User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Types are geeks?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

89 83.96%
  • INTJ

71 66.98%
  • INFP

37 34.91%
  • INFJ

35 33.02%
  • ISTP

26 24.53%
  • ISTJ

39 36.79%
  • ISFP

9 8.49%
  • ISFJ

9 8.49%
  • ENTP

39 36.79%
  • ENTJ

17 16.04%
  • ENFP

26 24.53%
  • ENFJ

10 9.43%
  • ESTP

7 6.60%
  • ESTJ

9 8.49%
  • ESFP

8 7.55%
  • ESFJ

5 4.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Moved some posts here.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

INs.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

The world would be a boring place if there were no geeks.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

A Youtube CLASSIC:

YouTube - Star Wars kid Drunken Jedi
    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 66.67% Sensing (S) 33.33%
    Feeling (F) 61.54% Thinking (T) 38.46%
    Judging (J) 51.22% Perceiving (P) 48.78%

Your type is: INFJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think IxxP's are the geekiest, followed by other I's and N's. ESxx is generally normal.

Although I would say that every type except ISFJ, ENTJ, ENFJ, and ESxx can potentially be a geek. ENxP's can easily end up being geeks unless they're careful, although it's least likely to happen to them of the types I chose.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I had no problem with labelling all NTs geeks; even the ENTJ Eights, like me, have a geekish streak. I also thought NFs were quite geekish, although I was reluctant to say that any of them apart from INFP actually were. For example ENFPs are actually quite cool at times, Ghandi was an ENFJ, and Buddha probably was too, and I wouldn't really put an INFJ down for geekiness. NTs are far more geeky than NFs, because NFs carry essential people skills that make people fit the bill for non-geekiness. However, I do think all non-NTs have the capacity for a geeky streak; they're simply not the geekiest, and the amount of, say, ESTP geeks you'll find is so small.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I do not think of geekiness being a comfort that comes with one of the personality types or temperaments. In my definition there are two meanings of "geek", which on the one hand points to "someone, who is dedicated to learning and cultivating that dedication" or on the other hand lives his life on a parallel plane of existence, like a computer geek.

On behalf of the first definition, I have seen geekiness in all personality types. Especially in ST-Temperaments, which make up a great sum of my daily surroundings. There have the simple understanding that there is no gain, without pain; and that you have to actually study to get a degree for studying. From my point of view, they are geeks, cause when it comes to the point, when their talents are required, they can quote from the book but cant think of their own at all. Obviously I envy those geeks a little, because my intrests in studying matter only succumb to things that really get my attention, which puts me in the position of lacking important details later on.

On behalf of the second definition that wants the geek to live in his own world; I think this type of geekiness to be prone to all types of personalities as well. Especially those introverted and intuition-based ones. To pinpoint out introverted thinkers as being geeks, seems to be the most logical thing to do first, but the fact is that a thinker in general, while being occupied by thoughts is hardly to be used in parallel processes aswell. That means, if I concentrate, I cant drive a car with one foot, drunken and naked at the same time. So a thinker is, while drawing conclusions, trapped in his logical step-by-step world that for some moments concentrates on only one issue. While Feeling types have the natural ability to understand people by just looking at them. Because they can compare there own known feelings with the ones, possible meetings of people around them can generate. With thinking being introverted, this process of concentration and trial and error confirmation gets even more worse. iNTj obviously have managed to shut their mouths, when being insecure, while iNTp try to share not only confirmed information, but theories that could lead to confirmed information, too, aswell.

What is best to deal with situations, when geekiness is detected, is, I think up to anyone themselves.

I think everyone has a story. And the geekiest computer freak, who obviously is without the language of c++ not able to communicate at all, can become human after five beer and tell you his story. So in my opinion, to define personalities as being geekish, comes more from oneselves own lack on intrest, to get to know them, because they dont fit into an overall code of behaviour or value system. In my opinion, there are no geeks at all, unless you make them one.

And this conclusion I draw naturally, because of being a geek xD

He is is my favourite:
    YouTube - Dilbert - The Knack

greetings
    ~entropie
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm sort of a geek :P and most of my friends are too, but they're mostly INTPs, so I voted for them..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

and I think Intellectual is a better term then Geek!!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    and I think Intellectual is a better term then Geek!!
    Not the proper definition of a Geek.

A Geek is a person with a consuming non mainstream interest. Trekkies, Star Wars fans, ren faire, RPGs, LARPers, stuff like that. If the all consuming interest is academic such as math, science or computers then the person is a Nerd. All Nerds are Geeks, not all Geeks are Nerds.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    ISTP: Robotics, explosives, utilizing chemistry for dangerous purposes, microwaves, etc. These are the geeks that are most likely to end lacking body parts due to their geekery.
    Putting things in microwaves that don't belong there is the pinnacle of geekiness.

And also yields awesome results.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge