• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Would Make The Best King?

Which type would make the best king? Why?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Hehe, silly NTJs and their attempts to gloss over the lack of consistency within their own arguments and reasoning using sheer belligerence. You guys slay me.

No point in trying to explain something to someone with inferior T...

:bored:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
At this point I'd just like to say that a vote for an NFJ is a vote for Hitler.

You have decided typeC: nothing has changed, the world is doomed.

/ second Godwin

A

Anew Leaf

At this point I'd just like to say that a vote for an NFJ is a vote for Hitler.

You have decided typeC: nothing has changed, the world is doomed.

/ second Godwin

Really? That didn't seem to be your perspective a few hours ago:

Apparently I missed this...

Like one should expect of a P, you had a cute idea, but you made a grievous error.

The direction is the opposite of what you said: P advisors giving all kinds of information to the fair and open-minded, yet decisive J.

Just look at who's winning in the polls: all four NJs in the top spots.

Why? Cuz Ni is the king of the functions.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Really? That didn't seem to be your perspective a few hours ago:

Oh good, I can just reuse one of my posts...

Apparently the fact that there are two types that are Ni dom/aux that aren't NFJs (and that they represent all that is good) eludes you...

Obviously you all want to be ruled by an Ni dom/aux -- I'm just trying to get you to choose Team Freedom over Team Hitler.

Don't worry, though -- there's still room in the harem...
:girlpower:

Last edited:
A

Anew Leaf

Ah, yes, the famous Ni-Fi loop of blindness. It is so lovely to see one in its natural habitat! Look, children, if you squint your eyes you can see its beautiful plumage.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Apparently the fact that there are two types that are Ni dom/aux that aren't NFJs (and that they represent all that is good) eludes you...

Obviously you all want to be ruled by an Ni dom -- I'm just trying to get you to choose Team Freedom over Team Hitler.

Don't worry, though -- there's still room in the harem...
:girlpower:

malecheerleadercostume-244x300.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Supposed type of some US presidents:

Abraham Lincoln - INTP
George Washington - ISTJ
Thomas Jefferson - INTJ
Bill Clinton - ENFP
Richard Nixon - INTJ
John F. Kennedy - INTJ (I'm not sure I believe this)
Obama - ? (ENFJ?)
George H. W. Bush - ISTJ
Lyndon Johnson - ESTJ
Ronald Regan - ESFP
Franklin Roosevelt - ENTJ
Teddy Roosevelt - ENTP
John Adams - ENTP
Dwight Eisenhower - INTJ
Woodrow Wilson - INTJ
James Madison - INTP
Gerald Ford - INTP
Martin Van Buren - INFJ

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my kingdom, you'd be euthanized.

And we'd all be better off for it.
:shock:

:yim_rolling_on_the_
Yes, which is why "the supreme strategists", "the master contingency planners", are meant to (benevolently) rule the world.
:worthy::worthy:

That's why NTJs shouldn't have that much power: too much self confidence. It impairs judgement, and I believe NTJs are the most susceptible to find themselves there. You guys are smart maybe 90% of the time, but those 10% of the time you're wrong could mean the collapse of an entire civilization. :greatscott: Or, more plausibly, the death of a lot of innocents.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Top Types So Far:

Winners So Far
INFJ
ENTJ
INTJ
ESTJ
INTP

Losers so Far
ISTP
ISFP
ESTP
ESFP
ESFJ
ENTP
ISFJ

Edit: removed those percentages. not sure why they copied in like that

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
ENFP - Can be a very inspiring leader. Understands the constituency and what they want. Flexible negotiator who is able to strike compromises. Bill Clinton is a good example of an effective ENFP leader.

I could see the inspiring part, but I think they'd be best if left to their own devices rather than put in charge. Perhaps have them as a rhetorician (or court jester, that works too.)

ESTJ - They get people organized and get stuff done. Though not the most inspiring leaders, they clearly enjoy being in charge and are pretty effective in running a routine operation.

Eh, this is the classic megalomaniac type, so no thanks. Also, they have a tendency to be pretty strict about whatever it is they believe in, so I think they're best if they're given some sort of political or military post where they can get shit done but still have to answer to someone else.

INTJ - Thinks about the big picture and all the component parts. Good transformational leader. Not as good at maintaining something that doesn't need to be changed.

I don't really see this working out. I think they'd probably abdicate, which I'd expect from any of the IxTs (except maybe ISTJ.)

ENFJ - ?? don't get this

ENFJ is a decisive In Charge type that's tempered by Fe. That means they'll not be weaklings, but they'll be compassionate and their power lust will be held back by their concern for humanity.

ENTJ - Probably have the greatest desire for power. Think they are better leaders than they are. Studies that I've seen of different types of leaders shows them to be no more effective than any other type. They were actually not rated towards the top.

Yeah, ENTJs are glorified ESTPs. The megalomania would be even worse than with the ESTJ.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
xNFJ or a nice version of ENTJ.

ENTP for king's political consultant / right hand man. Oh, I forgot, kings need army leaders, not political consultants.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the better question would be: which board member would make the best sovereign? (notice I didn't use "king" because that shit be sexist, yo).

I pledge my sword to ceecee. She seems to possess the necessary organizational skills along with the ability to lay the hammer down when need be, AND she's big on debauchery... a delicate equilibrium that is to be admired in any ruler.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My opinion is that EJs are the ones that really want to run the show and not INTJs though they often end up in leadership roles (as ISTJs do as well).

Here is my logic for the three I voted for:

ENFP - Can be a very inspiring leader. Understands the constituency and what they want. Flexible negotiator who is able to strike compromises. Bill Clinton is a good example of an effective ENFP leader.

ESTJ - They get people organized and get stuff done. Though not the most inspiring leaders, they clearly enjoy being in charge and are pretty effective in running a routine operation.

INTJ - Thinks about the big picture and all the component parts. Good transformational leader. Not as good at maintaining something that doesn't need to be changed.

Ones I didn't pick:

ENFJ - ?? don't get this

ENTJ - Probably have the greatest desire for power. Think they are better leaders than they are. Studies that I've seen of different types of leaders shows them to be no more effective than any other type. They were actually not rated towards the top.

I could see the inspiring part, but I think they'd be best if left to their own devices rather than put in charge. Perhaps have them as a rhetorician (or court jester, that works too.)

Eh, this is the classic megalomaniac type, so no thanks. Also, they have a tendency to be pretty strict about whatever it is they believe in, so I think they're best if they're given some sort of political or military post where they can get shit done but still have to answer to someone else.

I don't really see this working out. I think they'd probably abdicate, which I'd expect from any of the IxTs (except maybe ISTJ.)

ENFJ is a decisive In Charge type that's tempered by Fe. That means they'll not be weaklings, but they'll be compassionate and their power lust will be held back by their concern for humanity.

Yeah, ENTJs are glorified ESTPs. The megalomania would be even worse than with the ESTJ.

Look at the differences in terms of expressiveness and responsiveness. Expressivness is I/E and cooperative/utilitarian. It tells you how much a person likes to approach others in interaction. I/E is the basic social level, and C/U is about leadership. Responsiveness is people vs task focus. This is covered by either T/F or J/P (one will be the social level, and the other will be leadership). People/task tells you how much the person wants or will accept the presence or influence of others. It is marked by the meeting of "criteria"

So ENFP is expressive on the social level, cooperative in leadership, and people-focused in both areas. They're more about "inspiration" as you said, rather then domination. If their leadership temperament is a variation of NF known as the "Supine in Control", they may be a "loyal lieutenant" to the person or institution in charge, and appear to be dominating.

ESTJ is completely task focused, and expressive socially, yet cooperative. A dominating company man, following someone else's orders, as if they were his own.

INTJ reserved socially, but pragmatic in leadership. Completely task focused. Can be a silent, aloof dictator (Said to be "hard on others", and also themselves as well).

ENFJ expressive and task focused socially, but cooperative and people (diametric opposite) focused in leadership. May also possibly be Supine "lieutenant" following someone else's orders. Will on the surface be similar to ESTJ, but as was said, tempered by Fe.

ESTP - fully expressive, and socially, task focused, while in leadership, people-focused (think of their "showmanship"). Will be somewhat similar to the other "In Charge" types on the surface, but have less of a "serious" streak.

ENTJ - Completely expressive and task focused in both areas. (Hence, the ESTP "glorified" with that additional task-focus in leadership) plus the Will be more about their own ideas in leading than following anyone or anything else, hence, not being as effective as one would think.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I'm not sure if you understood what I meant by xNTJ

I'm sure I know what you mean.

Overuse of extroverted thinking instantly makes the IQ plunge.

Be prepared for your IQ to take a deep dive.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
As a king or queen, the challenge points for INFP would be being comfortable with exerting authority, and dealing with schemers - potential subterfuge. The first would be easier than the latter to learn.

INFP's don't necessarily reach for leadership - but if we need to step up, I think we can and do make good leaders. We're more inspirational than aspirational.

To be an effective leader, I do my best to compensate for my shortfalls by surrounding myself with people and tools that fill in my "gaps". Clear vision is essential, yet that would be true of anyone filling a leadership role.

With enneagram 3 in my tritype, it may make me more achievement / goal-oriented than your average INFP though.

A

Anew Leaf

I think the better question would be: which board member would make the best sovereign? (notice I didn't use "king" because that shit be sexist, yo).

I pledge my sword to ceecee. She seems to possess the necessary organizational skills along with the ability to lay the hammer down when need be, AND she's big on debauchery... a delicate equilibrium that is to be admired in any ruler.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TBH, I would much prefer to be the power behind the throne than to sit on it myself. Far less distractions while doing the real work. An ESTJ amenable to reason would be a good public face of leadership. I have had such a relationship with some of my best bosses: I do the homework and lay out a solid Te-style case to them; they get on board and do the politics and implementation. Win-win.