User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Fi vs Fe Explained!

This is a video I did comparing and contrasting Fi and Fe.

Let me know if you think this video is accurate! Do you use Fi or Fe? What are some characteristics of it? What are some characteristics that you've noticed of other people who use Fi and Fe?

Feedback and critique are welcome!

Other videos:

Ti vs Te Explained:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRtX65Cnc9w

Introverted vs Extraverts: Explained:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXBFnqu8VxE
    Last edited by Doctorjuice; 05-09-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Glycerine

I like it. It doesn't seem overly stereotypical. It flushed out the differences quite well.

Hate

Allow me to direct you to the name change thread, Doctor.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=33625

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Allow me to direct you to the name change thread, Doctor.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=33625
    ...We meet again Juice.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Fe is way better than Fi.

Just sayin'.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I like it. It doesn't seem overly stereotypical. It flushed out the differences quite well.
    I agree.

As someone with Fe inferior who often scores high on Fi on function tests, I'm often confused about which one fits better. According to function theory and if I'm correctly typed as INTP, I should be an Fe "user" yet I don't fit with everything under Fe.

I'm not as open about showing emotions and usually I'm not comfortable showing much emotion unless its with close family members or friends or if I'm under alot of stress, where the Fe inferior takes over. Like the Fi users, I try to only show the emotions I want to show to others.

Like the Fe types, other peoples' emotions can definitely affect how I feel. If you act grumpy around me, it will put me in a bad mood. I tend to be sympathetic of other peoples' hard luck stories. I try to do the socially acceptable thing when someone is under distress yet sometimes I feel awkward doing so. For example if someone tells me a loved one dies, I will do the standard "I'm sorry about your loss and try to sound all sad but there's always this anxiety that people will be able to see right through me and that I'm not being sincere.

Regarding facial expressions, I'm somewhat of a mixed bag. I've been told that I tend to come across as rather 'flat' to others. Yet I've also been told that I have a nice warm smile and sparkling eyes- which I think might be more Fe. I'm also affected by others' enthusiasm. When others around me are enthusiastic and the interest is mutual, I will show more of that in my face I think.

So is what I've said typical of INTP?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Fe is way better than Fi.

Just sayin'.
    You do realize ESFPs use Fi, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I agree.

As someone with Fe inferior who often scores high on Fi on function tests, I'm often confused about which one fits better. According to function theory and if I'm correctly typed as INTP, I should be an Fe "user" yet I don't fit with everything under Fe.

I'm not as open about showing emotions and usually I'm not comfortable showing much emotion unless its with close family members or friends or if I'm under alot of stress, where the Fe inferior takes over. Like the Fi users, I try to only show the emotions I want to show to others.

Like the Fe types, other peoples' emotions can definitely affect how I feel. If you act grumpy around me, it will put me in a bad mood. I tend to be sympathetic of other peoples' hard luck stories. I try to do the socially acceptable thing when someone is under distress yet sometimes I feel awkward doing so. For example if someone tells me a loved one dies, I will do the standard "I'm sorry about your loss and try to sound all sad but there's always this anxiety that people will be able to see right through me and that I'm not being sincere.

Regarding facial expressions, I'm somewhat of a mixed bag. I've been told that I tend to come across as rather 'flat' to others. Yet I've also been told that I have a nice warm smile and sparkling eyes- which I think might be more Fe. I'm also affected by others' enthusiasm. When others around me are enthusiastic and the interest is mutual, I will show more of that in my face I think.

So is what I've said typical of INTP?
    Yes it sounds very typical of INTP. INTPs have Fe as their last function so Fe is going to be not nearly as easily noticed as ExFJ types. It's obvious you care a good deal about what other people think.

Compare yourself to an INTJ. INTJs could care less about a lot of the things you mentioned. This is because they use Fi. How they come across to people, whether the other person feels comfortable...INTJs don't naturally care about these things. INTPs do.

As you develop your Fe you'll start to be able to express emotions more naturally. Notice how your Fe flares out when you're around people you know well and are very comfortable around.

Hope that helped! (For instance, this last sentence you'd unlikely find an INTJ using. No offense to any INTJs.)

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    Yes. It's sort of an inside joke to the forum.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    Pshhh....she's an ISFJ.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Pshhh....she's an ISFJ.
    ISFJ with some ESFP-ish qualities.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think