User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Um, there's a whole INFJ doorslam thread. Could we keep this one about non-INFJs?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Society

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Um, there's a whole INFJ doorslam thread. Could we keep this one about non-INFJs?
    have i ever told you about the time i doorslammed a horse?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I know an INTP who adopted a strategy he called "the fizzle". He was over a person and told her so. He told her that he wouldn't be continuing their association and just stopped interacting with her. He hoped she would get the message without a lot of drama. (It didn't work well, he ended up having to be pretty confrontational to get the other person to move on). I guess that could be like a doorslam though there wasn't a lot of emotion of any kind attached to it.

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    have i ever told you about the time i doorslammed a horse?
    I think we need a whole thread about ENTPs doorslamming horses!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Everybody knows that only INFJs doorslam people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    Everybody knows that only INFJs doorslam people.
    Well...yeah. But let's pretend for just a little while that this thread exists in a magical world where other types doorslam too!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

garbage

Seriously, I know the extreme improbability of ANY other type doing this, as INFJs apparently have a monopoly on it.
    Hahaha. Typology rules.

I'm not one to burn bridges very easily, for multiple reasons. I've often 're-hired' people after they've gotten their stuff together because re-hiring them was a very practical and worthwhile option and because I do not give up easily on people permanently. I have also been thankful to people with similar policies--like my mentor, who I shut out at 18 and started talking to again at 26 after reexamining my life and maturing a bit. I'm open to talking to most people years after we've had big arguments; some people don't grow, but some people do.

Some people take more convincing than others to get me to let them back in, though; some to the point of me 'almost surely' never talking to them again. Usually, it's less "making a concerted effort to put a wall up between us" and more "it's not worth the hassle to try to establish a relationship with them." The 'doorslam' typically happens when the other party's no longer interested, as I don't bother to force much contact after that (not much of a doorslam, really). I don't believe in forcing people to get along, and I don't need their approval to live my life anyway, so there's no reason to bother with harmony for harmony's sake.

I've had exactly one toxic relationship that I had to put a stop to, and I'm even open to reexamining that when the time is right.

Well...yeah. But let's pretend for just a little while that this thread exists in a magical world where other types doorslam too!
    I'll do so. But only for fear of your proclivity for doorslamming.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I suppose I have used the described doorslam behavior in the past.
    However, I have an INFJ mother that I may or may not have picked this up from as a coping technique, sooooooo....
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I know an INTP who adopted a strategy he called "the fizzle". He was over a person and told her so. He told her that he wouldn't be continuing their association and just stopped interacting with her. He hoped she would get the message without a lot of drama. (It didn't work well, he ended up having to be pretty confrontational to get the other person to move on). I guess that could be like a doorslam though there wasn't a lot of emotion of any kind attached to it.
    I think trying to explain why I'm removing the person of my life just generates more drama and defensiveness. Also, I really hate being in a pitiful position. I can't see myself saying ''You did this and this to me, and it hurt me''.
    Why would I want to expose weaknesses to people I now barely care about? So I just avoid them and let their find their own reasons. I'd rather leave them thinking I'm a snobbish mofo than an oversensitive chicken-wuss.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------