Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    yeah i get what you're saying but i don't know if that Ne or Sx. maybe thats Sx. (but i can't tell the diff cause I'm sx-dom for sure)
    I think it's
    - Ne
    - Sp and Sx
    - So last
    - social introversion
    - misanthropy
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@BlackCat
    - you have a point, I need more friends who understand my views, agree with them or at least find them interesting. my past experience with group interaction tended to end in me doing all the talking and everyone resenting me for it.
    - essentially it's BECAUSE I'm an extrovert that I have trouble in group interactions. if someone else has more to say than me, as it often the case with my INTJ friend, I am perfectly content with listening more than talking (contrary to the stereotypes about us, ENFPs are usually VERY good listeners) but most of the time I just have a lot more to say than most people about a given subject.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

SingSmileShine

The most introverted Extravert types are arguably N types, and the most extraverted Introvert types are arguably S types. Ns tend to be more abstract and introspective. I know that I'm very outgoing, but I'm also found in my own head a lot and have to be brought back to Earth by friends. Often, when I'm at a social gathering, I'll be living in the moment and absorbing my situation, but there are other times at social gatherings where I'll be with friends, but in my head I'll be sitting there wondering what it would be like to have wings, or something.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I don't totally agree with all that was stated in the OP, and I wonder where the info came from; such as, "intuition works better one-on-one."

Offline: I'm publically confident, but socially shy; I prefer geeky topics. I'm pretty quiet and bored in groups where the topic of conversation is gossip or small talk, which is why I don't hang out in the chat rooms, but I wouldn't say I work better one-on-one, rather than in a group. Generally, I prefer to collaborate with a group. Yes, I'm private about personal matters and would only share them with a select few friends I trust. And I introvert when people get emotional; unlike my ENFP counter-part that might go in for a group hug and "awwww, it's okay." So, if I had to console someone's feelings, then yes, I would prefer to work one-on-one, as the consoling process is awkward for me.
    i'm the same actually. i don't really do feely talk....i mean short bits of that are fine but i'm not great at consoling others. i treat them how i'd like to be treated which is just an aww i'm sorry to hear that and move on to something else or leave them alone...my fi is pretty private.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Society

people seem to confuse 3 largely seperate definitions of I/E

the common usage - "how are you doing socially?" i find this to be way too contextual to define a person.

the Keirsey definition - "where do you get more energy from, being alone or being with other people?" i find that at least with me, this seems to be a false dichotonomy - there are periods in my life where it was there or there. maybe some people have an orientation ,but for me both "energy sources" can be tapped under different circumstances.

the MBTI definition - in theory it questions "do you look towards the outside to build your mental schemes from or your do you do it by looking inwards?" this works well with Fe & Fi, Se & Si, but becames a vague metaphor with Ne & Ni and Te & Ti. i have a few alternatives in the works...

i'd say for me the tipping point here is that i do my best internal-processing when i am conveying my ideas, thoughts or feelings to other people. you know the douchebag that just likes hearing himself talk a lot? that's me, i need to hear myself talk to process what i am talking about.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm the same actually. i don't really do feely talk....i mean short bits of that are fine but i'm not great at consoling others. i treat them how i'd like to be treated which is just an aww i'm sorry to hear that and move on to something else or leave them alone...my fi is pretty private.
    Do you feel anxiety? I feel paralyzed by anxiety when people are emo (sad). Last year, I was at a funeral for someone I barely knew. At the end of it, I had to walk past the loved ones and give condolences. I noticed people around me were so caring, even the nerdy 'thinker' guys, and all I could say with a grin and a nervous laugh was, "God bless you." They looked horrified. Fe fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    people seem to confuse 3 largely seperate definitions of I/E

the common usage - "how are you doing socially?" i find this to be way too contextual to define a person.

the Keirsey definition - "where do you get more energy from, being alone or being with other people?" i find that at least with me, this seems to be a false dichotonomy - there are periods in my life where it was there or there. maybe some people have an orientation ,but for me both "energy sources" can be tapped under different circumstances.

the MBTI definition - in theory it questions "do you look towards the outside to build your mental schemes from or your do you do it by looking inwards?" this works well with Fe & Fi, Se & Si, but becames a vague metaphor with Ne & Ni and Te & Ti. i have a few alternatives in the works...

i'd say for me the tipping point here is that i do my best internal-processing when i am conveying my ideas, thoughts or feelings to other people. you know the douchebag that just likes hearing himself talk a lot? that's me, i need to hear myself talk to process what i am talking about.
    If that's true, they've all managed to misinterpret Jung.

The thing with this sort of thing is that Jung's functions don't tell you how a function develops, but only what unconscious aspects follow that function usage.

Trying to correlate the types with an identity is misuse of the types. An extrovert can become introverted and for many reasons. Some people might always be highly introverted and also for many reasons. The point isn't to define yourself with it, but use it to understand your experiences.

So what you're describing might be related to one type of transition from extrovert to introvert. But there really isn't any one all-encompassing causation to derive from this transition alone.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    If that's true, they've all managed to misinterpret Jung.
    They did. Extraversion is simply a perceptual orientation towards information outside of one's self. Extraverted intuition, thinking and sensing might very well not be concerned about other people, even though since we're humans, they eventually have to.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    The thing with this sort of thing is that Jung's functions don't tell you how a function develops, but only what unconscious aspects follow that function usage.
    we can have a competition between jung and the bible - which one has more interpretations disagreeing with each other...

i am not sure if jung brought leeway for change between extroversion and introversion, but i don't think the MBTI does:
    an introvert becoming an extravert means your dominant function changes places with the auxilary, the teritary function changes places with the inferior, and if you add th extended version of the MBTI, then the same happens with the shadow functions (showing itself under stress). that's 4 major changes in how someone processes information... that's a hell of a drastic change.

compare that to the keirsey vresion, where (from my exp) its entirely possible for someone to drive energy from both socializing and being alone at different times in their lives, or the common use of I/E, where it's entirely someone shy who doesn't like public speaking might get over their fear and become a social butterfly, while someone who has spent a lot of time socializing might find their life empty and decidee to take some time to themselves.