User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default I'm Feeling Loopy (Dom-Tert loops of all types)

The purpose of this thread is to describe what dominant tertiary loops are like. These are the loops for each of the types:

ISTJ - SiFi
    ISFJ - SiTi
    INFJ - NiTi
    INTJ - NiFi
    ISTP - TiNi
    ISFP - FiNi
    INFP - FiSi
    INTP - TiSi
    ESTP - SeFe
    ESFP - SeTe
    ENFP - NeTe
    ENTP - NeFe
    ESTJ - TeNe
    ESFJ - FeNe
    ENFJ - FeSe
    ENTJ - TeSe

Please weigh in your thoughts generally on the subject or specific loops indicated above.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm a little confused about what you're wanting here. Maybe you could start us off by talking about INTJs and their NiFi loop.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

It seems like second nature to get me off on an Ni-Ti loop. If I'm given a book to read, or some type of concept to ponder, it just goes. Constantly fusing connections between the inner conceptual world along with my inner logical system... does concept A fit B, how does C relate to A? It's like I end up creating an inner classification system of different trains of thought I go through. I liken Ti as the filing system cataloging my inner stream of consciousness. It makes sense of the concepts I am studying, seeks connection between the concepts, and once the connection is found, then I find deeper insight to a problem I am solving or something I am studying.

The trouble is, sometimes with Ni-Ti, I can get so easily lost pondering such concepts or ideas that I want to do that I end up spending more time thinking of it and I end up getting sucked into the black hole of time and space. I could be sitting there studying a topic, or toying around with musical ideas and other creative pursuits that I lose track of exactly how much time I am spending on it in real life. Hours could go by, and I know that I have to do something, but I get easily engrossed within the Ni-Ti loop. It becomes like fuel for the mental fire.... goes around. It may make me less interactive with others as a result. I could be in a conversation with someone online, and get zoned in on what I am doing, and they'd be sitting there waiting for me to respond.

Ni-Ti loops are fun when it's coming up with insights, but they aren't so fun when stressed out and I end up focusing on what might happen... which might be unlikely, but I just end up worrying about what could happen if A took place. It may make me see things that just aren't there, reading too deep into simple things. Tendency to overthink, overanalyze things to the point that I am not even present to them. That's the ugly side of Ni-Ti loops. But when it's an inner mental playground, it's great, and fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Are there links to each of these loop descriptions?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm a TiNi, and that involves me thinking very deeply about something, and then the pieces fuse together for the inner realization to strike like flash of lightning.

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

negative/out-of-control FiSi loop: To use a really stupid metaphor, it's like constantly ripping open my own wounds (or picking scabs, depending on the severity). Reliving painful memories (many of them from long-past experiences), futilely looking for some kind of new understanding or closure by looping it over and over in my brain when in reality the best thing to do would probably be to accept that some things will never heal 100% (such is life), but that I should at least let them partially heal by moving forward, engaging with the present, and finding new possibilities (using Ne).

When I'm in FiSi mode, the present and the future don't seem quite as real as the past. It feels like being imprisoned in this gallery of (often exaggerated) negative memories and ideas that I find are somehow related to my core fears about myself and life in general. I don't want to go into detail about my own, but I know an INFP in real life who fears that she is unlovable, and when she goes into FiSi mode she fixates on her past experiences that in her own mind confirm that others find her unlovable while ignoring evidence to the contrary. It's like she fixates on certain parts of her past to form a tragic story about herself, and I can relate to this.

I also get really fixated on routines like an unhealthy ISxJ.

However, I find that FiSi in moderation feels like an "anchor" for me; it's only when it goes on too long that it becomes something ugly.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Would be interested to hear how Te-Ne loops work for ENFPs.

For me, it works as barreling through projects with great efficiency and enthusiasm and no regard for priority. Distracting myself with items 20 and 21 on my to do list because they're FUN and CREATIVE, even though items 1 and 2 are due in fifteen minutes.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

For me, it works as barreling through projects with great efficiency and enthusiasm and no regard for priority. Distracting myself with items 20 and 21 on my to do list because they're FUN and CREATIVE, even though items 1 and 2 are due in fifteen minutes.
    That sounds A LOT like my dad.

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

In a nutshell, Ne-Te leads (for me anyway) to endless brainstorming of possibilities, indecision because at the end all options are worthy in their own way, being scattered between numerous activities or projects and not being able to prioritize easily and to complete any of them (just for example, I can start reading ten books in the same week but rarely finish them until several weeks or months, not to mention that I'll start other books in the meantime and so on...).
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I get Ni-Fi loops when i am tired - which is in the evening mainly - or exposed to something very stressful.

I have overdeveloped Fi for an INTJ as it is, but can usually put a break on it to some extent. At these times it just comes too much though...it's when I start to get upset, lash out at people, and make huge numbers of assumptions without thinking them though. I also become emotionally needy/sensitive which makes everyone run, and that just makes me more upset.

Dom-tert loops are never fun, and I am vulnerable due to how devaloped my Fi is. It is also why I always get typed as an INFJ by online tests, even though I know I am not one.