User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that a romantic relationship between mirroring types would work?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 91.67%
  • No

1 8.33%
12 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Default Mirroring types.

Do you think a romantic relationship between two people of the same type can work out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

yes ofc, however, i doubt that it would be satisfying in the long run for most people, but neither of us are the most people, so you might be happy with another person with same type.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think a relationship between any two types can work. Personally, I'd prefer someone of a different type. Otherwise it's like the blind leading the blind and there isn't much room for growth because your weaknesses are more than likely the same. I guess a relationship with someone of the same type would produce less conflict, which is a plus. You are on the same wavelength about many things with similar thought processes but at the same type, there's less spark. So I see someone of the same type as good friend material but maybe not as good for a long-term romantic relationship.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Variety is the spicy of the life: if you want to date the same type, thats called being single.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Actually, I think there could be "room for growth" because of the fact that you both know what things to focus on for self-improvement, and will be hyper-focused by doubling up on them. It just may be more difficult to star that process / identify those black marks.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

From what I have noticed, Melancholies (particularly ISTJ) seem to be very good for each other. They may fight and argue, like any other people, and past hurts and abuse might split them apart, but if they are able to stay together, their common temperament needs and cognitive perspective really click.
    They don't need much attention from others, and don't impose themselves much, as may cause other types (even the same types) to clash.

(Oh, wow; maybe @Cimarron can testify, if he's ever had a relationship with another ISTJ).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I think a relationship between any two types can work. Personally, I'd prefer someone of a different type. Otherwise it's like the blind leading the blind and there isn't much room for growth because your weaknesses are more than likely the same. I guess a relationship with someone of the same type would produce less conflict, which is a plus. You are on the same wavelength about many things with similar thought processes but at the same type, there's less spark. So I see someone of the same type as good friend material but maybe not as good for a long-term romantic relationship.
    This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Of course it can work, it just depends on the people. For me, someone that's almost my exact opposite complements me well. However, I've dated another ISFP in the past and it wasn't a bad relationship. It was just...kind...of...bland... We were both afraid of hurting the other one's feelings and it resulted in a serious lack of a spark. For two other ISFPs, that might have been the perfect relationship, but I need a good debate every now and then... And my INTJ provides me with that.

garbage

Yes, similar people can be in a relationship. Just commit yourselves to personal growth. Try these helpful tips:

• If you're both conflict-avoidant, stop being conflict-avoidant.
    • If you're both unable to manage finances, stop being unable to manage finances.
    • If you're both pricks to one another because you're too direct, stop being pricks to one another because you're too direct.
    • If neither of you can make a commitment past tomorrow, stop not . .. being able to make commitments past tomorrow.

And so on.

There. Problem solved, forever. *dusts hands*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think my ex was an enfp but there was so much difference that i can't be certain...either that or just every one is so fucking different that it just really doesn't matter.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Sure. Any relationship takes work. Of course, a pair of mirroring types would take a little work because I imagine they'd mirror and amplify similar flaws, but that's no reason to say that it's impossible.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost