User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    TiNe

Default Physiognomy Project: Visually Reading Cognitive Configuration

Hello,

I am part of a team that is currently developing a physiognomy methodology tied to cognition. Our project is presently in a researching - Beta - phase, where we are seeking to identify patterns among people and their facial, body and vocal expressions, but we would like to share with you our present finds and obtain your feedback & ideas.

This an introductory guide to identifying the eight cognitive functions visually as well as a person's psychological Type. We hope you enjoy this introduction guide.

Last edited by Auburn; 04-14-2012 at 03:06 AM.

garbage

This is pretty cool stuff

Have you looked into Socionics' visual identification? I think that your method, which relies on fluid movement rather than static pictures, has more promise--but you might draw some inspiration from it.

For the record, when thinking, I'm often told that I just stare blankly off into space or at the piece of steak in front of me (by my estimation, though, I'm looking 'past' it or am otherwise not focused on it). Sometimes, my best thinking in conversation comes when I'm looking away from the person that I'm talking to, although I know instinctively and consciously that the way to connect to someone is to make eye contact with them. I'll thus 'reconnect' and always look for feedback and tailor myself accordingly. That usually happens instinctively, without conscious thought.

Overall, your Articulator describes me pretty well when talking, and Worldview when in thought. Make of that what you will

Anyway, good work! Would love to see some discussion going about this.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh yes, interesting! I also agree with bologna re it showing more promise than the method linked with socionics.
    Yah could work... hmm, i am thinking though... how much video would need to be used to accurately type someone... i see the inidividual functions... but to tie it all in together may not be so easy... still possible though...
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    TiNe

Thanks! It is indeed quite a different approach than most have taken before. It is more similar to lip-reading than any previous physiognomical models.

Reading a person can take as little as a few seconds. An 8-10 video is usually enough for us to form a confident opinion, although some people do take longer than others.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hi auburn! (it's Jenny)

hope you get some decent feedback.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

VI?

Tell me! What does my cat avatar tell you!

Does it tell me you the secret to my soul?!

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Thanks! It is indeed quite a different approach than most have taken before. It is more similar to lip-reading than any previous physiognomical models.

Reading a person can take as little as a few seconds. An 8-10 video is usually enough for us to form a confident opinion, although some people do take longer than others.
    Also, when you get 498 more posts, you'll have a treasure trove of data in our wonderful Typology Central member video thread thing. It'd be cool to see how your methods play out on these videos.. I'm sure some folks here could crosspost their videos and let you take a stab at them? (I'm gonna record another one soon and will probably do just that.)

Quote Originally Posted by exact View Post
    VI?

Tell me! What does my cat avatar tell you!

Does it tell me you the secret to my soul?!
    Your cat avatar VIs as some.. some sort of Ni dominant? Because it's all staring off into space or something?

Damn, I'm no good with VI.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

somewhat reminds me of this thread in a way... not to necromance in a way

and then I had to go and watch my own videos and I'm now horrified by how often I look up, squint my right eye (my dad does the exact same thing), move my head back and forth and glare at the camera... I must be somewhat horrifying to speak to in real life
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Interesting - it leaves a lot to ponder. I certainly identify with the Fi and Ne and like a lot of the observations I like the usage of gifs and the descriptive language is excellent and accurate.

I would question some of the typing though. Several of those celebrities' commonly accepted typing doesn't match yours (Robert Downey Jr. for example is considered a Ne-dom), but I suppose all that is debatable.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

@Auburn

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrdXjjf_-4U"]type me[/YOUTUBE]

Do me motherfucker
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.