User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Thread needs more direction.
    I would rather keep it open so anyone can answer whatever...

  2. #12
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Look, the thing is you're asking people to reveal a very personal, private part of themselves. Mourning is one of the darkest things most people experience. You can't just expect people to give you their story if you're not willing to give a little of yourself first.

    This is not adequate:
    any input or experience?
    functions and their impact on this?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Look, the thing is you're asking people to reveal a very personal, private part of themselves. Mourning is one of the darkest things most people experience. You can't just expect people to give you their story if you're not willing to give a little of yourself first.

    This is not adequate:
    it can be someone else experience, not yours, if you are ashamed about it. I do not think it is a big deal, but whatever.

  4. #14
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I agree with the sentiments in this thread.

    I could shaRe many experiences but I don't see the point.

    Many threads can start off with a "here is my story" and then the thread will naturally graduate to other people's stories if that is applicable and people with to share.

    You're like the person who always asks for cookies but never makes any yourself.

    GIVE US OREEOS!!!!!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!1

  5. #15
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by curiousel View Post
    it can be someone else experience, not yours, if you are ashamed about it. I do not think it is a big deal, but whatever.
    It's hardly shame, it's intimate. It's a very personal thing. If you want to hear other's thoughts about MBTI and grief, you must start by giving some of your own thoughts and opinions in addition to your own experience and how it relates to your type.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  6. #16
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I agree with the sentiments in this thread.

    I could shaRe many experiences but I don't see the point.

    Many threads can start off with a "here is my story" and then the thread will naturally graduate to other people's stories if that is applicable and people with to share.

    You're like the person who always asks for cookies but never makes any yourself.

    GIVE US OREEOS!!!!!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!1
    dammit... now I want cookies

    but very true... you've got to give some to get some... nobody likes the kid who always says "gimme, gimme, gimme" but won't share
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #17
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    I act emotionless and don't really react. I am ENFJ.

  8. #18
    Member Frostshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IXXX
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    criteria is not nuts, starting threads but not participating in other people's threads really isn't contributing anything to the forum... it's rather egotistical to think of oneself as a contributor if all that's done is to post in one's own threads after all
    *winces* I feel guilty now. I usually post threads to further my own understanding. Generally don't like socializing on forums, but people here seem to have a better understanding than me, and can explain the psychology of personality with greater flexibility than a wall of text on some site. I'll try to be more social from now on. But only in the superficial-talking-on-the-internet type of social.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I act emotionless and don't really react. I am ENFJ.
    I share your sentiment, I was wondering if i am the only one here.

  10. #20
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    People grieve in different ways. I think unless one is emotionally disturbed, the lack of reaction means that the person is internally processing it.

Similar Threads

  1. On art appreciation: How different personality types behave and interact with art?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 05:30 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Different home/work personality types?
    By Lambchop in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
  3. How rich is our conception of personality typing?
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 06:20 PM
  4. How has learning about personality type affected you?
    By ring the bell in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 08:33 AM
  5. [NT] How rare are NT girls? Does society comdemn this personality type in females?
    By ajblaise in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 02:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO