User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your alignment?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lawful Good

4 5.26%
  • Neutral Good

29 38.16%
  • Chaotic Good

9 11.84%
  • Lawful Neutral

4 5.26%
  • True Neutral

12 15.79%
  • Chaotic Neutral

12 15.79%
  • Lawful Evil

4 5.26%
  • Neutral Evil

1 1.32%
  • Chaotic Evil

1 1.32%
First 67891018 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I got Neutral Good.

50% Good and 28.2% Lawful.

Pretty much what I would have expected except I might have thought I'd be more lawful!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I got Neutral Good.

Pretty much what I would have expected except I might have thought I'd be more lawful!
    Hey...this is what I got too! But I was like 48% Good and like 7 % Chaotic (?)

I was thinking about this last night though and discussing it with an INFJ friend...that while I supposed many INFJs would 'test' as 'Lawful'...the desciption does seem *slightly anal* (<--- whoa does that sound bad? I didn't mean it that way)...for the INFJs I know.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Hey...this is what I got too! But I was like 48% Good and like 7 % Chaotic (?)

I was thinking about this last night though and discussing it with an INFJ friend...that while I supposed many INFJs would 'test' as 'Lawful'...the desciption does seem *slightly anal* (<--- whoa does that sound bad? I didn't mean it that way)...for the INFJs I know.

I don't know much about this system but I would have thought Neutral Good would be pretty normal for INFJs, but perhaps leaning a bit toward Lawful Good if anything. I am sure I would have leaned more toward Lawful Good than Chaotic Good. And actually, I guess that's why I got "Lawful" in my percentage score, and you maybe lean a bit more toward "Chaotic" so that showed up in yours? *is a bit confused*

It's kind of interesting but it seems like a bit of a vague/fluffy system.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    And I think your ''good'' just means you rationalize evil much better than me.
    Can you expand on that?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well, the only test in the OP I have access to while here at work is the Quizfarm one, but tbh I don't understand the results I got, based on the fact that I answered all of the 'do you want to hurt others' questions in the negative, and one of the points of 'Lawful Evil' is that they have little concern for others they hurt. So... ? Result doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway....top results on this particular test -

Lawful Evil 55%
    True Neutral 50%
    Neutral Good 45%
    Lawful Good 45%
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Well, the only test in the OP I have access to while here at work is the Quizfarm one, but tbh I don't understand the results I got, based on the fact that I answered all of the 'do you want to hurt others' questions in the negative, and one of the points of 'Lawful Evil' is that they have little concern for others they hurt. So... ? Result doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway....top results on this particular test -

Lawful Evil 55%
    True Neutral 50%
    Neutral Good 45%
    Lawful Good 45%
    Well, while I'd love to add a Lawful Evil to our polling mix, knowing you, I'd recommend holding off until you take another test or two, and/or understand the system better. Just like MBTI, what you get on a test doesn't determine your type; your type is your type.

On the other hand, maybe _________ ___ _____.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've taken various tests on this.

I'm typically Neutral Good, and this gels with reality -- I'm very much Neutral Good.

My priority is that the "greater good" is done, that people can be content with their lives and function well. I don't like to hurt people and shy away from that, nor do I steal or take advantage of people; I respect their personhood and want to liberate who they are.

While I grew up in a Lawful atmosphere, at this point in my life I realize a lot of discontent and frustration with that is that I'm not Lawful myself. I'm ambivalent to Law. If it serves a relevant purpose, then it's useful and then I'll support it; if it doesn't serve a useful purpose, I usually ignore it or sidestep it.

Having had at some points in my life to become an enforcer of law and structure, I found myself agonizing over some aspects of such responsibility, especially if I was in conflict with those who were more Lawful or more Chaotic. I believe in that rules are necessary in groups due to the sheer diversity in behavior, so without the rules the group will likely fracture and people will also be hurt / taken advantage of (which, as a Good person, is a big deal to me); however, my preference is for people to monitor themselves when possible and have as few restrictions as feasible to create the most cohesive and productive environment. Overall, I prefer to be an example rather than an enforcer/cop.

Anyway, order and structure is just a tool. I'll use it if it makes sense. If not, I'd rather get rid of it. The more strict the structure gets, the more I find myself rebelling; however, I find the more chaotic something becomes, the less efficient and productive it becomes, and I don't like that either.

.... Sometimes I can veer closer to Neutral in my Good/Evil compass as well, although typically I always remain on the Good side. It's more that in this world, I am capable of viewing good and bad as parts of a cause/effect chain (i.e., detached rather than so personal), and bad things can create positive impact by how a person rises to meet the bad. I have a large sense of Balance, so I can grasp why someone might end up being more pure Neutral in outlook; yet I'm aware that if something personally bad happened to me or those I love, once it's made personal, it's hard to be neutral about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I got Neutral Good.

I suppose it's more of a battle between the inner Intuition and the outer Fe Structure. I think there's a flexibility in Ni that isn't found as much in Si.

---

I don't think I understand why Marm came up as Chaotic Neutral, though. Out of anyone on this site, she seems to constantly be defending the downtrodden and sticking up for the rights of others, passionately, more than I know I verbalize... yet I have no doubts that I'm "Good" in terms of what I value. That doesn't sound very neutral to me.

EDIT: Okay, just went back and read all your posts in the thread about it. So it seems like you're more a range of behavior, and what you say makes more sense to me now. Interesting comparison between you and JTG, and I'd have to say I felt that kind of tension when I was modding ... between Law and Neutral (him and me, respectively). I like to have the rules as guidelines and for general application, but I hate slapping people into Procrustean beds, and I'm too quick to see nuance, which makes it hard to apply rules like a cookie-cutter solution. (It's not even that I want to "help" people; the nuance itself demanded that I tailor everything to the situation at hand, to be accurate, or I'd feel like I was being "incorrect" in some way.) Some people appreciated that; others did not; oh well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, while I'd love to add a Lawful Evil to our polling mix, knowing you, I'd recommend holding off until you take another test or two, and/or understand the system better. Just like MBTI, what you get on a test doesn't determine your type; your type is your type.
    Well, in reading all of the short descriptions, the top 3 I got in the test are probably in the end my top 3. I highly doubt though that Lawful Evil is my top/type. However, of the evils, it would definitely be my 'evil'/ alter-ego, and I imagine I have elements of it.

It's probably a tossup though on whether True Neutral or Neutral Good would be my dominant one.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If we find a Lawful Evil, can we burn it with fire?

Or not. Whatever. I suppose it doesn't matter. Live and let live.

I actually like to poke Lawfuls with sticks... not enough to hurt them, just enough to see what they do in response. (With Chaotics, the game is about hooking a length of chain to their collar and then seeing what they do with it.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I dislike the term, but the description that fits best is Chaotic Neutral.