User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wow, this is so insane that I think I'm going to make a type me video just to see how wrong you are! Go ahead and get your preconceptions going, lol.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    What does Ti have to do with it? o.O
    I value the intuitive process much more than you may think...
    The Ti implication was personalised towards you. I took to assume you were an INTP and so the way you displayed the process of typing was assumed to be Ti-based.
    I respect the limitation of Ti. I think this thread, post #7 in particular, may help you explain just how I am approaching this matter. But really the whole thread has important information on the methodology.

be back in a bit~
    Being myself a discernment-lead (and thus having a mathematical mind) I have a precise brain and the inclination is, quite like ElvenVeil, to create a crystalline methodology - one that can most perfectly grasp the reality of a thing. I reason best from a few, well understood premises, than from a mountain of subtle premises.

But I also realize we are, here in this project, endeavoring in what may be perhaps the most visceral/intuitive practice. And thus, the intuitive mind is of greatest value here more than any place. People-reading involves keeping track of so many variables that it is impossible to annotate them all and quantify them.
    Yes, this is as I was mentioning beforehand. I'm glad this was thought through. And the method to create:
    And so likewise, I think that in this endeavor, we need, more than a good methodology, keen eyesights. We need subjectivity that can be depended on to be accurate and well-formed in its paradigm. That, however, doesn't mean an attempt at a methodology cannot be made.

I think that the approach that would be most ideal is for the forefront of this project to be done in the visceral, and while the visceral mind crusades into these patterns -- those of us with more precise brains can systematize those things that slowly reveal themselves to be most consistent. Solidify the patterns that are most well established. But allow for the intuitive process to flow -- although not completely unchecked of course. There needs to be a dialogue between both, which is why we need both types of brains on this project.
    Ah, you understand what complexity the methodology you wish to make gives you. You wish to make the winning probable factor based on many intuitive processes of many different minds the labelling of the type. Even then, you have to consider the probability of the other functions also. If what you believed to be Ne was Fe and what you believed to be Ni was Ti, etc. you have a massive issue simplifying the patterns to one or the other. To make the methodology on an accurate level of concrete based labelings, you would have to discern a mass number of those of a probability of a very high level of certainty of their type. Have multiple examiners examine every one of the individuals. The examiners would have to be able to give strong intuitive based assumptions. So even examination of the examiners would have to be brought about. Best with the accuracy level of typing those with over 95% certainty of their type.

A large database of actions with many visual representations of the actions itself would have to be made. Then the probability factors of the functions each of those actions convey, where one would say it would have a 50% possibility of Ne, 30% probability of Fe, 20% probability of Se, etc.
    Discerning the accuracy of the probability numbers will take a great amount of time and analysis including the 'why's, 'how's and 'what's. The mood of the individual at their certain times and the changes in the probability of the function used at those times of mood in themselves. You have subconscious habits of individuals which must also be taken to thought, many of which are brought about by mirroring rather than the psychological process of the individual themselves. Putting it all in an accurate concrete fashion will take a large amount of time and effort with lots of probability factoring.

When looking at the method you used to type cascadeco I had observed the actions otherwise to the functions you portrayed. You had not considered the probability of the other functions and why they cause the certain expressions like the confusion for what one could see as Ne instead of Fe, the subconscious habits learnt, the way in which someone would say something, the holding of the breath with the voice coming out louder than usual, whether an action indicates a different set of portrayal and of course, the true psychological standpoint behind the actions used. It was simply labelled to your personal thought of what it conveyed based on unclear patterns. There are far more variables to take in and considering you had not given a single function out of line of ENFP means the accuracy needs to be greatly revised.

MBTI
    TiNe

@thread -

Thank you so much for all for your feedback on everything and for taking the time with your videos. I really do appreciate it. I apologize for coming across so certain/firm at first; I feel terribly embarrassed now about some of the things I said. I hope you might pardon any premature assumptions I may have made. It was bad of me to be so confident from only a single video.

This was only intended to be an experimental, beta, presentation with the hopes of getting some feedback and see how these concepts measure among other people - and I do see areas for improvement now. I/we will continue to research, try to patch the holes, and attempt to improve the methodology.

Thanks once again for all your thoughts and contributions. <3
    And again, my sincerest apologies.

I'll be heading out of this thread now.
    Mods please feel free to close this thread if you'd like.
    Take care guys

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I know you said you were holding off on typing videos for a while but I'd very much appreciate it if you took a gander at this one. You can see it here.
    Is someone mowing the carpet in your room with a lawn mower?

No offence intended to any carpets.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    with GempopGem, I think you put too much focus on her Te.
    In regards to this @Auburn have you thought about the idea that extroverted judging functions are far easier to spot being as how they are more expressive?

This is a vast oversimplification of what I want to get across but I dont want to write 3 pages worth of explanation.

Of course I assume you already know this stuff and im just throwing this out on some baseless assumption that I could add something to this discussion.

In the case of @HelenOfTroy if she does have the functional lineup of an ENFP, then Te will be present as a tertiary function.

Of course I know your stance on MBTI and I personally see a few flaws with it myself. Also to add to this my understanding was that this theory has a focus on the cognitive functions as observed through facial patterns, but the thing is that this stems from jung's work so I dont know whether you factor in the dominant/aux/ter/inferior theory or not.

Of course this lack of information stems from my laziness as I ought to read more on your website.

But to me this is an example where the 4 function theory makes some sense.

ps: No idea how I double posted. Could have sworn I was editing that post above.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

@HelenOfTroy

Thanks. Perhaps lock (?)

It's a fun project

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    @thread -

Thank you so much for all for your feedback on everything and for taking the time with your videos. I really do appreciate it. I apologize for coming across so certain/firm at first; I feel terribly embarrassed now about some of the things I said. I hope you might pardon any premature assumptions I may have made. It was bad of me to be so confident from only a single video.

This was only intended to be an experimental, beta, presentation with the hopes of getting some feedback and see how these concepts measure among other people - and I do see areas for improvement now. I/we will continue to research, try to patch the holes, and attempt to improve the methodology.

Thanks once again for all your thoughts and contributions. <3
    And again, my sincerest apologies.

I'll be heading out of this thread now.
    Mods please feel free to close this thread if you'd like.
    Take care guys
    Another one bites the dust.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

there were this mojo dojo cult guys at perc at time and they claimed to be able to read type based on the mojo of people, which was basically about reading the body language, expressions and wording of sentences. the more advanced people of the cult claimed that they had like 99% success rate of typing accurately solely on this mojo thing. personally i think the success rate was quite exaggerated, but i do think that you can at times read people correctly solely on body language and usage of words, however, i dont think its all that reliable way. (would be cool to be proven wrong tho). i have learned to notice NFPs for example immediately, when they get excited and laugh(its like their eyes light up and smile wider than any mouth has ever smiled in human history). this is stronger in ENFPs and ENFPs do this easier than INFPs, and are less restrained in the expression. how ever a shy ENFP in company of strangers vs INFP in company of trusted friends might make the ENFP more restrained in the expression, so it kinda depends and determining ENFP vs INFP based on this requires further analysis..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I'd like to help you guys. If you need it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

man why so harsh on the op. i thought it was interesting. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison