User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your alignment?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lawful Good

4 5.26%
  • Neutral Good

29 38.16%
  • Chaotic Good

9 11.84%
  • Lawful Neutral

4 5.26%
  • True Neutral

12 15.79%
  • Chaotic Neutral

12 15.79%
  • Lawful Evil

4 5.26%
  • Neutral Evil

1 1.32%
  • Chaotic Evil

1 1.32%
12311 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Default What's Your Alignment?

I think there's actually a lot of value to this system.

I know a thread like this has been made before, but there was no poll.
    Also, if you don't mind, share why you think have the alignment you do, and how accurate of a descriptor you think it is.

Do you think it is more, less, or equally as relevant as the MBTI/Jungian typology or the Enneagram?

Would someone's alignment affect whether or not you see them as a viable partner?
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 05-12-2012 at 12:34 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i got true neutral, but i've gotten lots of different results before. never evil or lawful though.

Neutral good. I usually get neutral good on these tests, occasionally chaotic good when I'm in a "Stick it to the Man!!!" mood but it's not as accurate a description as neutral good is. I'm not a terrible person, I feel bad about hurting others and I'd rather do more good than harm. And I have no beef with the law unless it sucks.

Fun fact: Quiz Farm quiz had Neutral Evil ranked as my second most likely alignment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I got chaotic neutral this time.
    A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.
    I almost always score either this or chaotic evil.

I think I may have gotten true neutral and neutral evil before, but I rarely, if ever, score a result on the lawful or good axises.

Edit:

Also, if you don't mind, share why you think have the alignment that you do, and how relevant of a descriptor you think it is.
    Hmmm, laws tend to irritate me, I think that there are far too many of them and that many of them are stupid, which pushes me towards chaotic. And I tend to do whatever I feel like only considering what I think about my actions, descriptors such as good and evil are stupid in my opinion, especially considering how subjective they are most of the time, which pushes me towards neutral. I don't really know... I tend to score chaotic evil when I'm in a worse mood, since when my mood takes a turn for the worse I tend to become a bit of a sadist for whatever reason. And yeah, I really do think that this can be a pretty relevant descriptor of me.

Do you think it is more, less, or equally as relevant as the MBTI/Jungian typology or the Enneagram?
    I don't think there is really a way to directly compare them, they both seek to describe behavior, but in different ways. Uhh, I don't really think any one excels compared to the others, MBTI, enneagram, and alignment all have gaps in what they can describe. Best just to use them all in conjunction!

Would you take this system into consideration when it comes to who you date?
    In most situations, I doubt it. Unless for some reason I knew that they were lawful good, I just can't stand people of that alignment, they're boring, in my opinion of course.

@Zarathustra There you go.

My results from a different, more detailed test.
    Last edited by Tyrinth; 05-04-2012 at 11:35 AM.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Chaotic Good
    I'm pretty consistent. I'm not one for rules and regulations, but I have a conscience.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

You are 25% Good. You are 15.4% Chaotic. Alignment: True Neutral You do whatever seems like a good idea at the time. You don't feel any strong inclination towards good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Some may say that you lack conviction, while others might admire you for your capability of remaining unbiased. You likely prefer good versus evil in society, since good people tend to make better neighbors and rulers, but you are not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. You are the stereotypical “Balancer.” You act in a way that is natural to you without prejudice or compulsion. Examples of charactersand people who fit into the same alignment as you include Linus Torvalds, Dr. Strangelove, Sco

That test was weird. Seriously, helping an earthworm!?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

That was pretty good idea, Zara.
    Mine is Chaotic Neutral. I guess I value flexibility and freedom more than a moral code that is ultimately a historical / sociological construction. Plus, being good or evil is too much work.

Probably not as relevant because, to a great extent, it measures how people see themselves, and not how they really are. I mean, I think Hitler could have been a Lawful Good. Just not the kind of ''good'' we would expect, uh?
    But I find it very intriguing.

Would you take this system into consideration when it comes to whom you date?
    Hmm, I probably wouldn't want to date a lawful good or evil anything. I hope this doesn't not contradict the previous answer too much.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

@mia_infp
    @JocktheMotie
    @Rasofy
    @chana
    @senza_tema
    @Tyrinth
    @CrystalViolet
    @UniqueMixture

added some questions to the bottom of the op that i'd be interested to see your answers to...

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Also, if you don't mind, share why you think have the alignment that you do, and how relevant of a descriptor you think it is.

I dunno, I think this test is not going to be taken as seriously and will be more impacted by mood than mbti (if the person themself elects to take the test). I've scored all the chaotics at some point (usually good). This is my first time getting true neutral.

Probably less because I think most people will see D&D and not take it seriously.

I think that'd be going a little too far to me. I try NOT to take mbti/enneagram into consideration when dating. To me, it leads to not paying attention to the person in front of you and discovering who they are. Probably would avoid a evil or strong lawful though.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Damn, homie, you need to learn to quote.

I see why you always get chaotic. :P

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra
    I dunno, I think this test is not going to be taken as seriously and will be more impacted by mood than mbti (if the person themself elects to take the test).
    You don't think someone has a "true type" for this?

I don't really care what someone scores on any test; I care about what they actually are.

I've scored all the chaotics at some point (usually good). This is my first time getting true neutral.
    Aww, that answers the other question I had for you.

Probably less because I think most people will see D&D and not take it seriously.
    Other peoples' opinions matter?

Especially when they have that as their rationale?

When I first discovered this system, I had no idea it had anything to do with D&D.

Tbh, I've known about it for a long time, and until today, had no idea it originated from D&D.

I think that'd be going a little too far to me. I try NOT to take mbti/enneagram into consideration when dating. To me, it leads to not paying attention to the person in front of you and discovering who they are.
    I can understand that.

My position is to try to understand the person, with MBTI, enneagram, and any other system providing insights into who they might be.

Probably would avoid a evil or strong lawful though.

So you wouldn't but you would?