• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type Would Make The Best King?

Which type would make the best king? Why?

• Total voters
MBTI Type
INTJ
xNTJ's would be too cold and misunderstanding and more goal-oriented than people-oriented.

I think they'd be people-oriented. They just wouldn't be person-oriented. Which is a huge plus in my book, my INTJ-ness notwithstanding. Assuming that most of the citizenry are not altruists, almost every decision a leader makes is going to turn out poorly for a certain segment of the population. The ability to not let the plight of individuals change your mind is probably a detriment in your personal life, but it's an asset for a leader. An xNTJ leader will never let the lifeboat sink because too many people got on.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Well looking at it from a purely practical stance, an NFP, of course.

That you would use "practical" to describe anything related to "NFP" is precisely why NFPs should never be allowed to run anything...

Lack of objectivity.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Zarathustra said:
P advisors giving all kinds of information to the fair and open-minded, yet decisive J.
:yim_rolling_on_the_

Yes, laugh all you want, my child.

It's alright, you know not the errors of your ways.

(Which is precisely why you need an INTJ overlord to make sure you don't screw things up too bad.)

Personality Page said:
Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.

:)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think they'd be people-oriented. They just wouldn't be person-oriented. Which is a huge plus in my book, my INTJ-ness notwithstanding. Assuming that most of the citizenry are not altruists, almost every decision a leader makes is going to turn out poorly for a certain segment of the population. The ability to not let the plight of individuals change your mind is probably a detriment in your personal life, but it's an asset for a leader. An xNTJ leader will never let the lifeboat sink because too many people got on.

+1

Precisely.

We are realists.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think someone else demonstrated this to me earlier, but thank you though. I see your point. :yes:

A

Anew Leaf

I would be down for any type who doesn't believe in things like astrology because then I would know that they have opinions based in reality.

ENFJ/ENTJ

I don't really care, I'll be decrying the reigning monarch and rabble-rousing outside the palace walls regardless of their type. Unless they're good people. I'll still decry the institution though.

Mia.

Yes, laugh all you want, my child.

It's alright, you know not the errors of your ways.

(Which is precisely why you need an INTJ overlord to make sure you don't screw things up too bad.):)

Wow what a coincidence! I also found this at personalitypage:

"INTJs:
May quickly dismiss input from others without really considering it
May apply their judgment more often towards others, rather than towards themselves
With their ability to see an issue from many sides, they may always find others at fault for problems in their own lives
May look at external ideas and people with the primary purpose of finding fault
May take pride in their ability to be critical and find fault in people and things
May believe that they're always right
May have an intense and quick temper

Yeah.... open-mindedness (not to mention approachability) and NTJs are like peas and carrots. :D

May be wishy-washy and unsure how to act in situations that require quick decision making
May see so many tangents everywhere that they can't stay focused on the bottom line or the big picture"

Whoop. So much for decisive too...

Thank goodness we have a thinks-on-his/her-feet P in the drivers seat and not a deer-in-the-headlights, tantrum-throwing NTJ.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would be down for any type who doesn't believe in things like astrology because then I would know that they have opinions based in reality.

There goes [the whole mbti/everyone.]

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTJ, extremely objective with Fi last. I believe an F person who is well respected should stand as a wife/queen as an objective person usually makes the decision that F has a role in society.

Mia.

Just look at who's winning in the polls: all four NJs in the top spots.

Why? Cuz Ni is the king of the functions.

Personalitypage: "When Introverted iNtuition dominates the INTJ such that the other functions cannot serve their own purposes, we find the INTJ cutting off information that it needs to consider."

Thought that was interesting, given your Ni fetish. :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Personalitypage: "When Introverted iNtuition dominates the INTJ such that the other functions cannot serve their own purposes, we find the INTJ cutting off information that it needs to consider."

Yeah, I am stumped as to why an IJ would make a good king. To much of a head type for leading. Head types are better served as advisors/consultants.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Wow what a coincidence! I also found this at personalitypage:

Yeah.... open-mindedness (not to mention approachability) and NTJs are like peas and carrots. :D

Whoop. So much for decisive too...

Thank goodness we have a thinks-on-his/her-feet P in the drivers seat and not a deer-in-the-headlights, tantrum-throwing NTJ.

I'm not sure where you got that from, but I don't see it on Personality Page.

You also contradict yourself by merely pointing to the purported weaknesses of certain members of a type, and not balancing it out with the strengths, showing an inability to balance a complex, multifaceted issue, which would surely be a necessary requirement for a king.

If I were to do the same thing back, I could show the following from Personality Page about NFPs:

ENFPs:
Their enthusiasm may lead them to be unrealistic
Uninterested in dealing with "mundane" matters such as cleaning, paying bills, etc.
Extreme dislike of conflict
Extreme dislike of criticism
Constant quest for the perfect relationship may make them change relationships frequently
May become bored easily
Have difficulty scolding or punishing others

INFPs:
May tend to be shy and reserved
Don't like to have their "space" invaded
Extreme dislike of conflict
Extreme dislike of criticism
Strong need to receive praise and positive affirmation
May react very emotionally to stressful situations
Have difficulty scolding or punishing others

Not that I would actually use your flawed methodology, but, under your method, this really looks like just what you need from a king...

:rolleyes:

Apparently, being the P that you are, you weren't diligent enough to read the whole thread, including the part at the beginning about the individual being a highly developed example of each type.

Yeah, I am stumped as to why an IJ would make a good king. To much of a head type for leading. Head types are better served as advisors/consultants.

Once again, from Personality Page:

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.

I think we've had significantly more INTJ Presidents than ENTJ.

Mia.

You also contradict yourself by merely pointing to the purported weaknesses of certain members of a type, and not balancing it out with the strengths, showing an inability to balance a complex, multifaceted issue, which would surely be a necessary requirement for a king.

If I were to do the same thing back, I could show the following from Personality Page about NFPs:

Yeah, sounds like just what you need from a king.

:rolleyes:

Oh… you mean like when you did this?

That you would use "practical" to describe anything related to "NFP" is precisely why NFPs should never be allowed to run anything...

Lack of objectivity.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
May believe that they're always right
When you're right 99% of the time, that's an easy mistake to make. Hence the need for those P advisors to catch the 1% we might miss. Everyone has their place.

A

Anew Leaf

It's ok [MENTION=15004]mia_infp[/MENTION]. These INTJs are being cocky now but watch what happens if an ENFP goes flitting past trailing NP glitter and riding a unicorn.

Mia.

Apparently, being the P that you are, you weren't diligent enough to read the whole thread, including the part at the beginning about the individual being a highly develop example of each type.

Sure I did. I also read about what the INTJ is like under stress. And, God forbid, what an under-developed or lop-sided INTJ is like. (out of control Ni anyone?) Any good leader knows one must plan assuming the worst possible scenario, and work up from there. The thrown is no place for an INTJ. :D

Now there might be some openings as a consultants/sex slaves.... we'll have to see. The application will be uploaded soon.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Once again, from Personality Page:

I think we've had significantly more INTJ Presidents than ENTJ.

LMAO...Presidents arent kings. They are cronies of the people, because they are chosen by the people for the people.