• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Is the Easiest to Bait?

Which Type is Easiest to Bait?

• Total voters

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bait interplay equals fun. It can however, if not careful, become a big ole bog of mindfuckery. So befor you chose to engage be sure you know what realm you are entering.

Bait me!

I bet you cant catch this
Rapala-Jiggin-Rap-70-mm-tasapainopilkki_022677012513_1.jpg

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No type is more susceptible to "baiting" than any other by default.

Such a predisposition is a factor of how worldly, how street smart, and experienced with interpersonal relationships a given individual is.

Someone who has had a limited number social interactions, with a limited number of people, with limited types of people, in different regions, in different seetings, and for different purposes will obviously bee "easy" to "bait."

I will also add that knowledge, or lack therof, of different cultures, values, and social norms can also signisicantly add or detract from a given individual's ability to be "baited."

There is alot at play in this question.

I'm an ESTP/7w8/sx/so who grew up in three different cities in Germany and has lived in six of the United States of America, while having traveled to many other U.S. States and countries for personal recreation and/or business. I DARE YOU TO TRY AND BAIT ME. :laugh:

My wife is an INFJ/1w9 and has had a totally different upbringing than me, but has incredibly strong interpersonal intuition, and will jack-slap someone trying to bullshit her just as quickly as I will.

There is very little MBTI at play in this question at all, frankly.

:solidarity:

-Alex

Yep, this. I'm ENFP, and I have triggers, but they are overridden by my perception of the other's intentions. For instance, with the first guy to answer with 'ENFP' ([MENTION=1654]Evan[/MENTION]) my first suspicion was that he was hoping to bait an ENFP with his response to get the thrill of manipulatory triumph. I'm just paranoid like that, probably from growing up where there were always people trying to take advantage or mess with you for their advantage. I also don't really enjoy bait and troll games, probably for the same reasons.

Lark

Yep, this. I'm ENFP, and I have triggers, but they are overridden by my perception of the other's intentions. For instance, with the first guy to answer with 'ENFP' ([MENTION=1654]Evan[/MENTION]) my first suspicion was that he was hoping to bait an ENFP with his response to get the thrill of manipulatory triumph. I'm just paranoid like that, probably from growing up where there were always people trying to take advantage or mess with you for their advantage. I also don't really enjoy bait and troll games, probably for the same reasons.

I think your first point about perception of the other's intentions was probably the best but I highlighted the point which I think could have the biggest consequence for whether or not I even bother posting in particular threads by particular people anymore.

redacted

Heh, no, I was really serious -- at least out of the people I know, the ENFPs tend to fall for things more readily than other types. Small sample, though.

I wish I were clever enough to have used that post as bait. :)

wolfy

awsm
It's easier to bait open types than closed types. People that keep what is important closer to the chest are more difficult to get a bite out of. You might think extroverts, but it isn't hard to see what is important to introverts either. People that have their ego invested in something are easy to bait.

Halla is right. It isn't type related. Although I reckon I could bait Halla pretty good.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's easier to bait open types than closed types. People that keep what is important closer to the chest are more difficult to get a bite out of. You might think extroverts, but it isn't hard to see what is important to introverts either. People that have their ego invested in something are easy to bait.

Halla is right. It isn't type related. Although I reckon I could bait Halla pretty good.

I think we need a baiting thread.

Are we already in it?

G

Ginkgo

No type is more susceptible to "baiting" than any other by default.

Such a predisposition is a factor of how worldly, how street smart, and experienced with interpersonal relationships a given individual is.

Someone who has had a limited number social interactions, with a limited number of people, with limited types of people, in different regions, in different seetings, and for different purposes will obviously bee "easy" to "bait."

I will also add that knowledge, or lack therof, of different cultures, values, and social norms can also signisicantly add or detract from a given individual's ability to be "baited."

There is alot at play in this question.

I'm an ESTP/7w8/sx/so who grew up in three different cities in Germany and has lived in six of the United States of America, while having traveled to many other U.S. States and countries for personal recreation and/or business. I DARE YOU TO TRY AND BAIT ME. :laugh:

My wife is an INFJ/1w9 and has had a totally different upbringing than me, but has incredibly strong interpersonal intuition, and will jack-slap someone trying to bullshit her just as quickly as I will.

There is very little MBTI at play in this question at all, frankly.

-Alex