• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Alignment?

What's your alignment?

• Total voters

Nicodemus

Well, I can tell you that, while it does feel good to be good, that's certainly not my motivation. I like helping others for the sake of helping others, because I genuinely care about other people.
Does it make you happy to make others happy?

Nicodemus

Yeah, why not?
Do you seriously think that this plays no role in your desire to make others happy? It's like saying that you like sex but you only sleep with women because women should, ethically speaking, be fucked.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you seriously think that this plays no role in your desire to make others happy?

I should have specified that helping someone doesn't make put me in a happy mood, per se, but it feels good on the inside, if that makes sense.

And no, that feeling does not play a role in WHY I help others. I do it for the end result, even if there isn't a feeling that follows. During times when I have been depressed, I still helped people even though it didn't make me feel any better.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you seriously think that this plays no role in your desire to make others happy? It's like saying that you like sex but you only sleep with women because women should, ethically speaking, be fucked.

If I felt that, ethically speaking, women should be fucked, then I would do it moreso for that purpose than for my own pleasure, because that's more important. My pleasure is just a bonus.

Nicodemus

If I felt that, ethically speaking, women should be fucked, then I would do it moreso for that purpose than for my own pleasure, because that's more important. My pleasure is just a bonus.
So instead of a desire to do good, you have an urge (perhaps of an intellectual sort) to do good. Why do you listen to it?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So instead of a desire to do good, you have an urge (perhaps of an intellectual sort) to do good. Why do you listen to it?

Because I feel it is beneficial for humanity.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
90_29369f_1482915.jpg

ac-tv.jpg

batman-alignment.jpg

TheDudeAbides.jpg

tumblr_lkxycm1cWG1qa4quyo1_500.jpg

lotr_alignment_chart_by_aleatorymadness-d37wxzx.jpg

Downton-Abbey-Alignment-Chart.png

Romeo_and_Juliet_Alignments_by_JTS0.jpg

PandF_character_alignment_by_Brokenshell44.jpg

tumblr_ksldaxdDvR1qz5njko1_500.jpg

alignment_chart_by_4thehorde-d37w8l2.jpg

ytp_character_alignment_2_by_facepalmpunch-d34a5da.jpg

Disney_Character_Alignments_by_Danzie182.jpg

community-alignment-chart.jpg

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What would happen to you if you would not do what you think is good, but instead do nothing or something contrary?

Nothing would happen to me personally, but I would be affecting humanity even to the tiniest degree because there will be a few less people that were not helped at the times I could have helped them.

Nicodemus

Nothing would happen to me personally, but I would be affecting humanity even to the tiniest degree because there will be a few less people that were not helped at the times I could have helped them.
Of course something would happen to you personally: you would feel bad for not doing what you feel you should do. Are you sure you prefer Fi over Fe?

This concludes our failed lesson in maieutics. Thank you all for trying your best.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You are such a slave of the do-gooder's zeal. Too bad for you.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Share why you think have the alignment that you do, and how relevant of a descriptor you think it is.

I generally test Lawful Good. I have a definite internal code that I live by, and am somewhat old fashioned about my notions of honor. I believe that we have a responsibility to go beyond not doing harm, to actively doing good, even when it's not the easy or convenient thing.

Admittedly, my commitment to my personal code exceeds any interest I have in rules or authority figures. I'm usually oblivious to those, and occasionally disregard the ones I feel are stupid. I don't usually actively challenge the rules, but would rather just bend the system if I feel I'm being prevented from doing something that really ought to be done. Generally speaking, I recognize the necessity for rules without swallowing the kool-aid that all what's lawful is good.

I suppose the downside of Lawful Goodness is a certain narrow-mindedness. I'm admittedly not terribly sophisticated when it comes to moral questions--my thinking tending towards the monochromatic--and am somewhat resistant to excessive philosophizing or thought-exercises. Relying on my code and my intuition is what feels the most natural to me, so it's what I go with.

Do you think it is more, less, or equally as relevant as the MBTI/Jungian typology or the Enneagram?

I think it provides a macro-perspective that the other two systems do not, giving a sense of how the individual functions in society. I guess MBTI kind of gets at that as well, but the picture it presents at that level is still of a collection of individuals with a relatively lesser sense of how they all relate to each other.

Would you take this system into consideration when it comes to whom you date?

Not explicitly. Having said that, I think that as someone who is Lawful Good I recognize I can be intolerant of someone whose shit is lacking in the values department. I couldn't be serious about someone who wasn't "Good" simply because I wouldn't be able to respect them. There are certain things you simply can't compromise on.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually get neutral good or true neutral. I voted neutral good in the poll because it sounds better. :smile: