User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

New people don't yet get the flow of my essence, and so they tend to throw me off balance because they expect things that good friends of mine know I'm not handing out, and especially if they are in your face, wanting to know or tell you more and more... It's very hard to adjust to.

This is not something that happens all the time, but it happens enough to make me not so hip to meeting new people. (Online-->RL doesn't count as "meeting new people")

MBTI
    INXP

Overstimulating? No. Fear of the unknown - Yes.

It depends if I "click" with them. If I do, then all is well and I find myself being endeared and tolerant of behaviour I would normally not be able to stand.

If I don't click, then I want to retreat to safety.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Self-focused people can be quite draining, and interacting with someone who only talks about himself and won't let you talk takes a lot of energy. Some new friendships are easier because you're not fending off all that me-me-me-me.

Jae Rae
    I forgot to mention that I realized that was also a problem here. I'm the kinda guy that would like the matter-a-factly point that out to someone, but I doubt that has good results.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    But when I'mNotToo wanted to talk, his new friend wouldn't let him.

Sometimes I'm happy to go with the flow and be entertained and charmed by a person who has a lot to say, but if I can't add something when I want, that's annoying. And someone who shows no interest in what I have to say? Feh.

Jae Rae
    Actually, I think he might've still been dealing with what happened, and his need to talk was fueled by that. He's an F type guy, so he actually needs to vent about stuff and possibly to multiple people and multiple times. It's so weird dealing with a guy like that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    New people don't yet get the flow of my essence, and so they tend to throw me off balance because they expect things that good friends of mine know I'm not handing out, and especially if they are in your face, wanting to know or tell you more and more... It's very hard to adjust to.

This is not something that happens all the time, but it happens enough to make me not so hip to meeting new people. (Online-->RL doesn't count as "meeting new people")
    Sooo, what is that you DO hand out?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    I can't even recall being good friends with an introvert, so I don't know what it's like.
    I'm responding to myself. I'm retarded, hehehe. Actually, I forgot that I have an introverted brother who I used to get along with really well, but since I've become a Christian and he's developed as an atheist, there isn't too much we can do together anymore. We used to go driving to New Orleans to play music, and we would switch between listening to music and thinking, and talking rather regularly and comfortably.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Yes! I agree. Overall, new people just make me nervous for some reason. I definitely keep them at arms length, and I'm normally very reserved and quiet around them. I have to know someone for a decent amount of time, or have clicked with them quickly (like I do with almost all ENFPs I meet) to even consider spending my spare time with them. I think with new people I just get the feeling that they are invading my personal space. New people tend to try and take advantage if my kindness, or that is at least what I tend to perceive them doing.

I have unspoken "rules" that my close friends are aware of; like how you don't ask me to drive you anywhere unless it's something I consider an emergency (i.e. family member is sick, mail your tax return, etc.) or something for both of us to do. I remember someone I was only acquainted to coming up to me, telling me she and her boyfriend broke up, and asking me to drive her to her boyfriend's college (about 2 hours away) so that she could "talk to him about it". This was one of the few times I had no problem telling someone NO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    istp

No.
    No offense.

MBTI
    type

New people don't make me nervous, but they do drain me, especially if i'm getting the vibes that they are needy/want to leech more than i can give, or want to give. It's lines that i do not wish to be crossed, essentially.

or if they're like aelan, hyper balls of energy flashing neon lights and sequins, wanting to do everything at the same time. You can practically feel their energy zinging off the walls. tiring to keep up when all you wanna do is to curl up in a cosy corner with a small group of friends/one-on-one for a chat/drinks.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

hopefully we never become those people
    and....
    that we have pity on him for being such a downer
    and he is out of the know
    tisk tisk