User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ

Default childhood typeology?

Ok so way back like as far as I can rember like when I was like 6or 8. I had never heard if typeolgoy or mbti types or anything like that. I remember whatching childhood cartoons."especialy the show recess" I would always watchthese sort of shows. And all kids pick out a character that they admire and say they want to be like them right? Well no matter what the show was I always wanted to be that guy who walks up to thetable table blueprint in hand amd spreads it out on the table and explains the plan. It just so happens I know for a fact I am intj. So i got what I wanted.

Heres the questions
    1. Anyone else had similar experiences
    2. Did I somehow subconsciously know what sort of person I was back then, or did it somehow get planted in my mind to be like that and I succeeded?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The only character I remember I wanted to be was the knight from Sleeping Beauty (even though I'm a girl xD). Some profiles say INFP is the "white knight" from fairy tales... My guess is that you thought those characters were very cool and maybe they (and other stuff) had some influence in your formation?

In personalitypage are some descriptions of kids personalities, and I identify a lot with the INFP kid description.
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/kid_portraits.html

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@ OP: you were exposed to a variety of characters in these shows. If you resonated consistently with one sort of character over all the others, this much more about you than about them. You responded to it because of something in your makeup. I didn't watch that much television as a child, but I noticed the same thing myself as a teenager and adult, before I knew anything about any personality typing systems. My favorite characters, those I have strongly identified with, generally fit INTJ descriptions. Understanding type was enlightening in this respect.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Funny... i always identified with the crazy intelligent freak type characters. I always wanted to vomit when there was some popularity materialistic hierachy as the main focus. You would be more likely to find me playing outside though...climbing trees, riding bikes, watching insects, talking to adults, looking at plants...the sky etc
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I liked all the smart characters, but not if they're nasty. My dad values intelligence, my mom values kindness, so I guess that's where that comes from.

I also liked to pick characters that no one else talked about as my 'favorite'. Typical e4 stuff.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... I always snatched the main characters away from my sister <u < .. No, that's not really true, actually for some reaosn I always would chose the tragic/self-sacrificing/hero-like ones, now I think about it. Maybe there is some truth in that theory...

Quote Originally Posted by jonatron5 View Post
    Heres the questions
    1. Anyone else had similar experiences
    2. Did I somehow subconsciously know what sort of person I was back then, or did it somehow get planted in my mind to be like that and I succeeded?
    1. My memory is foggy. I don't think so. I remember watching the old power rangers series and cheering on the bad guys. The good guys were always winning. Everytime they made it look like the bad guys were winning, I rolled my eyes, because we all knew that stupid red ranger gonna steal the show again.
    2. Either you're emulating someone you admire or that someone just so happens to share traits that you have, and it was merely resonance. Or it's just a coincidence. Your guess is as good as mines haha.