User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Type is Easiest to Bait?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

4 14.81%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ISTJ

1 3.70%
  • INFP

4 14.81%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

1 3.70%
  • ESFP

8 29.63%
  • ESFJ

1 3.70%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ENFP

8 29.63%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It can be great fun to act like I've taken the bait, then lead the other person down the proverbial garden path until they realize they've been baited.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

garbage

I kinda like when people make a statement and then later claim that it was bait. And by "like" I mean "completely despise," I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    Bait is fun, I feel like I am missing out sometimes.
    Now that I think about it.. sometimes, ignoring it is fun because the person just really wants you to take it and you just don't let it happen. If you want to have fun doing that, all you have to do is bask in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It can be great fun to act like I've taken the bait, then lead the other person down the proverbial garden path until they realize they've been baited.
    Now, see, this is exactly what I mean by having fun with bait. This is among one of the best things to do with bait. The ol' .. bait and switch?

People who are good at baiting me are ones I like, and have let in somehow. Or were born to be with. Like my dad is good at it. He's ESJ. Everyone else is ignored. Or gets hit. I guess you could call that being baited too, but in a different way.

My point though is is that it's some type that easily values other people's opinions.

Anew Leaf

After thinking more too, after volatile Fi-Auxers... I think the next easiest type to bait is anyone who has a giant ego. Then all you need to do is act a leetle bit dumb and that they are wise and know SO much and then you sit back and watch the hilarity ensue before you.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post

Now that I think about it.. sometimes, ignoring it is fun because the person just really wants you to take it and you just don't let it happen. If you want to have fun doing that, all you have to do is bask in the moment.

Oh I do. That is my specialty.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

No no no, the type easiest to bait is of course the one that is most distracted by bugs and by shiny objects.

Oh wait.......

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Probably ESFPs, but since there aren't many around, INTJs end up leading the baits taken ranking.
    I twisted the question a bit, in order to bait some INTJs. These guys rock.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

No type is more susceptible to "baiting" than any other by default.

Such a predisposition is a factor of how worldly, how street smart, and experienced with interpersonal relationships a given individual is.

Someone who has had a limited number social interactions, with a limited number of people, with limited types of people, in different regions, in different seetings, and for different purposes will obviously bee "easy" to "bait."

I will also add that knowledge, or lack therof, of different cultures, values, and social norms can also signisicantly add or detract from a given individual's ability to be "baited."

There is alot at play in this question.

I'm an ESTP/7w8/sx/so who grew up in three different cities in Germany and has lived in six of the United States of America, while having traveled to many other U.S. States and countries for personal recreation and/or business. I DARE YOU TO TRY AND BAIT ME.

My wife is an INFJ/1w9 and has had a totally different upbringing than me, but has incredibly strong interpersonal intuition, and will jack-slap someone trying to bullshit her just as quickly as I will.

There is very little MBTI at play in this question at all, frankly.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Bait interplay equals fun. It can however, if not careful, become a big ole bog of mindfuckery. So befor you chose to engage be sure you know what realm you are entering.

Bait me!
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm not sure this is type specific, it could be topic specific or there could be some other trigger, associations between posters and opinions, past grievances, associations between posters or opinions and other things entirely or experiences and thinking not specific to the/a discussion thread.

To be honest reading this I've got suspiscions about participating in threads at all, it seems like taking trolling to a whole other level, or it could be an excuse, creating a thread which fails terribly or feeling that you cant represent or your perceived opposition (a lot of people are adversarial about their topics on this forum) represents better than they thought they would and you can claim that oh, well, my heart wasnt it in, I was just creating bait.