• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Alignment?

What's your alignment?

• Total voters

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not necessarily, but who doesn't want to think of themselves as a good person? that doesn't mean in reality when those situations arise that it's always going to be the case.

Could you give me particular examples where it would be hard for most people to choose the "Good" choice?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could you give me particular examples where it would be hard for most people to choose the "Good" choice?

anytime someone does something for their own best interests as opposed to the greater good. it could be to survive, to get ahead, to make themselves happier, or just not wanting to put in the effort. i mean look at the questions on this test:

Would you give up a promising career to aid the family in time of need?
Do you donate time and money to improve the local community?
If offered enough money, would you slip a poison into your king's drink?
If imprisoned, would you injure or kill others to escape?
By using magic, you could fool village merchants into thinking your copper pieces were made of gold. Do you?

i can see obvious reasons for not taking the "good" route in these situations.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think it's worth noting at this point that [MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION]'s tritype is 692 ("The Good Samaritan") while [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]'s is 479 ("The Hoodrat").

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
anytime someone does something for their own best interests as opposed to the greater good. it could be to survive, to get ahead, to make themselves happier, or just not wanting to put in the effort. i mean look at the questions on this test

Well, I'll answer them. :yes:

Would you give up a promising career to aid the family in time of need?

Most definitely, even though I'm more of a (close) friends guy than a family guy.

Do you donate time and money to improve the local community?

Not really, but I don't exactly have the money because I don't have a job.

Then again, I probably wouldn't give much (if I don't make a comfortable amount -- say, under $60,000 a year). I'm not even sure how to do it, or if I'd give to it if I saw that it was making little to no progress, even with my donations.

If offered enough money, would you slip a poison into your king's drink?

NO! I could never bring myself to kill someone. People say that your instincts take over if you and/or your family is being threatened, but I'm sure that my instincts would kick in slower than most. Also, I've found that most people that say that admit that they would most definitely kill a man in a situation like that. They don't even say, "I'm not sure what I'd do."

If imprisoned, would you injure or kill others to escape?

Absolutely not.

By using magic, you could fool village merchants into thinking your copper pieces were made of gold. Do you?

No, simply because I would not want them to try to use as gold and they can't.

However, if it can ALWAYS be passed off as gold, then yes.

i can see obvious reasons for not taking the "good" route in these situations.

Other than the charity thing, no. I can see why people wouldn't chose the good routes in these situations, but I would think that more people would be better than that.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Other than the charity thing, no. I can see why people wouldn't chose the good routes in these situations, but I would think that more people would be better than that.

i wasn't asking what you'd do in this situation, or even what a good person would do. you asked when it would be harder to not choose the "good" option. being good isn't always easy or possible or smart. i'm not trying to argue against being good, just pointing out that not everyone is going to feel that way all the time.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
i wasn't asking what you'd do in this situation, or even what a good person would do. you asked when it would be harder to not choose the "good" option. being good isn't always easy or possible or smart. i'm not trying to argue against being good, just pointing out that not everyone is going to feel that way all the time.

Tbh, [MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION], I actually agree with chana on this point. I'm not saying you or other good people wouldn't choose to do the good thing, but it's extremely naive to think that everyone will. A lot of people are selfish pricks.

bbmangenderless

MBTI Type
IDK
Enneagram
IDK
1st one:Chaotic-Evil
44% Good, 56% Chaotic

Plane of Existence: The Abyss, "Plane of Infinite Layers". Notable Inhabitants: Demons.

Examples of Chaotic-Evils (Ethically Chaotic, Morally Evil)

Sephiroth (FFVII)
Jack The Ripper
Baron Vladamir Harkonnen
Blackbeard the Pirate
Cruella DeVille
Khan Noonian Singh
Dr. Evil
The Joker
Professor Moriarty
Lord Voldemort

Actively opposes law, order, good, and all other sissy constraints on doing whatever he or she feels like doing. The stereotypical chaotic evil [person] is the black knight, roaming around on his own, looking for something nasty to do.

Will not necessarily keep their word
Would attack an unarmed foe
Will use poisons
Will not help those in need
Prefers to work alone
Responds poorly to higher authority
Distrustful of organizations
Self-preservation and personal gain are their ultimate goals.
Less inclined to long term planning.

Chaotic Evil "Demonic"
"Destroyer"

A chaotic evil [person] does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Fortunately, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can be made to work together only by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him.

These [people] will commit any act to further their own ends. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil.

Chaotic evil is power without control, selfishness unfettered by any law.

2nd one: Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

3rd one:You Scored as Neutral Evil
A neutral evil person does whatever they can get away with. They shed no tears for those they have hurt, and only care about themselves. These people do not necessarily love conflict and chaos, however- they truly care only for themselves. Ignoring laws or using them to their advantage, these people do whatever they can get away with.

Neutral Evil
75%
Chaotic Evil
70%
Chaotic Neutral
70%
True Neutral
60%
Chaotic Good
60%
Lawful Evil
60%
Lawful Good
50%
Lawful Neutral
45%
Neutral Good
35%

4th one:You are 36.1% Good.
You are 15.4% Lawful.

Alignment: Neutral Good

You do the best good that a person could be expected to do. You are devoted to helping others. You are willing to work with authority figures, but you do not feel any particular allegiance to them.
You are the stereotypical “Benefactor.” You believe in doing good without any particular bias for or against order.
Examples of charactersand people who fit into the same alignment as you include Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Gandalf, Indiana Jones, O-Bi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter, Frodo Baggins, and the Dalai Lama.

I think the reasons i got the alignments i did is because i believe in somethings from all of them i suppose.

Not sure about the second one.

It depends on how they perceive their alignment.

Here's my question for the person who made this thread, which alignment do you think i could pass for exclusively: I believe that everyone should be free to do whatever they want, regardless of whatever intentions they happen to have. However they better be prepared to face the consequences of whatever they choose to do otherwise they are screwed.
Despite it looking like i really care about other people being free, i want to be able to do whatever i want without having to deal with anybody else in my face trying to appeal to my "good" side.
I don't use violence because i haven't come up with a way to use it with my lack of upper body strength or without the risk of them trying to use the law to get me thrown in jail.

I also struggle with who i'm, because i hate the idea of having to be "good" or "bad" exclusively which is why i get really annoyed when i'm called something i know i'm not and i refuse to accept being labelled as something i'm not.

I also don't trust anyone at all, despite making it seem like i do.
I will use my mother for meals because she just happens to have a stocked fridge but i don't trust her at all because she almost had me committed to an insane asylum on my 12th Birthday and then threw me out on my 16th after an overnight visit.

I also slept with a good friend who is currently with someone he is madly in love with but only stopped because he killed the mood and i also happen to like him alot.

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got neutral good on the really long test. I think it fits me well. I just added it to my signature, actually.

It would definitely affect whether I would date someone. Compassion and kindness are very important to me and I would not date someone who is neutral about helping others, and definitely not evil, although some who score evil probably only did so as trolls, which doesn't count. I wouldn't date someone too far on the lawful or chaotic side...balance and harmony with the world are good.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Damn, I got True Neutral on my most recent test... Pretty sure I'm Chaotic Good though

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I scored as Chaotic Neutral. I think I'm this way because I was raised too well to be evil, but I've struggled a lot and became isolated at school when I was young which led me to want to make my own rules.