Thread: Signs of Ni

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    This is the first time I've ever had a discussion with you, so forgive me for being confident that you don't really know shit about how I think.
    This is not a discussion. It's just you saying 'you're wrong' or re-stating what you've said countless times before. (see #3)
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    This is not a discussion,.

Nitpicking...

Man, the only one you've got left after this post is damaging efficiency (#1), and, at this point, I'm not sure whether that necessarily even deserves its own "cardinal INTP sin", or whether it's better seen as just one of the reasons why nitpicking is so annoying... seeing as how the above long post was more exploration than anything, at this point, I think I might just reconfigure them to:

The Cardinal Sins of the INTP:
    #1 Nitpicking
    #2 Not listening
    #3 Fe-shaming

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    It's just you saying 'you're wrong' or re-stating what you've said countless times before. (see #3)
    Actually, that's exactly what you've been doing.

All you've said is "you don't get what uumlau's saying" in various forms.

What? You really don't think I could give a quick and accurate synopsis of it?

It's an easy thought to understand; I'm sorry to say, but you're just objectively wrong about this.

How ironic, though, that you also seem to be attempting the "this is just your ego-speaking" Fe-shaming of #4 (new #3), though, too.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes, but not very many people are lovely, charming and gracious 24/7/365. After a few years I can see the chinks in the personality begin to shine forth more clearly. That's true of any type. The INTJs I know are very polite and easy-going. But then, sometimes, they can go cold as ice, either from being very focused or very angry. With some, anger is translated straight into a kind of glumness or depression, which prevents them from becoming aware of it.
    Now this is not a bad assessment. For most people, though, it doesn't take years to see that there is more than a lovely, charming, and gracious exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I do agree that INTJs try to see the core issue of things, but they approach it by looking at things at very superficial Te level and make Ni assumptions about the core issue from those surface level truths. This sort of approach is doomed to fail in reaching the core issue, even tho it might lead to assumptions that work, but only work at very superficial level. Naturally for INTJ it seems like they really understood the core issue, because it works on this superficial level, which is all they care about.
    What does it mean for something work but only at a superficial level? What is the alternative -- working at some deeper level? Either something works, or it does not. If it just gives the appearance of doing something but does not actually do it, then it does not work. (I'm sure this is a brazenly Te perspective, but then in INTJ fashion, I am not used to half-baked results.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    You have it backwards.
    I said yes, you can generalize from this anecdotal evidence that all INTJs are lovely, charming and gracious. Now you're saying I'm wrong or that I have it backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The ISTJ was cracking a joke at your expense.
    He was trolling, as always. Yes there is such thing as trolling in real life. Lately he's been on me about John Carter, as I am a fan of the books. The difference is that he is from a big family while I am from a broken family. This makes me easy prey for the likes of him who has had plenty of practice at verbal sparring. Thus I have had to ramp up my own abilities at it, but it's hard to contend with someone who can make up a plausible sounding lie in the spur of the moment, and I have nothing to respond with to counter it.

For example, a veterinarian friend of his, who is new to this kind of work, proudly cured a horse of a nervous disorder with a Sulfa drug. When I told him this, he replied that it can't be so because Sulfa does not pass the blood-brain barrier, therefore the horse got better on its own. I have no clue about it so I took him at his word. It turns out that Sulfa has no such issue, and that he purposely lied to me about it.

These kinds of "jokes" are a common occurrence with him.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Now this is not a bad assessment. For most people, though, it doesn't take years to see that there is more than a lovely, charming, and gracious exterior.
    Wow, I must be really dumb!

In fact, my own ISFJ dad was a master of interpersonal management, and very few people figured this out about him. They only saw in him what HE wanted them to see. But since I had to live with him, I saw the drunken behavior (and worse) that few others were privy to, day after day. And yet even today I automatically give people the benefit of the doubt, so I don't go poking around in their psyches to root out their mental problems.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Nitpicking...

Man, the only one you've got left after this post is damaging efficiency (#1), and, at this point, I'm not sure whether that necessarily even deserves its own "cardinal INTP sin", or whether it's better seen as just one of the reasons why nitpicking is so annoying... seeing as how the above long post was more exploration than anything, at this point, I think I might just reconfigure them to:

#1 Nitpicking
    #2 Not listening
    #3 Fe-shaming
    I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is #3 about?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is #3 about?
    It initially was brought up here (LINK), and was elaborated upon for some 5-6 posts, I think, between uumlau and myself.

I dunno, between that post and post 100 you should have the initial bases covered, I think.

It's basically a sort of (probably largely unconscious) projection (not in the typical sense) of inferior Fe onto others.

In the context we discussed it, it's basically a use of Fe to try and "correct" TJs for using Te as they do, as the TP rejects Te-styled thinking.

In fact, of those three sins I laid out, I noticed afterwards that each of them correlated to one of the INTPs four normal functions:

#1 Nitpicking - Ti
    #2 Not listening - Si
    #3 Fe-shaming - Fe
    I suppose I see their Ne as the least of their problems, but, if you wanted to round it out and make it all nice and pretty (and so you could then apply it formulaically to all other types), you could probably have one sin for each of their functions, that basically represents an unhealthy/negative use of that function, and you could say something like problematic Ne has to do with derailing/not staying on topic. It also kind of relates to nitpicking in a way, via the tangents an NTP will follow while nitpicking (which is not to say that the nitpicking doesn't ever all come together into one giant Te whole, cuz I'm sure plenty of times it does [sometimes, though, it just seems like stupid, unfocused Ne tangents]).

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What does it mean for something work but only at a superficial level? What is the alternative -- working at some deeper level? Either something works, or it does not. If it just gives the appearance of doing something but does not actually do it, then it does not work. (I'm sure this is a brazenly Te perspective, but then in INTJ fashion, I am not used to half-baked results.)
    Long term results vs short term results.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Long term results vs short term results.
    a Real solution vs Constant rigging
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    a Real solution vs Constant rigging
    To do right vs To be done
    Im out, its been fun