User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Your Avatar features an Illuminati triangle, the symbol for the all-seeing eye of God! idk random
    lol, that's awesome. I was just watching a tube video on hidden illuminati symbols in Hollywood this weekend.

violaine

I wonder if it has something to do with needing to see the big picture? A little hard to explain and I'm not sure if this is related to what you are wondering about. I'm INFJ. When I know why I should do something or the point of a series of actions, then I can flow. That is critical when I'm acquiring a skill that doesn't arise organically out of me, but rather is at the direction of someone else. For example, when learning to drive. There are certain steps that need to be followed... I feel like I'm going to step off a precipice if I don't know the "why" or intellectually what should come next. I need to be able to conceptualize so that the steps I'm going to follow make sense to me. That's the only way the steps get filed away properly so that I can repeat the process at will.

I pick up a skill far more quickly when I have context and relevant info, than if I'm working on something without knowing the point/steps.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The aspect of seeing and re-seeing a process and the understanding of its dynamics. An Ni-user would observe and understand a process seen in a manner of how each node of the process relates to the next. Because the different perceptions of the process would come naturally to an Ni-user, the implementation of a personalised version of the process could, at many times, be done right after the viewing, and over a period of how long the Ni-user lives, it is likely they may get better at it over extended periods of time. This is limited to the capabilities of the Ni-user. You cannot sit down and watch a game of american football and suddenly gain the reflexes and muscles to be an expert american football player or watch an artist draw then have the tamed hand of an artist. Processes would often limit itself to the memory, reflexes, body structure and status of the Ni-user.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So I've noticed that Se users need to physically do something in order to understand it. However, many Ni users that I have met can do something very strange indeed: Many Ni users that I know can literally watch youtube videos on something or read books on how to do something and then just do it.
    I'm not an Ni user but I can do this to some extent. It depends on what the thing is. One time I read a book about HTML and then used HTML to construct a web page from scratch and was pretty successful in doing so without much difficulty. If its a body based thing, then I need to go through the motions a few times to know I'm doing it right. Then again, I'm not naturally gifted in body intelligence. One time I watched a pilates video and got overconfident that watching it just once I'd be ready to go out and do it successfully. Turns out I had someone watching me and she told me I wasn't doing the technique right. I underemphasized the "how does it feel in my body aspect?" And that is something you just have to do sometimes to know. Sometimes the act of doing is a better tool for learning than any book.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    The aspect of seeing and re-seeing a process and the understanding of its dynamics. An Ni-user would observe and understand a process seen in a manner of how each node of the process relates to the next. Because the different perceptions of the process would come naturally to an Ni-user, the implementation of a personalised version of the process could, at many times, be done right after the viewing, and over a period of how long the Ni-user lives, it is likely they may get better at it over extended periods of time. This is limited to the capabilities of the Ni-user. You cannot sit down and watch a game of american football and suddenly gain the reflexes and muscles to be an expert american football player or watch an artist draw then have the tamed hand of an artist. Processes would often limit itself to the memory, reflexes, body structure and status of the Ni-user.
    Yes, thank you so much. This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Oaky explained the Ni version, but this can be true for both Ns. It's easy to grasp something once you learn the theoretical components and flow, because then you just match each aspect of the reality to the theoretical model and proceed accordingly. Much easier - to me - than dealing with the messy details of each real situation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Learning on the go require sequential order.

If I read it first, I get the entire scheme, then get to go back and pick out certain points, which tends to work much better.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

We inhabit abstract perspectives more than we inhabit physical body movements, so it makes sense that until we get the first thing down, the second can't follow.

And if we happen to master the second and find ourselves in the elites, it's likely that most of our peers/competitors never needed to do the first to get to the second, so we'll be differently skilled masters than them. And usually our different skills will be rarer, and doing something differently than normal usually seems voodoo-ish.

It's like how some ESFP academics can rockstar frustrate the homebody reading INTJs. We all assume ESFP methods, with their active and busy and engaged lifestyle rather than bookworm lifestyle, shouldn't be able to succeed, so it seems voodoo-ish. Whereas they can't do the nerd stuff without first doing the ESFP things, so they're differently skilled than most academics.

It's not that we have different muscles or IQs, but we have different ways of navigating the world.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Oaky explained the Ni version, but this can be true for both Ns. It's easy to grasp something once you learn the theoretical components and flow, because then you just match each aspect of the reality to the theoretical model and proceed accordingly. Much easier - to me - than dealing with the messy details of each real situation.
    Absolutely. Ne user here and I very frequently tackle things via you tube or reading how-to articles. Inferior Si makes it so I can't remember the way my body should feel when I move, but If i can observe it then I store the concept in my mind and duplicate it. Like with dance, I had great difficulty learning dance movements piece by piece. The way my body would move during a step could never retain, the feeling of it - no matter how many times I repeated it, each step was like new. But if I was shown a video clip of segments of the dance, I could somehow store the big picture conceptually, broken into segments - and then somehow move my body based on what i visualized, no- not internally visualized but observed.. When I first took piano lessons at 6, I would watch my teacher, the way her fingers moved and store a memory of the song.. I could duplicate the model but fail to realize obvious details like playing one key too high or low. I think that the difference in how these two might do this.. both conceptually.. is that Ni creates an internal model and checks back with this, while Ne needs to merge with the object more while duplicating?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So you can't explain to me how it works?
    Errr. Lemme see.

Not sure it's Ni. But I will 'wing' things, as I say. Like making a stab at it. I don't expect perfection, cauze I know by this point, I ain't gonna get it anyway.

So perhaps the reading/studying about it combines with a dose of intuition about how it will all come together, and wah-lah.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com