• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The use of MBTI in 'The Sims'

Ethanescence

MBTI Type
INFP
I found this image. It's from The Sims on Google Play (android game).

I thought it was an interesting coincidence that they had 16 personalities. So I attempted to type them, based on their descriptions.

1zf3gox.png

I interpreted "crazy" to mean "crazy scientist".

Do you guys think that MBTI was referenced in the creation of these personalities? Or just coincidence?

Ingrid in grids

No INFJ Sims. I see how it is.

Anyway, here are the original (Sims 3) traits:
Absent-minded
Ambitious
Angler
Artistic
Athletic
Bookworm
Brave
Charismatic
Childish
Clumsy
Commitment Issues
Computer Wiz
Couch Potato
Coward
Daredevil
Dislikes Children
Easily Impressed
Evil
Excitable
Family Oriented
Flirty
Friendly
Frugal
Genius
Good
Great Kisser
Green-Tumb
Grumpy
Handy
Hates the Outdoors
Heavy Sleeper
Hopeless Romantic
Hot-Headed
Hydrophobic
Inappropriate
Insane
Kleptomaniac
Light Sleeper
Loner
Loser
Loves the Outdoors
Lucky
Mean
Mooch
Natural Cook
Neat
Neurotic
Never Nude
No Sense of Humour
Over-emotional
Party Animal
Perfectionist
Schmoozer
Slob
Snob
Technophobe
Un-flirty
Unlucky
Vegetarian
Virtuoso
Workaholic

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The expansion packs add a lot of new traits too, I think it's kind of amusing to tailor my sims into stereotypes of different mbti types ;P

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:D

I'd have INTP as geek, INTJ as villain, and ENTP as crazy.... but your way works too :p

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I often play Sims intending for them to be a certain MBTI type. If I could pick traits for myself, they'd be Natural Born Performer, Animal Lover, Bookworm, Artistic, and (oddly enough) Loner. I definitely feel overwhelmed in giant crowds and the "Too Many People" moodlet fits how I feel. There's also one right before Sims perform with the Natural Born Performer trait that tells you they're really excited, which is exactly how I feel before a show!!

An ESTJ Sim would probably be Ambitious, Athletic, Dislikes Art, Workaholic, and Perfectionist. :D

G

Ginkgo

I think it is a coincidence, since many of the names of the personalities could easily be interchanged to fit other MBTI types. The only clear correspondence is the fact there are 16.