for me to do so? why don't you start a blog in which you can ask all of the "does this correlate to the MBTI?" and "what is this celebrity's type?" questions that you want and nobody can move them to the graveyard and lock them? has it occurred to you that if you want to take in a thread (get other's opinions) that you have to give a little in the OP as well? or at least run it through spellcheck?

    I'd suggest a good read in survey research and statistical analysis before asking more of these correlative questions... you might learn something, o curious one
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Thread needs more direction.
    I would rather keep it open so anyone can answer whatever...

Similar Threads

  1. On art appreciation: How different personality types behave and interact with art?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 05:30 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Different home/work personality types?
    By Lambchop in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
  3. How rich is our conception of personality typing?
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 06:20 PM
  4. How has learning about personality type affected you?
    By ring the bell in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 08:33 AM
  5. [NT] How rare are NT girls? Does society comdemn this personality type in females?
    By ajblaise in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 02:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO