• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne or Ni

Ne or Ni

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my personality psychology professor originally, then i noticed it was said in jungs book 'man and his symbols' and he says the same thing, but worded slightly differently in that interview you are referring to elsewhere.

That's true, and the interesting thing is that it defeats your point that "Contemplating on meaning is T activity," since it is necessary to think in order to determine where something came from and where it is going.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The OP's quote seems like Ni, but only because the functions are defined too narrowly and stereotypically--it mentions prophecy, dreams, and forecasting, so, well.. yeah, Ni; why not.

Some of the other quotes seem like a "good mixture of functions," which really just means that they come from a mature, integrated perspective.

With Jung it is easy to spot the primacy of mythos over logos, where the mythos forms the collective unconscious and logos is an individual matter. If Jung defined things stereotypically then that shows his thinking was a weak and dependent function. None of it even comes close to meeting my own high standards of logos.

For example, from "Man and His Symbols" Jung argues that mythological ideas weren't invented, they were already there. However, his argument relies on the etymology of "invent" which has its roots in "to find." Therefore, the shoddy Jung argument goes, ideas were "found" lying around apparently in the collective unconscious of primitive man.

G

garbage

With Jung it is easy to spot the primacy of mythos over logos, where the mythos forms the collective unconscious and logos is an individual matter. If Jung defined things stereotypically then that shows his thinking was a weak and dependent function. None of it even comes close to meeting my own high standards of logos.

For example, from "Man and His Symbols" Jung argues that mythological ideas weren't invented, they were already there. However, his argument relies on the etymology of "invent" which has its roots in "to find." Therefore, the shoddy Jung argument goes, ideas were "found" lying around apparently in the collective unconscious of primitive man.

That's an interesting definition of "invent." It reminds me of Lenore's concept of Ne, where patterns are "already present in the universe" waiting for someone to find them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's an interesting definition of "invent." It reminds me of Lenore's concept of Ne, where patterns are "already present in the universe" waiting for someone to find them.

It also begs the question of how those unconscious ideas became conscious in primitive man in the form of myths and legends.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's true, and the interesting thing is that it defeats your point that "Contemplating on meaning is T activity," since it is necessary to think in order to determine where something came from and where it is going.

Intuition doesent require thinking analysis, cba to explain why since i have already explained it so many times. I suggest reading these topics http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-other-personality-matrices/53137-ne-si.html and http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...n-view-8-function-beebean-lenorean-model.html

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for sparing me, since brain areas and their interactions is not the same as the theory of functions and their interactions. The cerebro-cerebellar pathways attempt to bring optimal efficiency to cognition, but this doesn't seem to fit well with "where has it been and where is it going."

Dig deeper

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dig deeper

"Working memory" is only short-term memory. Are you saying this has something to do with introverted sensation? There is also an anticipatory mechanism in the brain. But it's a stretch to say that these have anything to do with functions.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Working memory" is only short-term memory. Are you saying this has something to do with introverted sensation? There is also an anticipatory mechanism in the brain. But it's a stretch to say that these have anything to do with functions.

I told i cba to educate you with this as its such an complicated thing, look up some studies about cognitive processes of cerebellum, its reasonably new discovery, so there isnt too much info around and some early studies might not cover all essential things, but you should find some interesting things if you google. I know what working memory is and im not saying that it has anything more to do with Si than it does with Ti or other functions that are being directed.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I told i cba to educate you with this as its such an complicated thing, look up some studies about cognitive processes of cerebellum, its reasonably new discovery, so there isnt too much info around and some early studies might not cover all essential things, but you should find some interesting things if you google. I know what working memory is and im not saying that it has anything more to do with Si than it does with Ti or other functions that are being directed.

All you say is cba cba cba. So I doubt that there is anything out there and I cba to waste further time with researching this.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
All you say is cba cba cba. So I doubt that there is anything out there and I cba to waste further time with researching this.

Not my problem. If you are not interested, then dont research