User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    some of us have used plenty of outside sources as well... people who actually get to observe our behavior in every day life and actually know us as PEOPLE as opposed to having just watched a brief video of us on the internet
    Yeah, I wonder how much you can get paid to sit idly by and pretend like you know everything about a person's psyche. I need some ea$y ca$h.

In other news...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Ti: Shaving off alternative theories, or twisting alternative theories to suite subjective systems of thought, resulting in possible oversimplification of how objects are categorized. Introverted processes depend on universals, covering all objects of particular definition, resulting in generalization.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yeah, I wonder how much you can get paid to sit idly by and pretend like you know everything about a person's psyche. I need some ea$y ca$h.
    you TOTALLY need to put an add on craigslist... I'm sure that SOMEONE might hire you!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Compartmentalising a person into a type and fully relating every action seen towards the four functions of that type is a terrible method, and considering you have inclined every action towards the only possibility of the function you assigned it to, the perception is influenced by delusion.

MBTI
    TiNe

@whatever - Why is it not also possible that said 'adjustments' are also telling signs about you, and elicit cues?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    @whatever - Why is it not also possible that said 'adjustments' are also telling signs about you, and elicit cues?
    because those could go any direction... you never know what way someone's going to compensate for something... it'd be a shot in the dark trying to figure out what's the front and what's behind and why what is being used
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Rasofy - Thanks for taking a look. That's primarily what I was focusing on.
    I think you got whatever, Vasilisa and Marmie Dearest right.
    With Ginkgo, I think you mistook Inferior Ne for Dominant Se; with GempopGem, I think you put too much focus on her Te.
    Couldn't see cascadesco's video, but she just can't be a Ne-dom. (Perhaps she had drank too much coffee that day? lol)
    I think you are on the right way, but ya need some tuning. Good luck.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Compartmentalising a person into a type and fully relating every action seen towards the four functions of that type is a terrible method, and considering you have inclined every action towards the only possibility of the function you assigned it to, the perception is influenced by delusion.
    +100000

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Hello,

I am part of a team that is currently developing a physiognomy methodology tied to cognition. Our project is presently in a researching - Beta - phase, where we are seeking to identify patterns among people and their facial, body and vocal expressions, but we would like to share with you our present finds and obtain your feedback & ideas.

This an introductory guide to identifying the eight cognitive functions visually as well as a person's psychological Type. Though we are still in a developmental phase, we are quite confident that this methodology is already far more accurate at type-identification than any existing testing methods, and we are more than happy to assist others in the discovery of their type, as well as the learning of our methodology up to this point. We hope you enjoy this introduction guide.

Extroverted Intuition

ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    TiNe

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    How so? Please be more specific.

If you are not really arguing the validity of the specific cues presented, but the concept itself of being able to identify cognition through visual manifestation; then that is itself making the assumption that people of the same types will not share significant visual manifestations. How would you justify this stance?

So long as we're disputing the theoretical merit of such an approach, then I think we can't know that there is or isn't a correlation without doing actual investigation both ways. It could be true that people of the same types manifest entirely differently, entirely similar, a mix of both, or types may not exist altogether.

Also, note that not all actions are cues. The guide is built upon only those patterns that showed themselves to be consistent across all the types that share certain processes. Some cues are specific to functions, others are specific to classes (Ji, Je, Pi, Pe), others are family specific (T/F, S/N), and some are not related to any process.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

How so? Please be more specific.

If you are not really arguing the validity of the specific cues presented, but the concept itself of being able to identify cognition through visual manifestation; then that is itself making the assumption that people of the same types will not share significant visual manifestations. How would you justify this stance?

So long as we're disputing the theoretical merit of such an approach, then I think we can't know that there is or isn't a correlation without doing actual investigation both ways. It could be true that people of the same types manifest entirely differently, entirely similar, a mix of both, or types may not exist altogether.

Also, note that not all actions are cues. The guide is built upon only those patterns that showed themselves to be consistent across all the types that share certain processes. Some cues are specific to functions, others are specific to classes (Ji, Je, Pi, Pe), others are family specific (T/F, S/N), and some are not related to any process.
    the entire system has limited itself by having a set of 16 neat little types with hierarchies of functions in use by each one... the world isn't made up of neat little lines and convenient boxes into which things fit... the real world is messy, unpredictable and surprising, why should our minds be all orderly?

the MBTI is just an oversimplified view on things that can get people interested, but the more you look at it the more you realize its limitations... people don't fit into neat little boxes, they don't use the functions in the strengths and orders into which they are so painstakingly put by the people who come up with these apparent "types" functions that traditionally aren't paired because "they shouldn't be" can work perfectly harmoniously together, but people usually ignore that possibility

you can only explain so much with a flawed system... the need to have convenient labels for things and the inability of the average mind to grasp very large quantities of possibilities has gotten us stuck with a system of 16 types... that's really not enough in the least