First 45678 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Hmm....I've never really known any ixfps that didn't make serious eye contact. I guess you are one exceptional lady.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm ISFJ and I just asked my friend if she thinks I'm hard to read and she said "No, not at all. You don't play games. When you go for it, you go for it".

I asked her if she considers me expressive and she said yes.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Fe is way better than Fi.

Just sayin'.
    because of the predictability?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    because of the predictability?
    You just spooked the piss out of me.
    I was just thinking about you and OneWithSoul, then your name popped up on iSpy.

Hope all is well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Some INFJs themselves have said they can come across as cold and distant. A description I've heard about them is "cold on the outside; fluffy on the inside". They definitely aren't described often as open books and tend to be hard to get to know well. (I haven't found the ISFJs I know to be that hard to read and they do come across as quite warm, although they are pretty quiet and reserved).
    That's the Interaction Style (Chart the Course) that shapes that tendency. (ISFJ is "Behind the Scenes", which is more "responsive").
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    That's the Interaction Style (Chart the Course) that shapes that tendency. (ISFJ is "Behind the Scenes", which is more "responsive").
    Except that IxFPs are also "Behind the Scenes" and people are always going on about cold Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    I've been told I'm cool at first, then once I'm comfortable, very animated.
    Absolutely. It takes quite a while for me to get to that stage and it takes the right person, but when I do people have said it’s like a 180.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    Fi users control their facial expressions and don't show you emotions they don't want you to see, also they don't show their emotions as naturally as Fe users. Fe users show their emotions almost immediately and are a bit more open book. If they don't want to show you their emotions they're going to have a tougher time doing so.
    Yep. I grew up as the only Fi user in an all Fe household (INFJ, ISTP, ISFJ). I was definitely the odd one out in this respect. They always complained about my “poker face.” They definitely didn’t appreciate my Te use, either.

I agree that ExFPs show more emotion than IxFPs. IxFPs' Fi is stronger and more pronounced than ExFPs' Fi. Their inner-world of emotions is very deep and complex. Because of this, IxFPs' might not even be capable of fully expressing their deep, complex inner emotions externally, whereas the ExFPs find it easier expressing their inner emotions just because their inner emotions aren't as deep. IxFPs are more selective about the emotions they share because they have "more" emotions to choose from, so to speak.
    It’s also a matter of 1.) my deepest feelings are connected to much wider existential principles, so it’s not just a matter of talking about my feelings, because my feelings are in the context of this wide, complex framework, which would take too long to convey (and I refuse to convey the feelings without their context.) And 2.) I won’t show the framework unless I trust someone deeply because it is extremely important to me and I won’t subject it to ridicule or misunderstanding. Probably similarly to Ni users and their visions/premonitions.

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Just occurred to me. I have notice my Fi dom friends do this really searching eye contact--are really intense with their eyes when looking at you, like as a major tool to understand something I am saying, or me.

I wonder if it's because Ne/Se is their aux function? Like moreso than an Se/Ne dom because their aux Fi wouldn't drive them so much to need to see deeply into another's eyes.

In contrast, I won't use eye contact much at all to understand someone, I don't find it helpful.
    This is hilarious. I have a friend who used to call me Dr. Lightman (from the show “Lie to Me”). Of course I consider that a gross exaggeration. But it is true that I consider eyes the windows of the soul, and I tend to deeply regard someone when I am listening to them (I take in more than just the eyes, though… my periphery is concerned with all body language and voice intonation and flow of conversation… taking in everything and forming a composite). I think with me it is very much Ne, in the service of Fi. I had an INTJ friend who prided himself on his smoothness and stealth who once told me that I was the only person who could ever consistently tell he was lying/bending the truth/omitting something.

I expend a lot of energy and focus reading people for two reasons 1.) I genuinely want to know them and understand them as individuals so I can appreciate them and be of the most effective help to them, (Fi and sx stacking) and 2.) it’s of paramount importance to me to understand others’ intentions and motivations in order to deflect and neutralize insincere or self-serving behavior and protect myself (also Fi and the sp part of my stacking). I’ve studied PUA extensively for the same reasons, probably more in depth than most PUAs have.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The two IxFPs that I've known very well communicate through their eyes more/better than they do verbally. Maybe that's why they look at others eyes.
    This is interesting. I’ve given less thought to that aspect. I’d be interested in any fleshing out of this idea you’d be willing to provide.

I was getting a manicure the other day and was asking the little asian lady who was doing it questions about herself during the process. She seemed very unaccustomed to having anyone ask her about herself, and was giving short, quick answers while looking down. I noticed after she looked up at me and we made eye contact her demeanor changed and she looked back down and started to talk more and ended up telling me quite a bit about herself and some hard times she had had. Maybe something about my eyes conveyed something? Dunno…

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Maybe, maybe not. It would be very cool if I could solely through facial expressions. At the very least, the facial expressions would provide clues. But also, you have your type listed so I know that you're an Fi user anyway
    You don't know that at all. It's between ENFP and ENTP, but I will go make a video now.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    You don't know that at all. It's between ENFP and ENTP, but I will go make a video now.
    Okay, but I request that you talk a little bit about your interests, something you're passionate about and something that really makes you angry or grinds your gears. Also, try not to make it too formal and be relaxed

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Okay, but I request that you talk a little bit about your interests, something you're passionate about and something that really makes you angry or grinds your gears. Also, try not to make it too formal and be relaxed
    Ok here is the video:

http://youtu.be/vGtpBNufH5U