MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Hi there. From this video you appear to also be: Te(Si): ESTJ

You are definitely a discernment (T/F) lead, with your mind primarily concerned about the logical and ethical arrangement of the world and one's individual self. Information is a tool to those ends, and for you that comes from Si+Ne, I think.

The Si+Ne duality works as a dialogue between stored information and the manipulation of that information into new forms that can better serve the purpose of truth-forming. Truth: both morally and logically.

Wouldn't the bolded be Fi? Also WAT? Haha, wow... if your descritpions of the types are completely different to the MBTI types and ESTJ more closely resembles ENFP (in mbti terms) then yeah i'll give you ESTJ. Damn i wish i was more ESTJ-ish at times... they get so much done.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Maybe he's on to something. I remember the last guy who came in here with another "physical" typology theory, and typed me ITP (which I didn't consider then). And some of us argued with him to the point that he left the site. It pissed me off because he was insistent about it, and didn't know anything about me.. Yet here I am now, typing ISTP.

It's no substitute for coming to your own conclusions though. One major fault of socionics VI to me is not the idea itself, but that it's practitioners get lazy. They have no rationale for why they type things other than the visual methods, or don't offer a secondary arguments about function usage to prove it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Maybe he's on to something. I remember the last guy who came in here with another "physical" typology theory, and typed me ITP (which I didn't consider then). And some of us argued with him to the point that he left the site. It pissed me off because he was insistent about it, and didn't know anything about me.. Yet here I am now, typing ISTP.
    Yeah, well the last person here thought that I was an ENXJ, so no correlation there!

Even more fun? Have other people come up with input on what you're like... A different type yet! what an adventure!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Typing one person correctly isn't enough to convince me when the theory he claims it's based on makes no sense.

MBTI
    TiNe

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Wouldn't the bolded be Fi? Also WAT? Haha, wow... if your descritpions of the types are completely different to the MBTI types and ESTJ more closely resembles ENFP (in mbti terms) then yeah i'll give you ESTJ. Damn i wish i was more ESTJ-ish at times... they get so much done.
    Well, the Te(SiNe)Fi type would be more cognitively similar to Fi(NeSi)Te. But this is referring to the way they experience their reality and identity. As far as manifestation they'd still be quite dissimilar.

Perhaps one of my colleagues can give you a second opinion. Though the functions are definitely correct. :)
    It's also not uncommon for Te(Si) to be in touch with their Ne. Take for instance Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus and Madonna. Or the vast Avatar universe that emerged from James Cameron's mind, all of which are also Te(Si).

Having said that, you do have a lot of Ne Momentum. But it is a momentum that does not overtake the body with it's fluidity. Instead it bubbles under the more rigid/directive frame of your Te. An Ne dominant experiences a visceral flow of thoughts and navigates through reality very much the way a breeze navigates itself.

I hope that explains a bit. Of course, you're free to doubt, but I do believe if you give it a bit more thought you might come to see it. But don't use the profiles, look instead more at the cognitive functions and how they operate psychically. How they manifest (i.e. organized/planned) habits in reality, is secondary.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Hello! Oh my, lots of reads. This is awesome.
    You are definitely Ne(Fi) : ENFP.
    I'm also quite confident in this read.

Ne(Fi) are primarily data-collectors, data-manipulators and synthesizers. Most of the time this happens intuitively, as their minds are constantly in a stream-of-consciousness and viewing the environment constantly in the abstract: every object eludes to a different thing. Because Ne is connected to Si, they are also often trivia kings/queens. The more facts they know the easier it is for them to surf through them and draw connections.

It is also a misconception that the are "extroverts". Ne is stimulus-oriented but is often able to satiate that need with it's own thoughts alone. Though, it'll still manifest a level of restlessness and natural energy in the body. The user may not enjoy talking with other people (using other people as stimuli) but will generally find another creative outlet to engage with and often be consumed with/by.
    Well...that's a very surprising verdict, but I'm afraid I'd make a very sad version of an ENFP (I don't at all perceive, execute, or interact w/ what's around me the same as ENxP's I know of; I mean, my life story is very un-ENxP) .. but thanks for checking the video out!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Well, I suppose one out of hundred isn't bad.
    Granted, Auburn and I also agreed with my assessment of strong Judging + Ne, with strong Articulation and strong Ne-associated traits. Je + Ne (plus some Ni) describe me pretty well inward and, apparently, outward as well.

The only problem is that the way the JCF system lays out the functions into types and the way we subsequently tie those types to behaviors and characteristics sucks. In order to reconcile Je > Ne, I'd be forced to type myself as an ESxJ. I'm not against it, of course, but the traditional characteristics of that type don't describe me well at all.

Perhaps if we looked at the types differently, the typings would make more sense.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Granted, Auburn and I also agreed with my assessment of strong Judging + Ne, with strong Articulation and strong Ne-associated traits. Je + Ne (plus some Ni) describe me pretty well inward and, apparently, outward as well.

The only problem is that the way the JCF system lays out the functions into types and the way we subsequently tie those types to behaviors and characteristics sucks. In order to reconcile Je > Ne, I'd be forced to type myself as an ESxJ. I'm not against it, of course, but the traditional characteristics of that type don't describe me well at all.

Perhaps if we looked at the types differently, the typings would make more sense.
    Yes, the two people that this has sort of worked for find it completely plausible. It reminds me of astrology.

I mean they typed @HelenOfTroy as an ESTJ and @cascadeco as an ENFP. Two people that are thoughtful and knowledgable about the system. And what cracks me up the most is how easily words like "clearly" are being tossed around. "you are clearly x type.)

I have an inkling that there is a decent percentage of people who have typed themselves incorrectly for whatever reason, but these two people as small examples, Lolz no. or the fact that 90% of the people in this thread have supposedly typed themselves wrong? Not likely.

MBTI
    TiNe

@Ginkgo - Your psychological type is Se(Ti), roughly correlating to ESTP.
    Hmm.. I'm not too sure about your type.

I think you may be a perception-lead. In this video it seems you were a bit low on energy, but your body still gave off the 'uneasy' signs that accompany Se momentum. Your eyes often zone-out into Ni, and your face remains deadpan for the majority of the video. There are some moments of Fe expressiveness but it is easily neutralized by Ti and your face cools back down.

A celebrity that kinda reminds me of you:
    Sam Worthington: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXujTKIrUR0
    Last edited by Auburn; 04-14-2012 at 03:20 AM.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Yes, the two people that this has sort of worked for find it completely plausible. It reminds me of astrology.

I mean they typed @HelenOfTroy as an ESTJ and @cascadeco as an ENFP. Two people that are thoughtful and knowledgable about the system. And what cracks me up the most is how easily words like "clearly" are being tossed around. "you are clearly x type.)

I have an inkling that there is a decent percentage of people who have typed themselves incorrectly for whatever reason, but these two people as small examples, Lolz no. or the fact that 90% of the people in this thread have supposedly typed themselves wrong? Not likely.
    I'm just calling attention to another data point--I don't intend to say that this system is absolutely correct because it rang somewhat true for me. After all, as I say, Ne + Je makes sense for me; ESxJ absolutely does not.

I think that this has promise as a tool to dig into the roots of people via surface-level traits, but that it might very well fare better if either (a) it cut the string that tied it to JCF/MBTI, or (b) we all completely revised how we looked at types. One of these is easier to pull off than the other.

Hell, I personally don't think that JCF is in and of itself the right way to view typology, let alone any extension of it--but that's just me.