User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Signs of Ni

Glycerine

If they have a knack for beating the dead horse.... but without the abundance of technicalities like Ti. lol

Magritte.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Ni doms always seem absent minded. not cause the mind isnt there, but cause it aint surfacial.

similar absentness is seen on all types who place Ni in their top three.

its as if the significant part is beneath, but easy to spot when you know what to look for.
    strong intuition is always the easiest to spot, since its the odd card in statistical sense.

i dont understand what all this is about, Ni is the easiest to spot right after Ne.
    Ne = look for explosions
    Ni = look for absorptions
    its huge difference. and bsides, Ni conclusions are always a result of deduction(of what is absorbed) while Ne throws new topics out of thin air to please itself.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    ...while Ne throws new topics out of thin air to please itself.

LMAO
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    Ni conclusions are always a result of deduction(of what is absorbed)
    THANK YOU.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Some oversimplified observations:

1. In casual interaction, Ne looks more like brainstorming to me, and Ni like prediction: what is possible vs. what is probable.

2. In physics, the INTP lends itself to developing theory and models; an exploration of all the possibilities, while INTJ lends itself to testing those theories through experimentation; what happens in the real world? Best results are when both types (and others) work together. My group has some of each. I know I give theory short shrift most of the time, but have colleagues who keep me honest. Similarly, I challenge them to show me any evidence for their theory or model, and we will work together to set up an experiment. (One of our most accomplished and dedicated experimentalists, though, is ISTP . . . it really does take all types.)

FWIW, my INTP finds Monty Python completely hilarious. I like it, too, but prefer The Capitol Steps.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    THANK YOU.
    As I told him via rep: "you're right about most of that, but you're wrong about the deduction part"

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

well, the whole definition of "deduction" seems a joke to me. its not like anyone would make a logical conclusion based on one condition, since each condition depends on another forming a network of conditions, consisting of thousands of conditions hidden in the subconscious mind for the ease of use.
    but when theres a condition which results to conclusions, even if thousands of conditions, wouldnt that count as deduction?

just my way of saying Ni is busy making a network of conditions (the pre-constructed system of information interpretation, whether flawed or not.) inside their heads which result into one final solution to the outside world.
    (you have to consider when fi/ti is excluded, it leaves only the information gathering parts not the decision of what the conclusion is. and that on the other hand, means you can only observe the process from inside. while it does show a lot of cues through their behavior if you know what to pick.)

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Heh. Valid reactions. But my real moment was this:

I have never known an xNTP who didn't laugh hysterically at this scene, never mind quote it (and other Monty Python skits) ad nauseum. xNFPs also tend to find the exchange hilarious.

I would agree, however, that most xNxPs wouldn't crack jokes like this. Monty Python is a style of humor fairly unique in the world. I used it due to its ubiquity in geek culture, as a common reference point, not because all Ne/Si types crack jokes like this.

I find the scene funny, but not as much as xNxPs appear to do.
    I had an INFP boyfriend that tried to get me into Monty Python. I didn't last past 3 viewings. I found it annoying.

And he did have a tendency to quote the skits.

Haven't read this whole thread...what about Ni in INFJs?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I had an INFP boyfriend that tried to get me into Monty Python. I didn't last past 3 viewings. I found it annoying.

And he did have a tendency to quote the skits.
    I think Python is hard to appreciate if you start with the shows. Not all of it is them at their best. Was that the case with you? Because the movies are hilarious.