User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

Thread: Signs of Ni

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    Nietzsche deals with values and isn't really a system builder (off the top of my head). He also has mystical overtones.)
    Care to explain?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Care to explain?
    The better question would be how "dealing with values" signals to Fe rather than Fi (not to mention the fact that we're talking about the man's ideas/philosophy, which opens up territory beyond simply the functions), and why "having mystical overtones" signals to INFJ and not INTJ (of the many one-or-two-word descriptions I've seen for the types, one of them calls INTJs "The Mystical Scientists"). Anyway, @Reverie, I'm not trying to be mean, but your analysis is just really crude and simplistic, not to mention contrary to what most people believe; and, if you're gunna be a contrarian, you kinda have to have a lot more than what you've presented to back up your position). Also, if we wish to carry on this discussion, I think it would be better in its own thread titled 'Nietzsche: INTJ or INFJ?'.

Both INJs are mystics.

Cuckoo!

j/k How one expresses their thoughts to the world doesn't seem like it has much to do with mysticism either way. Emotiveness would be Fe, of course. But not mysticism.

So says I.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I was just trying to give her the chance to explain (since you didn't ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    The better question would be how "dealing with values" signals to Fe rather than Fi (not to mention the fact that we're talking about the man's ideas/philosophy, which opens up territory beyond simply the functions), and why "having mystical overtones" signals to INFJ and not INTJ (of the many one-or-two-word descriptions I've seen for the types, one of them calls INTJs "The Mystical Scientists").
    That was indeed my objective, but I couldn't ask her to make a thesis about how differently Fe and Fi users portray Nietzsche.
    But perhaps her reply could give us part of the answer. FWIW, I think Nietzsche is a clear INTJ.
    I had a friend, philosophy student, who believed that the quote ''The last christian died on the cross'' indicated Nietzsche was a Christian that was disappointed with the fact that the Christian principles aren't being followed. I think he is 100% wrong, but, judging by the quote alone, his theory makes some sense.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I was just trying to give her the chance to explain (since you didn't ).
    Yes, I knew what you were doing.

And why...

That was indeed my objective, but I couldn't ask her to make a thesis about how differently Fe and Fi users portray Nietzsche.
    But perhaps her reply could give us part of the answer.
    *tries to refrain from being a dick*

Let's just say "the herd" is certainly not an anti-Fi-user concept...

FWIW, I think Nietzsche is a clear INTJ.
    As do I. As do most people.

I am willing to listen to an interesting argument, though.

That which has thus far been presented, though, is not anywhere close.

I had a friend, philosophy student, who believed that the quote ''The last christian died on the cross'' indicated Nietzsche was a Christian that was disappointed with the fact that the Christians principles aren't being followed. I think he is 100% wrong, but, judging by the quote alone, his theory makes some sense.
    Well, he was a Christian, but went away from it.

And the inanity of most Christians, I'm sure, was part of his reason for doing so. I know it was certainly part of mine.

In my opinion, his principles were more in-line with Christian principles than most realize or give him credit for -- people take him far too seriously with the Ubermensch/bellum omnium contra omnes kinda stuff, not realizing that he merely wished to preserve the beneficial aspects of Christianity but get rid of what he considered the festering, unhealthy underbelly of it. The man didn't want everyone going around stabbing each other in the neck, and is known to have been extremely polite and mild-mannered himself. He pretty much explicitly says in TSZ (as explicitly as he says anything in that book) that he looks at competition as a healthy thing that helps drive mankind higher, and that you should both be in competition with your friends, and look at those who are your enemies as friends as well, since the competition they provide will help drive you to excel. Unfortunately, most peoples' understanding of Nietzsche is very thin.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, he was a Christian, but went away from it.

And the inanity of most Christians, I'm sure, was part of his reason for doing so. I know it was certainly part of mine.

In my opinion, his principles were more in-line with Christian principles than most realize or give him credit for -- people take him far too seriously with the Ubermensch/bellum omnium contra omnes kinda stuff, not realizing that he merely wished to preserve the beneficial aspects of Christianity but get rid of what he considered the festering, unhealthy underbelly of it. The man didn't want everyone going around stabbing each other in the neck, and is known to have been extremely polite and mild-mannered himself. He pretty much explicitly says in TSZ (as explicitly as he says anything in that book) that he looks at competition as a healthy thing that helps drive mankind higher, and that you should both be in competition with your friends, and look at those who are your enemies as friends as well, since the competition they provide will help drive you to excel. Unfortunately, most peoples' understanding of Nietzsche is very thin.
    Very interesting points.
    -----------------

-----------------

FWIW, I think Nietzsche is a clear INTJ.
    No question.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Both INJs are mystics.
    No question.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

NF is for sages, and NT is for wizards. Ni is for arch mages, the cross between the two.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I had a friend, philosophy student, who believed that the quote ''The last christian died on the cross'' indicated Nietzsche was a Christian that was disappointed with the fact that the Christian principles aren't being followed.
    imo its about christ being the only christian and his followers are following some bullshit interpretations of what he actually tried to teach.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    imo its about christ being the only christian and his followers are following some bullshit interpretations of what he actually tried to teach.
    Pretty much.

It points to Christ following his own personal ethic, and doing so authentically.

Christians, on the other hand, as opposed to following their own personal ethic, follow what their church tells them to do, according to their church's interpretation of Christ and his message, and, in so doing, are living inauthentically. If "Christ's way" isn't compatible with your authentic way of being, then you are doing a disservice to yourself by living an inauthentic life, and, even prior to that, that being able to know "Christ's way" is questionable from the get-go, and what you've been taught about "that way" should be questioned. It points to Christ living his life authentically, and others merely trying to follow someone else's -- his -- example in the particular, when what they really should be trying to do is trying to follow his example in the general, as someone who lived authentically.