User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your alignment?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lawful Good

4 5.26%
  • Neutral Good

29 38.16%
  • Chaotic Good

9 11.84%
  • Lawful Neutral

4 5.26%
  • True Neutral

12 15.79%
  • Chaotic Neutral

12 15.79%
  • Lawful Evil

4 5.26%
  • Neutral Evil

1 1.32%
  • Chaotic Evil

1 1.32%
First 789101119 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Well, in reading all of the short descriptions, the top 3 I got in the test are probably in the end my top 3. I highly doubt though that Lawful Evil is my top/type. However, of the evils, it would definitely be my 'evil'/ alter-ego, and I imagine I have elements of it.

It's probably a tossup though on whether True Neutral or Neutral Good would be my dominant one.
    It makes sense to me that you might feel between True Neutral and Neutral Good, but I do think you lean Neutral Good.

I'm curious about this Lawful Evil alter-ego, though; would you mind expanding on how this is the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't think I understand why Marm came up as Chaotic Neutral, though. Out of anyone on this site, she seems to constantly be defending the downtrodden and sticking up for the rights of others, passionately, more than I know I verbalize... yet I have no doubts that I'm "Good" in terms of what I value. That doesn't sound very neutral to me.

EDIT: Okay, just went back and read all your posts in the thread about it. So it seems like you're more a range of behavior, and what you say makes more sense to me now. Interesting comparison between you and JTG, and I'd have to say I felt that kind of tension when I was modding ... between Law and Neutral (him and me, respectively). I like to have the rules as guidelines and for general application, but I hate slapping people into Procrustean beds, and I'm too quick to see nuance, which makes it hard to apply rules like a cookie-cutter solution. (It's not even that I want to "help" people; the nuance itself demanded that I tailor everything to the situation at hand, to be accurate, or I'd feel like I was being "incorrect" in some way.) Some people appreciated that; others did not; oh well.
    Not, as we know, that you'd give a shit, but seeing as how you've commented on the declared types of other members you've, let's say, had "mod issues" with, how do you feel about me putting myself as Neutral Good?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I dislike the term, but the description that fits best is Chaotic Neutral.
    That is what I figured you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That is what I figured you were.
    If I recall correctly, we had a tiny exchange about something like this on Vent.

Neutral Good. It fits.

Also, if you don't mind, share why you think have the alignment that you do, and how relevant of a descriptor you think it is.
    I don’t believe neutral exists. Or at least, I believe that is a misnomer, as passivity and/or variance in behavior is not neutrality. One is tacitly sanctioning one or the other in any situation. I believe we are always struggling with our subjectivity and imperfection, but I believe “the other” in the form of absolute truth exists and we can interact with it and be influenced by it and make decisions about it. I am with Burke that “all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” One is always making a decision for or against something, even if it is by being passive or inactive.

Do you think it is more, less, or equally as relevant as the MBTI/Jungian typology or the Enneagram?
    I think it is a useful tool, regardless of origin, which is why I’ve always had it in my signature. I agree it would be fascinating to take it apart more as a framework, perhaps build upon and refine it as a framework, or see if there are correlations between this and other frameworks, etc. Great thread.

Would you take this system into consideration when it comes to whom you date?
    Yes.

1. As @Rasofy alluded to, I believe it doesn’t measure actual good or evil, but the desire of one’s heart. One’s orientation. What one will strive toward. If one is a variant of good, it tells me they are predisposed to considering a restraining force, and connection and responsibility to something outside of and greater than themselves. That tells me a lot about how they might potentially conduct themselves in life when faced with situations.
    2. And therefore, I believe it has potential to speak into ability to work as a team. I believe people can be wildly different and complementary in other ways, but will have the most success as a dynamic, the least potential problems, and indeed the most intimacy and fulfillment as well, and the greatest impact on others, if they are walking in the same direction and are united to an end.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

It makes sense to me that you might feel between True Neutral and Neutral Good, but I do think you lean Neutral Good.

I'm curious about this Lawful Evil alter-ego, though; would you mind expanding on how this is the case?
    Based purely on this description of the link provided in OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki blurb
    Characters of this alignment see a well-ordered system as being easier to exploit, and show a combination of desirable and undesirable traits; while they usually obey their superiors and keep their word, they care nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals and are not averse to twisting the rules to work in their favor.
    I don't disagree with thinking a well-ordered system is easier to exploit, and if I happened to be of this nature where I didn't care, I'd probably twist things to work in my favor. Also, with X-men's Magneto being cited as a Lawful Evil, I always really *liked* Magneto's character and could empathize/relate in a sense; so if I actually was of that disposition, and wanted to dominate and enforce my will on others, I could see myself going his / the Lawful Evil route, rather than the other two evil routes. Using the system/working with the system to my advantage.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I've taken a few tests in the past, and generally tested as Lawful Good, but I could also see myself being Lawful Neutral or Neutral Good.

I'll take a few more of the tests in the OP later, and see what happens.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I don't disagree with thinking a well-ordered system is easier to exploit, and if I happened to be of this nature where I didn't care, I'd probably twist things to work in my favor. Also, with X-men's Magneto being cited as a Lawful Evil, I always really *liked* Magneto's character and could empathize/relate in a sense; so if I actually was of that disposition, and wanted to dominate and enforce my will on others, I could see myself going his / the Lawful Evil route, rather than the other two evil routes. Using the system/working with the system to my advantage.
    But... wait.

The question is whether you are of this disposition.

You keep on using non-indicative language like "if I happened to be" or "if I actually was of"...

The question is not whether if you were of this disposition, would you be this way...

The question is whether or not you are of that disposition...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not, as we know, that you'd give a shit, but seeing as how you've commented on the declared types of other members you've, let's say, had "mod issues" with, how do you feel about me putting myself as Neutral Good?
    I don't give a shit, but I don't mean that in the "I hate Zara" way... more as in you asked the question and I found myself shrugging, like, "whatever."

If I take a second to analyze, I'm less confused about Neutral Good showing up at all in your profile and just more curious about why Neutral Good MORE than some other type... I mean, I think you are indifferent to rules and you generally mean well and I suppose your defiance to any established ruleset you feel is violational is more driven by providing for the good of all?

But it also gets into something like I'll use Nico's read to address:

I dislike the term, but the description that fits best is Chaotic Neutral.
    Nico quotes himself as Chaotic, and in one sense I can see it, as he doesn't seem to really care about what the rules are if I had to analyze it. He just says and does what he wants, without regarding to the decorum, to the point of getting talked to by mods on occasion. He just doesn't prefer to be controlled.

On the other hand, I would say that Nico has one of the most structured personalities on the forum, far moreso than me. (I feel I am far flexier and amorphous.)

Which means that if we start trying to tie MBTI to these alignment reads, well, I just do not know if that will work. They seem to be measuring different things. Just because Nico is TJ doesn't mean that he's necessarily Lawful in terms of the scope of what Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic entrails. Yet I know many times that people will imagine the Lawful Evils to be very TJ and the Chaotic Goods to be very FP, for example. J vs P is used as equivalent to the Lawful/Chaotic scale, and yet that seems possibly not that case, or at least not such a clear 1-to-1 analogy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

But... wait.

The question is whether you are of this disposition.

You keep on using non-indicative language like "if I happened to be" or "if I actually was of"...

The question is not whether if you were of this disposition, would you be this way...

The question is whether or not you are of that disposition...

Well.. I don't think that I am? You asked me to elaborate on an alter-ego, which is somewhat hypothetical; it's not something I AM in my day-to-day life...
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

If I take a second to analyze, I'm less confused about Neutral Good showing up at all in your profile and just more curious about why Neutral Good MORE than some other type...
    Hmm...

What type would you expect to show up more?

EDIT: oh, it seems you added something to this that might answer this question.

I mean, I think you are indifferent to rules and you generally mean well and I suppose your defiance to any established ruleset you feel is violational is more driven by providing for the good of all?
    Yeah, I'd say that sums it up pretty well.

I think I can actually be somewhat lawful, but I can also be somewhat chaotic.

I actually have an aspect or two in my natal chart that basically explicitly say this.

The most consistent part of my personality (in this system), tho, is that I aim for the good.

I think there's a funny contrast between that truth and how a large number of people perceive me, tho.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Well.. I don't think that I am? You asked me to elaborate on an alter-ego, which is somewhat hypothetical; it's not something I AM in my day-to-day life...

I love the "..." at the end.

Beware people!

Cascadeco is secretly EVIL