• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If the world was composed only by one type...

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
EDIT: If the world WERE composed..., sorry guys.

Which type should it be?

I mean, from all sixteen myers-bryggs types, which one is the best indicated for being the single one in the world?
I know this is an absurd question, but've been wondering this, and I want to know what do you guys think.

I guess, if the world was composed by a bunch of ISFJs or even INFJs, the world would be a better place.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I guess, if the world was composed by a bunch of ISFJs or even INFJs, the world would be a better place.

Sure, the human population is burgeoning out of control, and endangered predators need more food to survive. It'd greatly help balance the ecosystem.

Seriously, though, types are complementary. If only one single type was take out of the picture, it'd be a great disadvantage to the humanity as a whole.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think that's possible because I think types come from roles we play. If I had to choose I think I would pick infps though

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EDIT: If the world WERE composed..., sorry guys.

Which type should it be?

I mean, from all sixteen myers-bryggs types, which one is the best indicated for being the single one in the world?
I know this is an absurd question, but've been wondering this, and I want to know what do you guys think.

I'd say ENFP. They can easily adapt (that's important), and they can be productive when they need to with Te. :yes:

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think that's possible because I think types come from roles we play. If I had to choose I think I would pick infps though

Oh, really? Why do you say that? :D

I personally think too many of us would be too passive and non-productive, and many of us would keep to ourselves. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I just don't think it could work on a universal level.

R

Riva

Which type should it be?

If the world was to be a better place?

I would say - ISFJs

Harmonious, understanding, non-judgmental, responsible, get things done, caring, peaceful etc.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION] I imagine it more like the nox from stargate sg-1 an idyllic warless paradise

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None, that scenario would just allow the worst of that one type to shine. :D

And they won't do anything about it because they don't see it as bad.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mildly extroverted ESFJ, if I had to pick a type.

G

garbage

I'm taking the cop-out answer, that it depends upon what our goals are and what we define as "better." Some of the types stereotypically think the world would be better if structure were removed and people were 'freer,' while some think that it would be better if some of the chaos that's out there were better organized. It's the balance and 'competition' (perhaps 'coopetition'?) among the ideas that are generated from these differing approaches that keep us moving along, but that keep any one approach in check and prevent it from dominating. Ideally, I wouldn't want everyone to think as I do, and, more generally, I wouldn't want everyone to think similarly.

If I were forced to choose, I'd say ENFJ because I personally value insight, cooperation, drive, and a degree of pragmatism--and I think that, if we're going to have one set of qualities embodied by everybody, that ought to be it. ISTJ would be a close second, and, in general, I'd pick most J types over most P types.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I were forced to choose, I'd say ENFJ because I personally value insight, cooperation, drive, and a degree of pragmatism--and I think that, if we're going to have one set of qualities embodied by everybody, that ought to be it. ISTJ would be a close second, and, in general, I'd pick most J types over most P types.

The problem with ENFJ is there is often a lack of stability. Besides, with teritary Ne, there is insight. I'd also pick feelers over thinkers, since it seems to be slightly easier for feelers to think impersonally, than for thinkers to think illogically.

Extroversion is nice, but too much of it is detrimental. Same with introversion. ISFJ was my close second.

I too would pick a J type over a P type for various reasons.

G

garbage

The problem with ENFJ is there is often a lack of stability.
[...]
I too would pick a J type over a P type for various reasons.
I can see that. Like you, I think stability is key--if we're to only have one type out there in the world, it probably ought to be a more stable one, because the unstable ones probably can't function well without the stable ones.

That is, the unstable types have some gifts to bring to the world, but they're only able to be harvested because there's some preexisting stability in this world.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No matter what type it is, the result isn't going to be pretty.

Stability vs. instability? Is this really the determining factor? Too much stability and the world stands still, or with the desire for stability intensified enough (with no one with a preference for chaos), society becomes something totalitarian. Not saying the preference for chaos would be much better for the world.... it would be fun while it lasted but, at some point that person guarding that big red button is going to get distracted by something...

It's diversity that saves the world.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Stability vs. instability? Is this really the determining factor? Too much stability and the world stands still, or with the desire for stability intensified enough (with no one with a preference for chaos), society becomes something totalitarian. Not saying the preference for chaos would be much better for the world.... it would be fun while it lasted but, at some point that person guarding that big red button is going to get distracted by something...

Right, so wouldn't ENFPs be the best at this? ENFPs seem to be the most diverse type. I'm not saying that having the world all one type is good by any means, I'm just saying that ENFPs would probably be the least bad.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Right, so wouldn't ENFPs be the best at this? ENFPs seem to be the most diverse type. I'm not saying that having the world all one type is good by any means, I'm just saying that ENFPs would probably be the least bad.

I don't see why there would be any more diversity within any particular type. ENFPs might have a tendency to most thrills from the idea of diversity but this is ironically something that makes them alike ;)

S

Society

is the OP planning typological political uprising? or is this the making of some planet-of-the-hats fiction?

let's face it, us intuitive types are almost self contained - creativity and progress are over estimated, really it's not entirely clear if we entertain anyone but ourselves, i am pretty sure we're mooching off the S types more then they are of us.
also, it is well documented by science and has being mathematically proven time and time again, Fi is the cancer of humanity, so none of that.
but the Si's will constantly be sucked into the memory of their beloved lost [insert non surviving types]...
and i am guessing a bunch of introverts won't be much of a corner stone for society...

that leaves us with either ESTP.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We had that already it was greek warrior society imo which I would not liked to have lived in

G

garbage

Well, right. My whole position is that it's our diversity that makes us whole but, if we're only to have one type out there, it has to be a stable one for us to even survive. This is not the same as saying that the stable types are the only capable, important, or relevant ones, or that they are the 'best' types--the unstable and experimental ones help us grow as a whole, for sure.

So, I suppose the question boils down to this: if we couldn't rely upon our diversity as a species, what set of traits would be ideal for all humans to have?