First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Like those who self type as ISFJ and ISFP who are really ENxx.... too bad we never hear about them.
    No.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'd agree with you, except for the fact that the act of externalizing doesn't also help me learn better, it also allows me to figure out what I feel or think about things. It's not just about learning a new concept. As it is.. things outside myself feel real, things in my head feel malleable and nebulous. I need to establish some sort of feedback loop to be able to make an impression on myself.
    Yeah, right; you're wording this better. That's what I meant that supposedly externalizing our thoughts helps to understand them, whether or not that has to do with certain kinds of feelings or whatever. It does for me, but I consider myself highly introverted (in a healthy sense), so I just wanted to make that point so we don't assume things that aren't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    excelent question! do MBTI types diverse in their prefered learning methods?
    I don't know what to say...

I tend to think introverts are more cautious and need more assurance that they aren't going to be put on the spot or turned into a debating match.
    Extroverts don't seem to mind, perhaps preferring more direct and confrontational approaches? I've never really thought about this, so I don't expect this to make sense or be at all correct. What would you say?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Oh, and this too.
    Oh, and something else. I learn iteratively through an emergent process.

Let me think about something, go off and implement a part of it (or otherwise see it out of my head, such as in a graph or in a map), think about it some more, implement more of it, and so on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually this has been so insightful. The ONLY reason that I believe I could possibly be introverted is one that you managed to nail... I feel the most unconnected within group conversations. More so in sensor groups consisting a lot of "where, what, when, how" dialogue, but they also can be most humorous.

I initially typed myself as INFP when I joined this site, thinking that I was smarter than the test which persisted as ENFP lol.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Yeah, right; you're wording this better. That's what I meant that supposedly externalizing our thoughts helps to understand them, whether or not that has to do with certain kinds of feelings or whatever. It does for me, but I consider myself highly introverted (in a healthy sense), so I just wanted to make that point so we don't assume things that aren't true.
    in what way are you introverted?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Oh, and something else. I learn iteratively through an emergent process.

Let me think about something, go off and implement a part of it (or otherwise see it out of my head, such as in a graph or in a map), think about it some more, implement more of it, and so on.

That applies to me, aswell, and I'm ENTJ...in fact I hate when I have to deal with a job/situation where I need to do everything right from the start by following an extremely specific and detailed procedure.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That applies to me, aswell, and I'm ENTJ...in fact I hate when I have to deal with a job/situation where I need to do everything right from the start by following an extremely specific and detailed procedure.
    that's because you're a 7
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah. I figure that if you don't get feedback from the real world and adjust accordingly, your plans may be headed off in some terrible direction as the world smacks you down.

I like planning, starting from the general and delving into specifics, but we've gotta be adaptable in the execution of those plans because some specifics simply may not work. To dictate them upfront is absolutely absurd in many contexts. Down the line, their purposes become lost; they become mere checkboxes to check off and they are not connected to their original point.

Also, for me, it's easier for me to think, learn, and plan when I've got stimulus around me--my charts, graphs, plans, running programs, etc. that I've halfway implemented. They give me feedback and engage many different parts of my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    in what way are you introverted?
    I'd say it's true that the more sanely insane I become, the more extroverted I become, but I think it's more due to having enough answers to things that I don't feel the need to introvert as much anymore.
    Extroversion isn't that natural for me though either; I've spent a great deal of time adjusting my mind to being okay with it, which introversion and philosophy in particular has helped readjust beliefs and misconceptions about myself and the world; maybe in that sense, it's still extraversion, regardless. But it requires more focus than I would like. But perhaps that too doesn't really matter. Maybe this is the limit of using Jung's analytical types on something that it isn't intended to explain. Or maybe Jung would call this sort of thing a persona; I don't know.

Why? You think I should reconsider my position on extroversion? I'm never really decided on anything, just for the record; if I write like I am, it's just me following the standard, tl;dr, lazy formality of communication. I see inconsistencies and feel they need to be accounted for, otherwise it just feels like everyone is wearing a mask and doing what they believe best; perhaps that is the greatest truth, the dance of the divine.

Anyway, have any thoughts on how to clarify what I perceive as inconsistent?