User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a Sensor or iNtuitive, and how fast do you read?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am Sensing and I read one page per minute

1 6.25%
  • I am Sensing and I read one page in two minutes

0 0%
  • I am Sensing and I read one page in three minutes

0 0%
  • I am iNtuitive and I read one page per minute

10 62.50%
  • I am iNtuitive and I read one page in two minutes

3 18.75%
  • I am iNtuitive and I read one page in three minutes

2 12.50%
First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I wasn't sure about the definition of a page. x words per minute may have been a better standard. Depending on content I'm around 600 w/m.

MBTI
    INTJ

800-1000 wpm.

Whatever that translates to in pages.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Okay, well I'm a slow poke compared to the rest of you. I read about a page per two minutes, sometimes three. Sometimes it's even a page per five minutes...and sometimes it's a page in 30 seconds. It just depends on how sucked into the book I am, how much stuff is going on around me, whether or not I suddenly get distracted by a thought or daydream, how difficult the material is, how fast the action in the text is....lots of things affect it. But, all things equal, I've never been a fast reader per page. I think it's because I tend to weigh words and word choices carefully, and in the case of some subjects, I watch the text as much as I read it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am a sensor. I do read pretty fast, but then again, it depends on what. If I'm reading something straightforward, I'll be fast. If I'm reading something on Aristotle's four causes, then obviously that would take me a very long time to fully read and comprehend.

MBTI
    INTP

There are way too many variables to narrow this down to a N/S thing. You would have to compare sets of people who speak the same language, have the same education and reasonably similar intelligence, are the same age, and are reading the same book, on a reasonably normal day.

Though it really is difficult for me to generalize like this... I am a strong N; my reading speed is probably a little above average.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

When I am in an environment full of surroundings that are more stimulating that a book, my mind wanders and I read more slowly. Because of this, I almost always seem to be reading slower than a lot of my peers when I'm with them. I even take in less. Stupid low attention span.

When I'm alone, I can read and complete things really fast though. It's very important for me to have no distractions~
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I believe that Ns have an advantage because they can fill in the blanks when reading at a rapid rate. I have a strange feeling that intelligence comes into play, too, as Ns are also reading between the lines in their heads, on top of their general rate of filling things in when reading rapidly.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I believe that Ns have an advantage because they can fill in the blanks when reading at a rapid rate. I have a strange feeling that intelligence comes into play, too, as Ns are also reading between the lines in their heads, on top of their general rate of filling things in when reading rapidly.
    that's true
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    That'd probably explain why sometimes I have gotten bad marks answering questions on boring stories I had to read... I make up a better one in my head.

Though that does remind me of the time I taking a spanish test - except that I translated it into french on my final. It was a glorious way to fail.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    That'd probably explain why sometimes I have gotten bad marks answering questions on boring stories I had to read... I make up a better one in my head.
    A good reason to remind Ns to "Read the whole question and all of the answers carefully before answering."
    Though that does remind me of the time I taking a spanish test - except that I translated it into french on my final. It was a glorious way to fail.
    Similar to my alternating German and Latin words in the wrong class. Right word, wrong language. Glad my teacher knew both languages and could untwist me.

Course now, I get some German, some Latin, and some Esperanto snarled together. Bleh.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.