User Tag List

First 263435363738 Last

Thread: Signs of Ni

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    INTJ Se-fail is not failing to see what is, but rather failing to be truly present in the moment with it. The classic examples are forgetting where we put things, not noticing the (almost literal) elephant in the room, and more broadly, just plain being so future focused in our own heads that we fail to notice and appreciate what is right there around us.
    bolded is about failing to see 'what is'. its funny that you failed to see that what i said was exactly what you said (i dont mean this in a mean way)

As for the highlighted, not only will people incorporate less preferred functions where needed, but no function operates in a vacuum, however much we like to discuss them in those terms. Functions work in concert, which influences how a given function is expressed in different types (e.g. Ni with Te vs. Fe)
    again you say the same thing as i do, but just word it differently

these mistakes are exactly what i was talking about; not using enough Se in the whole process, so Ni gets sort of detached(too much) from reality and the big picture from Ni is not as much in line with reality as it ought to be, leading to misconceptions and assumptions about reality(like here the mistake where you see me being wrong, when in reality your opinion is the same as mine)
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Ginkgo

One not using precise language doesn't mean one failed to see what is.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    these mistakes are exactly what i was talking about; not using enough Se in the whole process, so Ni gets sort of detached(too much) from reality and the big picture from Ni is not as much in line with reality as it ought to be, leading to misconceptions and assumptions about reality(like here the mistake where you see me being wrong, when in reality your opinion is the same as mine)

What is reality? Seriously, not to be all Philosophical, but I think reality is relative, and very subjective.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

bolded is about failing to see 'what is'. its funny that you failed to see that what i said was exactly what you said (i dont mean this in a mean way)

again you say the same thing as i do, but just word it differently
    Actually, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just adding to your comments, and elaborating on the simple observation "its the same as with INTJs and seeing what is(Se)".

But I didn't assume you were wrong. I just couldn't be sure we really were saying the same thing until I explained my perspective in more detail, and got some confirmation from you, same as in my exchange with AA. I am certainly guilty of the highlighted at times, but perhaps because I know that, I am very cautious about making assumptions in conversations. (Now if I don't have an opportunity to cross-check my understanding with you and I have to act, all bets are off. I will turn Ni/Te loose, make the best judgment I can, and carry on.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Actually, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just adding to your comments, and elaborating on the simple observation "its the same as with INTJs and seeing what is(Se)".

But I didn't assume you were wrong. I just couldn't be sure we really were saying the same thing until I explained my perspective in more detail, and got some confirmation from you, same as in my exchange with AA. I am certainly guilty of the highlighted at times, but perhaps because I know that, I am very cautious about making assumptions in conversations. (Now if I don't have an opportunity to cross-check my understanding with you and I have to act, all bets are off. I will turn Ni/Te loose, make the best judgment I can, and carry on.)
    you said this: "INTJ Se-fail is not failing to see what is". It means that you disagree with me, as i said that it is about failing to see 'what is'
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    What is reality? Seriously, not to be all Philosophical, but I think reality is relative, and very subjective.
    what i meant here is that, if there is a dog in front of you, and you say that it is a cat, you are wrong and you perceiving a cat there is not the reality that you are perceiving
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

you said this: "INTJ Se-fail is not failing to see what is". It means that you disagree with me, as i said that it is about failing to see 'what is'
    You seem very eager to find a disagreement where none exists (except as to whether there is a disagreement). I was making a distinction between (1) a complete failure to see, and (2) a manner of seeing that is not adequate or productive. Your comment was general enough to potentially encompass both, indeed any mode of Se-failure. I wanted to be more specific about exactly what failure mode I see/experience. Clarification and elaboration is not disagreement, especially when you confirm that "you say the same thing as I do".
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You seem very eager to find a disagreement where none exists (except as to whether there is a disagreement). I was making a distinction between (1) a complete failure to see, and (2) a manner of seeing that is not adequate or productive. Your comment was general enough to potentially encompass both, indeed any mode of Se-failure. I wanted to be more specific about exactly what failure mode I see/experience. Clarification and elaboration is not disagreement, especially when you confirm that "you say the same thing as I do".
    but you communicated disagreement(which didnt exist) by saying that INTJ Se failure is not about not seeing 'what is', its only natural that i read what you say and respond accordingly..

i thought it was obvious that i wasnt talking about going blind, deaf and losing all body sensations(after all, i was talking about Se, if i were talking about going blind/deaf, i would had said that INTJs fail to see all that are or that they go blind/deaf, but that would be so ridiculous and nothing to do with Se..), but about not registering certain things(or certain aspects of things) that are right in front of your face.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Ni dominant people should revel in the secrets of the cosmos!

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

what i meant here is that, if there is a dog in front of you, and you say that it is a cat, you are wrong and you perceiving a cat there is not the reality that you are perceiving

Agreed about not using enough Se. But sometimes things are not as they seem. So using just Se, or using Se primarily, might prohibit someone from seeing truth behind the scenes, which can present an alternate reality, if you will.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com