User Tag List

First 123 Last

garbage

I'm taking the cop-out answer, that it depends upon what our goals are and what we define as "better." Some of the types stereotypically think the world would be better if structure were removed and people were 'freer,' while some think that it would be better if some of the chaos that's out there were better organized. It's the balance and 'competition' (perhaps 'coopetition'?) among the ideas that are generated from these differing approaches that keep us moving along, but that keep any one approach in check and prevent it from dominating. Ideally, I wouldn't want everyone to think as I do, and, more generally, I wouldn't want everyone to think similarly.

If I were forced to choose, I'd say ENFJ because I personally value insight, cooperation, drive, and a degree of pragmatism--and I think that, if we're going to have one set of qualities embodied by everybody, that ought to be it. ISTJ would be a close second, and, in general, I'd pick most J types over most P types.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    If I were forced to choose, I'd say ENFJ because I personally value insight, cooperation, drive, and a degree of pragmatism--and I think that, if we're going to have one set of qualities embodied by everybody, that ought to be it. ISTJ would be a close second, and, in general, I'd pick most J types over most P types.
    The problem with ENFJ is there is often a lack of stability. Besides, with teritary Ne, there is insight. I'd also pick feelers over thinkers, since it seems to be slightly easier for feelers to think impersonally, than for thinkers to think illogically.

Extroversion is nice, but too much of it is detrimental. Same with introversion. ISFJ was my close second.

I too would pick a J type over a P type for various reasons.
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkist View Post
    The problem with ENFJ is there is often a lack of stability.
    [...]
    I too would pick a J type over a P type for various reasons.
    I can see that. Like you, I think stability is key--if we're to only have one type out there in the world, it probably ought to be a more stable one, because the unstable ones probably can't function well without the stable ones.

That is, the unstable types have some gifts to bring to the world, but they're only able to be harvested because there's some preexisting stability in this world.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

One more for ISFJ.
    We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality. - Judy Garland

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

No matter what type it is, the result isn't going to be pretty.

Stability vs. instability? Is this really the determining factor? Too much stability and the world stands still, or with the desire for stability intensified enough (with no one with a preference for chaos), society becomes something totalitarian. Not saying the preference for chaos would be much better for the world.... it would be fun while it lasted but, at some point that person guarding that big red button is going to get distracted by something...

It's diversity that saves the world.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post

Stability vs. instability? Is this really the determining factor? Too much stability and the world stands still, or with the desire for stability intensified enough (with no one with a preference for chaos), society becomes something totalitarian. Not saying the preference for chaos would be much better for the world.... it would be fun while it lasted but, at some point that person guarding that big red button is going to get distracted by something...

Right, so wouldn't ENFPs be the best at this? ENFPs seem to be the most diverse type. I'm not saying that having the world all one type is good by any means, I'm just saying that ENFPs would probably be the least bad.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Right, so wouldn't ENFPs be the best at this? ENFPs seem to be the most diverse type. I'm not saying that having the world all one type is good by any means, I'm just saying that ENFPs would probably be the least bad.
    I don't see why there would be any more diversity within any particular type. ENFPs might have a tendency to most thrills from the idea of diversity but this is ironically something that makes them alike

Society

is the OP planning typological political uprising? or is this the making of some planet-of-the-hats fiction?

let's face it, us intuitive types are almost self contained - creativity and progress are over estimated, really it's not entirely clear if we entertain anyone but ourselves, i am pretty sure we're mooching off the S types more then they are of us.
    also, it is well documented by science and has being mathematically proven time and time again, Fi is the cancer of humanity, so none of that.
    but the Si's will constantly be sucked into the memory of their beloved lost [insert non surviving types]...
    and i am guessing a bunch of introverts won't be much of a corner stone for society...

that leaves us with either ESTP.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

We had that already it was greek warrior society imo which I would not liked to have lived in

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post

Well, right. My whole position is that it's our diversity that makes us whole but, if we're only to have one type out there, it has to be a stable one for us to even survive. This is not the same as saying that the stable types are the only capable, important, or relevant ones, or that they are the 'best' types--the unstable and experimental ones help us grow as a whole, for sure.

So, I suppose the question boils down to this: if we couldn't rely upon our diversity as a species, what set of traits would be ideal for all humans to have?