• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which types are geeks?

Which Types are geeks?

• Total voters

ygolo

My termites win
Which types have you known personally who you would consider to be geeks?

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I've known some really "geeky" ENFPs in my time. (Seriously)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've known some really "geeky" ENFPs in my time. (Seriously)

As have I...especially where fandoms are concerned. I admit my people are geeks, as well as the INTJs. I have also known some really geeky ISTJs.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
ISTJs and INTPs.

INTJs sort of appear as such, but they are more like "goody two shoes" sort of persona.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've seen geeks of every type, so i voted for every type. :)

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Yeah, there are geeks of every type, but primarily INTJ and INTP. Secondarily, ISTJ and ENFPs are pretty geeky.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I think people confuse being unique with being a geek. INTJs are more unique than anything. INTPs are the geeks, that Ti-Ne combo with Fe in there really make for a magnificent geek.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I think people confuse being unique with being a geek. INTJs are more unique than anything. INTPs are the geeks, that Ti-Ne combo with Fe in there really make for a magnificent geek.

Oh, there are definitely some INTJ geeks out there. I work with a definite INTJ who with his subscriptions to Sci-Fi magazines and gawky awkwardness is a classic one.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My thoughts on geeks...

geeks.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Your assessment would be more convincing if you were not the "unique" type in question. ;)

Seriously, I've known some pretty major INTJ geeks. They're geeky in a more serious and dry way than INTPs, generally.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Your assessment would be more convincing if you were not the "unique" type in question. ;)

Seriously, I've known some pretty major INTJ geeks. They're geeky in a more serious and dry way than INTPs, generally.

:whistling:

Point taken, INTPs are those painfully obvious geeks. INTJs are the geeks that people take large amounts of time figuring out how to avoid.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Honestly, is there something wrong with being a geek?

I've appreciated geeks my whole life, they are uber-interesting.

To be considered boring, however, now that's an insult.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
There's nothing wrong with being a geek. Heck, I'm a geek, myself. There are degrees of geekiness, though. There is a certain level of hardcore geekiness that I'm just not attracted to, where the geek in question is pretty much completely unaware that there is a world out there that doesn't involve role playing or Star Trek, and one that involves at least a modicum of social skills.

I though this was pretty funny:

The Geek Hierarchy | The Brunching Shuttlecocks

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, actually, here's a whole list of types that I've known IRL who were geeks.

INFP
INTP
INTJ
ENTJ
ISFP
ENTP
ENTJ
ENFP
ENFJ
ISTJ
ISFJ
INFJ
ESFP

Of course, I don't know exactly what constitutes a 'geek'.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ, INTP, and ISTJ are the three main types that fit most of the "geek" standards, but all types can be geeks in different ways (except possibly SFJs, who make up such a large segment of the population that they ARE the "mainstream culture" to be understood by all the other types).

There are even some F geeks too (Kurt Cobain?) who tend to show more pride in their "identity" as a nerd than the Ts.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Reasons for my voting on two options which were not commonly voted on:

INFP: They can be anime geeks, music geeks, or fashion geeks (think goths). Among other things, of course.
ISTP: Robotics, explosives, utilizing chemistry for dangerous purposes, microwaves, etc. These are the geeks that are most likely to end lacking body parts due to their geekery.