• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Would Make The Best King?

Which type would make the best king? Why?

• Total voters

Mia.

It is Ni that is known for internal adaptability, and Ti and Si that are not.

Tbh, though, I don't really feel like discussing this topic.

Your definitions are too ambiguous.

:doh: I was with you right up until you started beating off to your Ni fetish again, hun. Si is adaptable as well - it's a perception function and by sheer design therefore can vary in what information it is oriented to just as Ni does. The difference is in the type of information it is pulling in.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I honestly don't think that INTJs would make the best KING (citing Presidents seems pointless when being a King is a completely different political animal).

And I honestly don't think this makes any sense, as the main difference between being a President and being a King is that a President needs to get elected and deal with the members of the legislature, neither of which are things INTJs would seem particularly suited to. Being a King is far more suited to an INTJ, because then they wouldn't have to deal with bullshit politicking, and could just work on doing the best job possible.

They are best in a role that is behind the scenes where they can have loads of power and control with few ever suspecting or realizing. Littlefinger is a great example of an INTJ working it.

I haven't watched the show, but I do agree, they serve a pretty indispensable behind-the-scenes role.

One can easily imagine a Straussian narrative in which INTJs are pulling the strings of some puppet President.

In fact, that's more-or-less the entire narrative intellectuals, academia, and the Left used for the Bush Presidency.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
:doh: I was with you right up until you started beating off to your Ni fetish again, hun. Si is adaptable as well - it's a perception function and by sheer design therefore can vary in what information it is oriented to just as Ni does. The difference is in the type of information it is pulling in.

You clearly misunderstand me.

Si's strength is not adaptability.

Its strength lies elsewhere.

No point in fooling yourself about that one.

See here: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...rices/29136-ni-v-si-comparative-analysis.html

A

Anew Leaf

And I honestly don't think this makes any sense, as the main difference between being a President and being a King is that a President needs to get elected and deal with the members of the legislature, neither of which are things INTJs would seem particularly suited to. Being a King is far more suited to an INTJ, because then they wouldn't have to deal with bullshit politicking, and could just work on doing the best job possible.

I haven't watched the show, but I do agree, they serve a pretty indispensable behind-the-scenes role.

One can easily imagine a Straussian narrative in which INTJs are pulling the strings of some puppet President.

In fact, that's more-or-less the entire narrative intellectuals, academia, and the Left used for the Bush Presidency.

Your reasoning for why INTJs are the best make no sense either. All you are doing in this thread (as per usual) is trolling various members for whatever bizarre scheme you have concocted this week.

A King is not the same as a President. Kings were historically either born or paved their own way with blood and death. Most INTJs seem to prefer having all of the power without the responsibility attached to it. Since you keep citing American presidents, I think you can see that they were neither born into this job nor did they pave their way there with blood and death.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Being a King is far more suited to an INTJ, because then they wouldn't have to deal with bullshit politicking, and could just work on doing the best job possible.

And yet, that's not true, with all of the scheming and politicking to maneuver for power, dethrone you, slit your throat behind your back kind of stuff.

Would you even see it coming? Just throw in a fast car / chariot, some gold, glitter and cleavage, and the INTJ's are done for.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, because what you said was stupid.

In fact, most of what you say is stupid.

Of all the posters on this board, I would say the amount of dumb posts you write per post written is among the very highest.

For two years now, I have just mostly ignored you, occasionally responding to some inane post of yours to point this out.

And, based on your lackluster response here, I see why you have always refrained from responding.

This is all extremely suspect.

And I would go so far as to say that the last sentence, at least for Ni-doms (maybe not Si-doms), should actually be in reverse.

Tbh, though, I don't really feel like discussing this topic.

Your definitions are too ambiguous.

@ _Poki_ 'Tis true, dude, needs the 'ol switcher-ooo.

:laugh: I would put my adaptability against an IJ any day of the week...blind folded. I take that as a compliment though, because I dont see myself as knowledgable for some strange reason :shrug: Everyone around me does though...go figure.

I would not put my knowledge against an INTJ as I dont focus on knowledge or systems or any of that crap. I adapt real time, in the moment, continuously. I see a whole lot of INTJs along with ISTJs who get hung up on adapting way more then I do. Its a draw back of "Tertiary" Ti/Fi...it has even been mentioned about the Ni-Fi loop on here several times. The "reason" why Ti is better at adapting is because we dont ever stop analysing everything we take in in "real time". How often does Z get hung up on his ideas or his thoughts...as if he is "proving" something. It can actually be fun to do this to IJs and they get all worked up about it.

still laughing at the adaptable part.

ambiguos...as if MBTI is not in itself ambiguos

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being a King is far more suited to an INTJ, because then they wouldn't have to deal with bullshit politicking, and could just work on doing the best job possible.

:laugh: You really believe you can be king and not have to deal with politics. That IS part of doing the best job possible :doh: Its the "bullshit" that you have to remove.

Dude...YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT "ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"....where is woody with his head spinning in circles at times like this.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would not put my knowledge against an INTJ as I dont focus on knowledge or systems or any of that crap. I adapt real time, in the moment, continuously. I see a whole lot of INTJs along with ISTJs who get hung up on adapting way more then I do. Its a draw back of "Tertiary" Ti/Fi..
I'm not sure Ni/Fi loops have anything to do with it, but I agree with your overall observation. INTJ adaptability in the moment hinges on sound contingency planning. Something that falls outside anticipated contingencies will require more significant rethinking and time. SP adaptation really is real-time, and therefore overall more versatile, and much speedier than the INTJ response to an unanticipated event. While it is true that the Ni internal adaptation of a mental framework can take place in an instant, translating that into external action can take much more time. Premeditation is much more characteristic of INTJs than spontaneity.

KDude

If I were to take a strict Jungian definition, I'd agree with Z. But MBTI is different. That's probably best for another topic, but whatever. Myers herself says not to equate her types with Jung's. She was expanding on it in her mind. To her, dominant judging was somewhat hidden, and that the first thing you'd notice was their extroverted function. She changed judging types into Perceivers. It's in the intro to Gifts Differing.

Socionics follows Jung more closely. That's why I type myself an SLI/ISTp there. And the ISTjs - the Ti-Se types, are everything Z thinks about them.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
No, because what you said was stupid.

In fact, most of what you say is stupid.

Of all the posters on this board, I would say the amount of dumb posts you write per post written is among the very highest.

For two years now, I have just mostly ignored you, occasionally responding to some inane post of yours to point this out.

And, based on your lackluster response here, I see why you have always refrained from responding.

DERP DERP

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well, I am a pretty fair and objective person. When someone (either I hate or dislike) deserve praise, I’ll say it. I am not above complimenting my enemies. But I really don’t think NTJ have the leadership skills that I respect. I mean with their tunnel vision planning and all……

But whatever, here’s the crown, Z. Please crown yourself King. You deserve it. The aura of light shines on you.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure Ni/Fi loops have anything to do with it, but I agree with your overall observation. INTJ adaptability in the moment hinges on sound contingency planning. Something that falls outside anticipated contingencies will require more significant rethinking and time. SP adaptation really is real-time, and therefore overall more versatile, and much speedier than the INTJ response to an unanticipated event. While it is true that the Ni internal adaptation of a mental framework can take place in an instant, translating that into external action can take much more time. Premeditation is much more characteristic of INTJs than spontaneity.

Yes, lack of sound contingency planning is where INTJ gets hung up and lets say an ENFP would pull ahead big time. The ENFPs I know are really good as "lets go back to the drawing board".

Mia.

Yes, lack of sound contingency planning is where INTJ gets hung up and lets say an ENFP would pull ahead big time. The ENFPs I know are really good as "lets go back to the drawing board".

We can pull a rabbit out of our ass on cue. In a crisis we Ps are unf---witable.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds more like an E to me - perhaps ESTP, even. He was enjoying himself far too much.

R

Riva

Also an Es ability is defined by those they surround themselves with. EPs ability is different then EJs. EJs are based on advisors knowledge/expertise. An EPs ability is based on adaptability of those around them. IJs are based on internal knowledge, and IP on internal adaptability.

+1

Very well written but Zara does have a point -

This is all extremely suspect.

And I would go so far as to say that the last sentence, at least for Ni-doms (maybe not Si-doms), should actually be in reverse.

When it comes to IJs comparatively they are the most likely to depend on internal knowledge. And they are so sure of their internal knowledge and confident enough to make decisions on it.

But,

Though they appear as typical IJs when it comes to INTJs there is something off about them. This is mainly because of their decisiveness. They are the most decisive of all types hands down.

And due to their decisiveness they are the MOST CONFIDENT of all types, again hands down.

They are so confident of their decisions the moment (split second) they realize their thorough knowledge is out-dated/ not-applicable/ cannot-be-implemented they plan again. It takes only moments for them. And they would quickly make an extremely different decision. (A contingency plan it could be called.)

So you see, INTJs are indeed extremely adaptable.

But,

Their adaptability depends on their decisiveness and NOT their general inclination or desire to be adaptable.

:)

---

I hope the two of you would hug each other now :laugh:.