• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Is the Easiest to Bait?

Which Type is Easiest to Bait?

• Total voters

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
(A poll will be added once I have figured out how to do so.)

Some types are easier than others, we all know it's true. I know I ruin people's fun because I tend to ignore the bait. I see it, I know what it is. I have to be in the right/wrong frame of mind to have my goat taken. :doh:

We have witnessed plenty of baiting, teasing, trolling done here on the forum. Who is the easiest to bait? For that matter, who is the most fun to bait? :D And why?

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I for my part, find SFs and most TJs in rl the easiest.

SFs cannot resist reacting when I act remorseless or emotionally clueless, they must teach me how to feel.
TJs can't handle when I am the flaky fun, puppy rolling over and waving paws at them, they have to teach the puppy to heel.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
PUP-20-JE0001-01P.JPG

A

Anew Leaf

Lol I know which users I love to bait the most. :whistling: but most of the grand fireworks seem to arise from ESFPs (even if they don't type themselves as such) on this board.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only jerk with people I'm very comfortable around because I know they won't take offence, but I was pretty good at trolling a couple of my co-workers who I believe were ESFP and ISTP.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It can be great fun to act like I've taken the bait, then lead the other person down the proverbial garden path until they realize they've been baited.

G

garbage

I kinda like when people make a statement and then later claim that it was bait. And by "like" I mean "completely despise," I guess.

Bait is fun, I feel like I am missing out sometimes.
Now that I think about it.. sometimes, ignoring it is fun because the person just really wants you to take it and you just don't let it happen. If you want to have fun doing that, all you have to do is bask in the moment.

It can be great fun to act like I've taken the bait, then lead the other person down the proverbial garden path until they realize they've been baited.
Now, see, this is exactly what I mean by having fun with bait. This is among one of the best things to do with bait. The ol' .. bait and switch?

KDude

People who are good at baiting me are ones I like, and have let in somehow. Or were born to be with. Like my dad is good at it. He's ESJ. Everyone else is ignored. Or gets hit. I guess you could call that being baited too, but in a different way.

My point though is is that it's some type that easily values other people's opinions.

A

Anew Leaf

After thinking more too, after volatile Fi-Auxers... I think the next easiest type to bait is anyone who has a giant ego. Then all you need to do is act a leetle bit dumb and that they are wise and know SO much and then you sit back and watch the hilarity ensue before you.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Now that I think about it.. sometimes, ignoring it is fun because the person just really wants you to take it and you just don't let it happen. If you want to have fun doing that, all you have to do is bask in the moment.

Oh I do. That is my specialty.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No no no, the type easiest to bait is of course the one that is most distracted by bugs and by shiny objects.

Oh wait.......

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably ESFPs, but since there aren't many around, INTJs end up leading the baits taken ranking.
I twisted the question a bit, in order to bait some INTJs. These guys rock. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No type is more susceptible to "baiting" than any other by default.

Such a predisposition is a factor of how worldly, how street smart, and experienced with interpersonal relationships a given individual is.

Someone who has had a limited number social interactions, with a limited number of people, with limited types of people, in different regions, in different seetings, and for different purposes will obviously bee "easy" to "bait."

I will also add that knowledge, or lack therof, of different cultures, values, and social norms can also signisicantly add or detract from a given individual's ability to be "baited."

There is alot at play in this question.

I'm an ESTP/7w8/sx/so who grew up in three different cities in Germany and has lived in six of the United States of America, while having traveled to many other U.S. States and countries for personal recreation and/or business. I DARE YOU TO TRY AND BAIT ME. :laugh:

My wife is an INFJ/1w9 and has had a totally different upbringing than me, but has incredibly strong interpersonal intuition, and will jack-slap someone trying to bullshit her just as quickly as I will.

There is very little MBTI at play in this question at all, frankly.

:solidarity:

-Alex

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bait interplay equals fun. It can however, if not careful, become a big ole bog of mindfuckery. So befor you chose to engage be sure you know what realm you are entering.

Bait me!

Lark

I'm not sure this is type specific, it could be topic specific or there could be some other trigger, associations between posters and opinions, past grievances, associations between posters or opinions and other things entirely or experiences and thinking not specific to the/a discussion thread.

To be honest reading this I've got suspiscions about participating in threads at all, it seems like taking trolling to a whole other level, or it could be an excuse, creating a thread which fails terribly or feeling that you cant represent or your perceived opposition (a lot of people are adversarial about their topics on this forum) represents better than they thought they would and you can claim that oh, well, my heart wasnt it in, I was just creating bait.