• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Would Make The Best King?

Which type would make the best king? Why?

• Total voters
A

Anew Leaf

attachment.php

I choose xSTP!!!!

/Thread.

Mia.

Does it really matter, toots?

You already voted for every kind other than NTJ just to fuck with the results.

Fuckin NFPs always screwing up polls...

:threaten:

Now now, calm that decidedly unkingly NTJ "intense and quick" temper. This NFP intentionally abstained from voting due to compunction over whether her inclinations were truly objective, fair and not self-serving. :D

Meanwhile in the NTJ camp, you attempted to utilize fear-mongering in order to sway the polls by decrying that voting for an NFJ was a vote for Hitler, all the while advocating eugenics in white font. :laugh:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Now now, calm that decidedly unkingly NTJ "intense and quick" temper.

You're projecting your emotionality.

This NFP intentionally abstained from voting due to compunction over whether her inclinations were truly objective, fair and not self-serving. :D

That is honorable.

Meanwhile in the NTJ camp, you attempted to utilize fear-mongering in order to sway the polls by decrying that voting for an NFJ was a vote for Hitler, all the while advocating eugenics in white font. :laugh:

So?

The two things are not comparable.

My system of eugenics would have nothing to do with race, sex, religion, or sexual orientation.

It would be entirely merit based. And it would be divided into two tiers:
  • Tier 1: your genes certainly shouldn't be passed along, but you're harmless to society. You are simply sterilized, but allowed to live your life and pursue your happiness.

• Tier 2: your genes certainly shouldn't be passed along, but you're harmful to society. You are just killed.
There would always be room for adjustments to the policy, in order to best serve society. For example, we might consider splitting tier 2 into two separate tiers, one for those who may still turn their lives around, and stop presenting a threat to society, and another for those who have proven themselves incorrigible. I'm sure some NF could convince me that such systemic mercy would be worthwhile.

Because ESFP kings have a hunka hunka lot of love. They aren't Nero. They are Elvis. Hell, even the Burger King.

:laugh:

Ok, but why not ISFP...

KDude

Ok, but why not ISFP...

I don't think they're that ambitious (not that they lack ambition.. just that they're not THAT ambitious). Nero and his mother both went to great means to secure his place. The fictional Commodus as well. Then to top it off, he killed his mother too, when she herself got in the way. He was way too power hungry to be ISFP.

I'd love to get a direct quote from the Greenlight wiki atm (Lenore Thomson based), but it's down. Needless it say, it's got one of the better Se descriptions around - and how it manifests in tertiary/inferior positions as well. Nero is an extreme version of that kind of drama and self-indulgence, imo. And not "party hard" SP indulgence, but ummm...Wagnerian indulgence (sorry if that sounds confusing. Can't think of a better way of putting it).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's good to see how well INTJs do in the field when their searing vision of the future hits a speedbump.
We do quite well, thank you. The speedbump, on the other hand . . . history.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Wagnerian indulgence (sorry if that sounds confusing. Can't think of a better way of putting it).

I've never heard it put that way, but I'm pretty sure (from experience and intuition) I know what you mean....

Now that I think of it... did you see the harem talk earlier?

I think you've actually changed my criteria for that...

The harem would be full of SFPs...

But the queen would be an NFP.

Yeah, that would work.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]: i request that parameters be set for this fantasy kingdom. what is going on politically with this country. is it a time of peace and prosperity or is nero burning rome and we need to rebuild a crumbling empire?

ty :)

You cant ask those types of questions. Its one king, one type...period. Come rain or shine :D

I would say that the most important time for an INTJ would be either at the founding, or at a moment of crisis when everything needs to be overhauled. During other periods of history, other types could be just as good, if not better, to have as kings. I, personally, think Reagan was an ENFJ, and talk about the ability to bring peoples' spirits back after a really shitty decade-plus -- an INTJ couldn't really pull that one off. I think in bland moments of history, where nothing much is really happening, or at least society is functioning well, and nothing really needs to be overhauled, an ISTJ would actually make a great king. Frankly, if I could vote again, I'd probably add them in there, too. I'm amazed at how little love they're getting. Fucking George Washington and Dwight Eisenhower were ISTJs, and I don't know a single American with anything bad to say about them.

I think Saturned's question is an excellent one. I suppose it is better left open ended however to consider some of these situations.

If you look at some of the great leaders in history, many of them were an ideal fit for their situation and time. George Washington was a great person to lend stability to a newly formed nation. Thomas Jefferson was an excellent person to be involved early on and set the direction (e.g. writing the Constitution). FDR , who one sources says was an ENTJ and another sources says he was an ESTP, was perfect for his time. Winston Churchill, an SP, was an ideal person to be the Prime Minister during WW2. Once the crisis was over, he wasn't as needed anymore.

I also agree with everything Z says in the above quote except that I'm not sure about Eisenhower. I've seen him referenced as an NT both online and in a book I've got - Presidential Temperament - written by David Kiersey and Ray Choiniere. It lists out the rational presidents as:
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
Abraham Lincoln
Ulysses S. Grant
Herbert Hoover
Dwight Eisenhower

Speaking of which, Nero was probably an ENTJ, who sunk into his ISFP side. When it goes bad, it goes really bad.

Same thing with Commodus in the movie Gladiator.

It should have been his sister who was king.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think this thread is not about which type makes a great leader, but which type makes a great king. There is a difference.

You don't need alot of intelligence to be a great king. All you need to do is tell everyone the divine right of kings, and execute anyone who disagree with you. If you had those qualities, you will make a good king.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think this thread is not about which type makes a great leader, but which type makes a great king. There is a difference.

You don't need alot of intelligence to be a great king. All you need to do is tell everyone the divine right of kings, and execute anyone who disagree with you. If you had those qualities, you will make a good king.

And the straw that broke the camel's back was really me saying that this guy has no place to speak about other peoples' intelligence?

:dont:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
And the straw that broke the camel's back was really me saying that this guy has no place to speak about other peoples' intelligence?

:dont:

Why, because I disagree with your view that NTJs makes the best king, and we should all suck your dick?

I am sure NTJ is the epitome of human intelligence.

Now I am sure I am even overating INTJ intelligence.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
This is a stupid thread, as this forum frequently has a tendency to :worthy: anything NTJ and their godly leadership abilities.

If I spend any more time arguing with you, I might as well spend more effort proving you wrong in the real world, as that would be much more constructive.

KDude

don't need alot of intelligence to be a great king. All you need to do is tell everyone the divine right of kings, and execute anyone who disagree with you. If you had those qualities, you will make a good king.

True enough. I resort back to my original post here. It's why kings should die.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLXFkedr8lA].[/youtube]

Nicodemus

When first reading the title of this thread, I wondered whether people would realize that they will not talk about which type would make the best king but about which attributes the best king would have, and that discussing the latter by means of type is really but a very roundabout way of coming to the point.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You just need to be smart enough to surround yourself with good advisors, and follow their advice. I have read that Eisenhower was especially good at this.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You just need to be smart enough to surround yourself with good advisors, and follow their advice. I have read that Eisenhower was especially good at this.

No, the king must be all knowing....LOL. EJ types are the best at group leadership teamwork IMO.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also an Es ability is defined by those they surround themselves with. EPs ability is different then EJs. EJs are based on advisors knowledge/expertise. An EPs ability is based on adaptability of those around them. IJs are based on internal knowledge, and IP on internal adaptability.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Why, because I disagree with your view that NTJs makes the best king, and we should all suck your dick?

No, because what you said was stupid.

In fact, most of what you say is stupid.

Of all the posters on this board, I would say the amount of dumb posts you write per post written is among the very highest.

For two years now, I have just mostly ignored you, occasionally responding to some inane post of yours to point this out.

And, based on your lackluster response here, I see why you have always refrained from responding.

EPs ability is different then EJs. EJs are based on advisors knowledge/expertise. An EPs ability is based on adaptability of those around them. IJs are based on internal knowledge, and IP on internal adaptability.

This is all extremely suspect.

And I would go so far as to say that the last sentence, at least for Ni-doms (maybe not Si-doms), should actually be in reverse.

It is Ni that is known for internal adaptability, and Ti and Si that are not.

Tbh, though, I don't really feel like discussing this topic.

Your definitions are too ambiguous.

A

Anew Leaf

I honestly don't think that INTJs would make the best KING (citing Presidents seems pointless when being a King is a completely different political animal).

They are best in a role that is behind the scenes where they can have loads of power and control with few ever suspecting or realizing. Littlefinger is a great example of an INTJ working it.