• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Physiognomy Project: Visually Reading Cognitive Configuration

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another to try ... it's an old one.

[YOUTUBE="_ItQ2TCGrlE"]HelenOfTroy[/YOUTUBE]

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe
Try this one visually read me.

(link will self-destruct in 1 day)

Hello there [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] - I feel you are an Fi(Ne): INFP :)

Your composure is very calculated, with all movements being intentional. Your face is warming but your articulation is cold (Fi+Te). When thinking you begin to radiate a 'tone' but that tone is only partly translated to your words; mostly your words retain the spartan nature of Te, coated with the overtones of Fi emotionality. This is in contrast to Fe+Ti articulation which would cool down when processing, and them warm up when articulating, emitting an expression designed to influence the audience.

Your eyes are deflective - they move about freely and loosely, as though they were fish in water. Those are the eyes of Ne, which are different from the steady, and penetrative eyes of Ni.

Last edited:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello there [MENTION=8888]CuriousFeeling[/MENTION] - You are absolutely an Fi(Ne): INFP :)
I knew within the first few seconds, but watched the rest of the video just to make sure.

Your composure is very calculated, with all movements being intentional. Your face is warming but your articulation is cold (Fi+Te). When thinking you begin to radiate a 'tone' but that tone is only partly translated to your words; mostly your words retain the spartan nature of Te, coated with the overtones of Fi emotionality. This is in contrast to Fe+Ti articulation which would cool down when processing, and them warm up when articulating, emitting an expression designed to influence the audience.

Your eyes are deflective - they move about freely and loosely, as though they were fish in water. Those are the eyes of Ne, which are different from the steady, and penetrative eyes of Ni.

This is quite interesting how my physiognomy shows INFP but I score very high on J traits on MBTI tests. It doesn't surprise me much that I give the INFP vibe though. I am drawn to INFP characters and figureheads. Definitely something to ponder. INF nonetheless. :) Thanks!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, how delightful! Here's me a few yrs back - - will delete as well in another day. (Note: I blink a LOT in the very beginning, which I don't think is overly characteristic - I think because I'm nervous and am conscious of the camera and am in performance-mode in a way. Blinking lessens as the video goes on and I think later on I meld into a somewhat more typical state)

Last edited:

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe
Another to try ... it's an old one.

[YOUTUBE="_ItQ2TCGrlE"]HelenOfTroy[/YOUTUBE]

Hi there. From just this video you appear to also be: Te(Si)?

I think you are most likely a discernment (T/F) lead, with your mind primarily concerned about the logical and ethical arrangement of the world and one's individual self. Information is a tool to those ends, and for you that comes from Si+Ne, I think.

The Si+Ne duality works as a dialogue between stored information and the manipulation of that information into new forms that can better serve the purpose of truth-forming. Truth: both morally and logically.

Last edited:

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe
Oh, how delightful! Here's me a few yrs back.
(Note: I blink a LOT in the very beginning, which I don't think is overly characteristic - I think because I'm nervous and am conscious of the camera and am in performance-mode in a way. Blinking lessens as the video goes on and I think later on I meld into a somewhat more typical state)

Hello! Oh my, lots of reads.
Um, you are an Ne(Fi) - I suspect.

Ne(Fi) are primarily data-collectors, data-manipulators and synthesizers. Most of the time this happens intuitively, as their minds are constantly in a stream-of-consciousness and viewing the environment constantly in the abstract: every object eludes to a different thing. Because Ne is connected to Si, they are also often trivia kings/queens. The more facts they know the easier it is for them to surf through them and draw connections.

It is also a misconception that the are "extroverts". Ne is stimulus-oriented but is often able to satiate that need with it's own thoughts alone. Though, it'll still manifest a level of restlessness and natural energy in the body. The user may not enjoy talking with other people (using other people as stimuli) but will generally find another creative outlet to engage with and often be consumed with/by.

*mod edit: please do not quote people's direct links that they wish to edit later*

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5746]Auburn[/MENTION] :laugh: I am such an attention whore that I always have to get in on these threads! :holy:

temporary post of my video outside of the video thread...

video now removed...

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] - Ah. Se(Fi) seems most likely.

Though you have very heavy Te articulation, which seems to overpower other processes. You use Se and Te quite expressively and have a confidence in them. I'm not entirely sure what the relationship to your Fi is like but there seems to be something off. You're what I call an "Amped" personality.

Your eyes are very clearly Se, connected to the environment and "locked-on". There are also moments when you drift into Ni but quickly resume connection with Se. Your Te articulation is bold and cooling. Your face displays the awkward, unawareness of Fi, creating quirky expressions during articulation.

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] - Ah. Quite a clear Se(Fi): ESFP.

Though you have very heavy Te articulation, which seems to overpower other processes. You use Se and Te quite expressively and have a confidence in them. I'm not entirely sure what the relationship to your Fi is like but there seems to be something off. You're what I call an "Amped" personality.

I don't really use Fi at all... like, it's my least used function! :laugh:

I would be a terrible ESFP... total lack of Fi... decent Fe though :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
marmalade_sunrise

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your eyes are very clearly Se, connected to the environment and "locked-on". There are also moments when you drift into Ni but quickly resume connection with Se. Your Te articulation is bold and cooling. Your face displays the awkward, unawareness of Fi, creating quirky expressions during articulation.

I hope that helps clear up some things.

:cheese: I was actually staring at my own expressions on the video as I was recording it... they were amusing me... I used to practice facial expressions in the mirror as a child so that I would never get my expression wrong... I still have issues with the sympathy expression and therefore when someone's sad I offer to get them something to drink :doh:

facial expressions are never quite what I can accurately be judged on since I have complete control over what I do with my face at any given time :devil:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
me me me, too [MENTION=5746]Auburn[/MENTION]

;3

Last edited:

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe

Hi there. I actually got the same conclusion as you! heh, first so far!
I agree with Fi(Se) or ISFP. :)
Or a discernment-lead with Fi/Te, Se/Ni at very least.

It's slightly difficult to tell because you have a good dialogue between your Fi and Te. This means you generally don't have a conflict between heart and mind; they may feel to you as one in the same. Or, if they do feel separate in your mind, they always work in unison.

You're what we call a Compass lead. You're primarily defined by your ability to make choices - and do so based on what is most ethically correct and practical. You actually have a very authentic Fi. Sense of self is very important and central to you, and you understand the limits of your own and other people's nature and accept that.

Last edited:

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe
me me me, too [MENTION=5746]Auburn[/MENTION]

Hi there Vasilisa!
I think your type may be Fe(Si)

But firstly, I want to say that your type is one of the ones I've found to be least understood. It is the same function order as ESFJ (Fe-Si-Ne-Ti)
But a different dynamic of how they interact with each other.

We are still in the process of rewriting all the type profiles based on the different dynamics the functions possess, but yours is one that is a bit more complete than others. I'd like to share with you a bit of what we have:

An Fe(Si) is an individual whose primary concern is being in ethical alignment to the world of people, as well as internally aligned with their logic. You are first and foremost a Reasoning type. As life passes by you, your mind is constantly analyzing situations, both emotionally and dispassionately, to try to understand where to stand on a matter. If something doesn't make sense to you, you will see no reason to adhere to it; it would simply be illogical to do so. This spans to the emotional world as well, and perhaps especially in this realm.

This type uses a wheel of feedback between what makes sense in the world of people and what is internally consistent, logically. In this sense, you resembles the INTP type most closely than any other, as that type also has a feedback-wheel of outer ethics (Fe) and internal logic (Ti). This is what we call the Ti/Fe Outer Wheel.

The next prevailing part of your psyche is the way in which you take in information. The way you reason is via outer ethics and inner logic, but the way in which the world appears before you and in interpreted is via internalized memories (Si) and imaginative possibilities (Ne). This is another psychic wheel which oscillates between the memories we already possess and playfully theorizes to try to fill in the gaps of what we do not know. It's like playdough. The mind starts out with concrete data of the past, then it plays with it (playing the "what if" game) to see what it can come up with. But all these possibilities and probabilities are of secondary importance. The process of brainstorming is subordinate to the process of proper decision making. Theorizing only really aides insomuch as one can deduce from it the proper ethical/logical principles to stand upon. As such this Si/Ne Inner Wheel is smaller and takes up less past of the psyche.

Fe:

Delving further into the details of what all this means, you have Fe (Extroverted Feeling) as your primary function. This does not mean you are an extrovert by the common sense of the word. The I/E dichotomy is one of the ones that produces the most misconceptions due how it is commonly seen know as habit-dependent (whether one likes to spend time indoors or go out to events) rather than on how the mind operates. Having your primary function as extroverted simply designates what part of reality it is concerned with. For you this would be the world of Living Things (generally people, but not exclusively). Your relationship to other living people is of most concern.

When a relationship with another human is not right, Fe will feel a wrongness within itself. It will also have a high level of sensitivity at identifying the status of the relationships others have to others. It is a type of emotional-Radar that picks up on the signals, body language, and tones others emit. It then adjusts itself to give a proper response to that vibe. It may even have a tendency to overdo it and adjust (sacrifice) too much of themselves for the sake of a situation or person. Overall the ideal it strives for is Harmony; for all relationships to be right with themselves and for it to be right with everybody.

Si:

Next, Si (Introverted Sensation) This is the primary form of perception for this type. When this type looks at a situation, the first thing it recognizes is what is Familiar. It will have specific things it may like to be certain ways and be very nostalgic. It likes consistency within itself and generally considers that an admirable trait in others. It will rely on past experiences and often bring them up in a topic as support to point out a claim, or prove a point. It is not very future oriented in this sense. The future is looked at mostly in relation to the past and how the past will repeat itself in the future.

Ne:

However, that sense of propagating-the-past may be intercepted by a playful and imaginary sense of possibility (Ne: Extroverted Intuition). Fe(Si) will be predictable maybe 90% of the time, but have a 10% level of randomness where a child-like, quirky spontaneity will take over. This imaginative side may propose different ideas, or want to change how things have been done for a long time. It may reorganize environments or dabble with different art forms. But generally these spurts are short lived. They can be catalysts for needed change, but the Fe(Si) will phase out of it soon enough and resume their sense of stability in Si.

Ti:

Lastly, Ti (Introverted Thinking) serves as a sort of "checker" to all the other functions. Particularly to Ne's silly ideas. Fe(Si) will be prone to double-think things and play the "no, wait" game as they try to fine tune their understanding of things. Ti will give this type the ability to moderate its emotional world by being a type of feeling-deconstructor. It is the Fe(Si)'s lifesaver for their own emotional turmoils. Often the Fe(Si) will enter a detached state and view their emotions as something that is happening to them but not entirely "them" as they filter the emotions through the Ti-troubleshoot. But after the screening process is complete, and the self understood, the emotions will return again to the owner, as Ti is not the most dominant part of this type's personality.

* * *​

Physiognomically, this type will display a Stop-Start between their articulation and their processing. When processing/thinking their face will go flat/dead, and then revive again with emotion and gracefulness/warmth when it has found the words.

The eyes will also engage in deflecting often; moving around freely and blinking. When in memory recall or brainstorming, their brow may shrivel as they search their inventory for the right perspective.

Their hands will have a preciseness to them, jittery and calculated. And their body's movements will be intentional, conducted. Their body may also feel like it 'freezes up' as it struggles to formulate a difficult thought.

A celebrity example of this type would be:
Fe(Si) Emma Watson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XK6FYKDzXc

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]... don't worry... you won't get a response :laugh:

unless I'm especially unliked :sadbanana:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, interesting, that is my mothers type, perhaps its because I have internalized many of her mannerisms.

I think that's where my forceful somewhat-developed Te comes from. I was raised primarily by an ESTJ female role model. My mother is an ESFP, too. So I was surrounded by Te in women.

The ESTJ was hella dominant and forceful too, and by the time in high school people commented that I could sound like her when answering the phone, and she's not even a blood relative, my grandfather's wife.

I think I have some of my ISTJ grandfather's mannerisms too.

I was surrounded by Te.

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] Heh, hey, that's not how it is.
Just trying to address everyone, 's all.

But, regarding what you said, I somewhat doubt that. I don't think we have full control over our face, and it's because of this that we're able to read people's facial expressions to discern their type. Like, as the brain thinks, signals manifest naturally in the face as a direct byproduct of the specific processing the brain is undertaking. So when you are consulting memory, your face does specific things. When you consult your internal compass, other signals are emitted. And the sixteen types have sixteen distinct signatures of facial manifestation which cannot be faked.

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] Heh, hey, that's not how it is.
Just trying to address everyone, 's all.

But, regarding what you said, I actually doubt that. The reality is we don't have full control over our face, and it's precisely because of this that we're able to read people's facial expressions to discern their type. As the brain thinks, signals manifest naturally in the face as a direct byproduct of the specific processing the brain is undertaking. So when you are consulting memory, your face does something different. When you consult your internal compass, it shows yet something else.

what internal compass? :huh:

I work a public job and am very aware of catching people's faces when they're unaware as a manner of judging exactly what they're thinking... my ability to do that gives me a real edge in my job over people who aren't good at such things... however, when someone is actually WATCHING themselves speak, such as watching the recording on a webcam, the results are different... someone who is self aware enough due to sufficient public exposure and using such techniques against others usually has a lot more control than you would assume :)

it's a good policy that if you make some more awkward expressions while speaking people will take you for being more genuine in interactions...

G

Ginkgo

[MENTION=5746]Auburn[/MENTION]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIfe4YeaOE&feature=player_embedded"].[/YOUTUBE]